Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days: the worst event ever.

Jack__The_Ripper_

Let me explain:
the event is not only boring (tell the truth, it's really boring) but it was badly designed, 50 pearls every 5 minutes ??? Really ?! And why doesn't the game end with a set number of "kills" (as in the arenas) rather than making me wait 5 endless minutes ?!
As for the prizes, leaving out that there really isn't a "useful" prize, but those prices?!?! 1000 pearls for a captura-scene?! Are we joking?!?!
Not to mention the rifle, unplayable, crooked, imprecise and with a NULL range.
No seriously, I love you and I love Warframe, but maybe you should find someone REALLY good at organizing events and awards, I tell you with sincerity and respect.

• Like 3

I think its a fun little event... that said why the hell is it so grindy?? The concept was fun at first but didn't last long until it got boring. Then you need to farm for hours to get the nakak rewards. Cut the amount required in half at least..

• Like 3

The main problem with the event in my opinion is that it goes completely against what makes Warframe fun - there is no variety. Stripping us of our mods(for the most part)/abilities/weapons and forcing us to use a single (bad) gun.. The reason the playerbase "tolerates the grind" is because we make the gameplay fun by building a character in a way that we want to keep playing. This is one of the main advantages Warframe has after so many years of development, there's a lot of things you can use and in several different ways. In the event however, since there is no "variety", the grind overshadows everything.

In order to ease our pain I would like to request that kills give us pearls, that way we can get this over with as fast as possible.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Valok said:

The main problem with the event in my opinion is that it goes completely against what makes Warframe fun - there is no variety. Stripping us of our mods(for the most part)/abilities/weapons and forcing us to use a single (bad) gun.. The reason the playerbase "tolerates the grind" is because we make the gameplay fun by building a character in a way that we want to keep playing. This is one of the main advantages Warframe has after so many years of development, there's a lot of things you can use and in several different ways. In the event however, since there is no "variety", the grind overshadows everything.

In order to ease our pain I would like to request that kills give us pearls, that way we can get this over with as fast as possible.

that's actually what I love about it. It's THE ONE game mode that is completely dependant on skill. ((besides lunaro)

Edited by Maka.Bones
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

No.

You need to SOAK IT UP TENNO, AND PUMP IT LOUDER!!!

Drink more fluids like Kela, and have fun with a fun event dude... if you don't like it, don't play it. Don't ruin it for those of us who love it.

How is he ruining it for anyone? He just gave his opinion, you clicked on this forum knowing that it was a negative one

• Like 3

3 hours ago, (PS4)connort54321 said:

How is he ruining it for anyone? He just gave his opinion, you clicked on this forum knowing that it was a negative one

Asking to remove something that we enjoy... when he could simply just  "not play it"

I did come into this forum knowing it would be negative, you're right. Just like he could choose to not play dog days, meanwhile those of us who do enjoy it are able to keep having fun *shrug* 

Edited by Maka.Bones

On 2019-08-04 at 3:35 PM, Maka.Bones said:

Asking to remove something that we enjoy... when he could simply just  "not play it"

I did come into this forum knowing it would be negative, you're right. Just like he could choose to not play dog days, meanwhile those of us who do enjoy it are able to keep having fun *shrug* 

So, still having fun after getting all of the Nakak rewards?

• Like 2

On 2019-08-04 at 8:35 PM, Maka.Bones said:

He gave negative feedback and your claiming he’s ruining the event, feedback is good wether good or bad, just because you like the event doesn’t mean everybody does, there are quite a few posts like this one for many recent events, including this one

• Like 3

worst? not even close, it just gets boring after a while due to the absurdly high cost of the stuff in cetus. and because of how "kills" are the only thing that matters, you either go afk, or end up killstealling intentionaly or not.

Hey! They took your feedback! 😄

On 2019-08-04 at 4:29 AM, Valok said:

Edited by Spriggs

And the patch made it better/worse.

Better because you get additional pearls for kills. Worse because you get pearls only for YOUR kills. It's so much fun when your teammates steal your kills and thus steal your pearls.

I really hope this event doesn't come back.

The squirt gun is super inconsistent. There are times where I'll insta-kill enemies with a single shot, and other times where I'm right next to them, shooting them continuously and seeing the water splash on them, and they're barely taking any damage. I also pump it fully after each kill. 

The only way I've really been able to get it to hit with any sort of consistency is to bullet jump back and forth across the map, aim-gliding directly at enemies and shooting them as they run at me in a straight line. Trying to hit certain ones as they run circles around you is almost impossible, even with leading your shots, because your shots are inherently inconsistent. 

I've also taken to playing solo... I can manage around 50 kills per run only facing 3 enemies and having no teammates there to steal kills. This also depends on which enemies are being faced... but it's rare to finish a round with fewer than 40 kills. 

Overall, I wouldn't have played this beyond the 4 initial parts of the event if not for the nakak items, and even then, I'm only working toward a few more things before the event finally goes away. If prices were reduced a bit, and if the soaker was tweaked so that it feels more like a legitimate weapon and not the dollar-store squirt gun your parents bought you to fight the neighborhood kids and their Super Soakers... it would be bearable.