The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days - Round leaders with 1 death - how?

FierceRadiance

Question

1 minute ago, FierceRadiance said:

I'm enjoying this fun summer take on Rathuum, but more than once I've seen players ending rounds with the most kills and only one death. Any suggestions on how they're managing to accomplish this?

What helps me is a Rejuvenation aura and several exilus mods that seem to help (I cannot confirm, but they do appear to help). Mainly mods to help with parkour and Aviator + Agility Drift.

Jump and aim glide as much as possible to limit your time on the ground and the enemy’s ability to target you.

31 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

After finally realizing how the guns pumping works I've stopped dying almost all together.

I'm still confused about this mechanic, might you explain it a bit more in detail??

I see enemies using the water-gun in 3 ways: as a suppression gun firing so fast it seems they have a hidden fire rate buff, spreading shoots in an arc (this is the specialty of the Kavat Grineer unit if you stay more than a sec near her) or as a shotgun (the rest of the enemies, you get near by error and you lose 40-45 HP in a single hit).

12 hours ago, BansheePrime said:

Just gotta stay mobile. After finally realizing how the guns pumping works I've stopped dying almost all together.

+1

I also only died once but I only got 2nd Most Kills...

Yes... with these Weapons... Parkour Actually can avoid something now.... 

This is how the enemies weapons' should be in  the normal game... at least for the Insta Kill ones...

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

This is how the enemies weapons' should be in  the normal game... at least for the Insta Kill ones...

As a squishy Banshee I'd like to assure you keeping yourself moving helps a ton in normal missions.

Edited by BansheePrime
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BansheePrime said:

As a squishy Banshee I'd like to assure you keeping yourself moving helps a ton in normal missions.

Sure it does... not so much in high level missions....

32 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Don't bother, Lutesque will not believe you. 

+1

Yesterday I hated the event.   This morning I think I read some comments on here or maybe I didnt but I realized....I dont have to rack up a huge kill count.  As long as I get 1 kill 0 deaths I did my part for the team.  I started today with that attitude and played ALOT and I had alot of fun.  I got the captura scene and a roller floof already and I got 8 more days to go lol.  But im currently catching up on tv shows, playing another game I just baught,  and or grinding standing so I cant put serious time into it...  

But when you start running from the enemies you notice some of them will follow you lol.  And if you are running away from them it makes them go in a straight line, and they dont really shoot at you until they are closer.   So I usually have packs of enemies chasing me while I mow them down easily cuz they are going in straight lines.  But dont stop and aim down the sights to often or they will flank you especially the speedy mofo.   

I usually end all my fights 10-18 kills and 0 to 1 death.   I know I said all I need is 1/0 but it gets boring just hoing around and im afraid of being counted as afk and not getting my pearls.

Fighting in the center of the map is the death trap.  Its doable but its so much easier to kill the stuff when its chasing you.  Sometimes when I dont have anything chasing me I will go making strafing runs through the packs of enemies fighting the morons in the center lol.  

I'd rather have a Roller Moa but atleast I have a floof of one now =P

Someone at DE was playing waaay to much of this.....

On 2019-08-04 at 6:24 AM, FierceRadiance said:

I'm enjoying this fun summer take on Rathuum, but more than once I've seen players ending rounds with the most kills and only one death. Any suggestions on how they're managing to accomplish this?

Move, move and move again.

Unlike others I didn't use aim glide. Stand on the ground, shot stuff, move, shot stuff, make enemies come to you, chose the time and place you fight, replenish ammo frequently, keep that health up.

I topped the kill count and 0 deaths in one match.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

People are actually thinking about what mods and aura's to use for this?

Euh.... it's just a bit of fun. It doesn't matter how many kills you get as long as you kill more then you die or at the very least that the entire team has more kills then deaths

So stay mobile, use the soakatron as a shotgun with short range, don't persue the kill when you need to pump the gun but instead break of the fight, pump it and return for the kill.

And most of all, have fun with it.

2 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Yes Senran Kagura Peach beach splash.   The other games in the series are brawlers but they made some retarded shooter version so they could squirt the girls lol.  

I played Estival Versus.... or whatever the name was...  I like Daidoji and The One with The Boots who wants to... erm.... grab... "things".... :O !!!

Katsuragi !!!! Yes... thatwss her name...

1 hour ago, (PS4)kite9000 said:

I certainly did. And it dud make it alot more fun.... I went with Sprint Boost and Zephyr for her Passive..... and I had a friend do the same so it could stack...

22 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I certainly did. And it dud make it alot more fun.... I went with Sprint Boost and Zephyr for her Passive..... and I had a friend do the same so it could stack...

To qoute from the official page to annouce the launch of Dogdays : https://www.warframe.com/news/dog-days-tactical-alert-now-on-all-platforms

" In the arena, there are no Mods, no Pets, no Abilities "

2 hours ago, (PS4)kite9000 said:

To qoute from the official page to annouce the launch of Dogdays : https://www.warframe.com/news/dog-days-tactical-alert-now-on-all-platforms

" In the arena, there are no Mods, no Pets, no Abilities "

I don't care what that page says.... Sprint Boost, a mod did work (Enemy Radar Didn't).... Zephyr and Nezha's Passives still functioned (Limbo's didn't) 

Perhaps stop burying your Face in walls of text and play the game. 

• Like 1

On 2019-08-03 at 5:17 PM, Gorgorex said:

I'm still confused about this mechanic, might you explain it a bit more in detail??

pretty much all you really need to know is that if your squirt gun isn't fully 'charged', charge it before trying to shoot anything.
the Projectiles go slower and expire sooner the lower the charge is.

On 2019-08-05 at 6:09 AM, (PS4)kite9000 said:

since a small amount of stuff does work in it, yes.
a few specific Auras, and all Set Mods that affect either Primary Weapons or are global(plus a few other Mods). IMO of note are Rifle Amp, Aero Set, Vigilante Set. 

On 2019-08-04 at 9:09 AM, BansheePrime said:

I'd like to assure you keeping yourself moving helps a ton in normal missions.

careful there, facts like that might cause someone to glaze over. :)

On 2019-08-06 at 3:09 PM, taiiat said:

since a small amount of stuff does work in it, yes.
a few specific Auras, and all Set Mods that affect either Primary Weapons or are global(plus a few other Mods). IMO of note are Rifle Amp, Aero Set, Vigilante Set.

1. If some do then it's clearly a glitch or a fluke because DE themselves stated that none would

2. In a solo run one should be able to get 10 kills or so easily even without those few mods and auras that might give one an edge provided you make an effort and know how to aim.

3. In full squad runs you should be able to pick up anywhere from 10 to 25 kills without mods, auras....depending on how acitve the other members of the squad are.

4. It's very easy even on the 4th level

5. So considering all of the above... why bother trying mods and auras in the first place?

Does it make it much more easy? (How bad are you at aiming and shooting?) If that is not the issue and it's just a little tweak then how will that you exactly? Is it really worth making a special config for a watergun fight or researching which mod does have an influence? For what? So you might have 1 or 2 pearls per fight more? Pearls you could have earned, and a whole lote more, if you actual bothered to use your eye-hand coordination?

Sorry but to me it just sounds ridiculous and not unlike someone trying to engineer the best squidger so as to win at tiddlywinks against there little brother.

Dogdays is meant as a lark, a bit of fun.

*smh*