So what is the best elemental combo for all factions?

Question

I always thought and have seen corrosive being used on any faction, no matter if it fits the type. 

But now I see people using viral even on fully armored targets..? 

So which is the best combo considering all factions? Help me 😞

Gerade eben schrieb (PS4)Kamranos:

Corrosive has always been my go-to because it works well against the heavier enemies in most factions.

Yeah, mine too.. (I'm very lazy to always switch combos, so I mostly run it)

But now viral comes up, and I've seen videos of people using only viral and going against fully armored targets which is..weird.. 

So I'm curious on which combo is THE combo against all factions.. 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Yeah, mine too.. (I'm very lazy to always switch combos, so I mostly run it)

But now viral comes up, and I've seen videos of people using only viral and going against fully armored targets which is..weird.. 

So I'm curious on which combo is THE combo against all factions.. 

Because Slash's proc ignores armor and is a great combo with Viral

12 minutes ago, yeetboi223 said:

viral basically improves the chance of a status proc to appear so with slash being good against health the viral can improve the chance to get a slash proc

I assume / hope you mean using 60% Dual Stats to form Viral and thus raising general Status Chance by +120%,
but the way you worded it is a bit misleading, having Viral on a weapon by itself does not make Slash procs occur more often
(kind of the opposite in fact, adding 90% elemental Mods simply adds damage types that now further compete with Slash for proc chances).

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I assume / hope you mean using 60% Dual Stats to form Viral and thus raising general Status Chance by +120%,
but the way you worded it is a bit misleading, having Viral on a weapon by itself does not make Slash procs occur more often
(kind of the opposite in fact, adding 90% elemental Mods simply adds damage types that now further compete with Slash for proc chances).

i do sir

If were talking about universal combo:

High status weapons/mixed - corrosive + viral if it possible (plague meta heh). If not then Viral+Rad or just viral. Slash damage on main. 

High crit - corrosive + hunter munitions because corrosive have not a big penalty for its damage and you dont care about procs. 

Why viral? Forget about its usual description. Viral is 200% damage boost for 6 seconds if target is not infested. Procs work with armors and shield, it doesnt matter. 

Edited by punish_me

Viral/Slash with a filler element murders everything.

The best way to deal with armor is to just grab a Shattering Impact mod and drop it on something that does impact damage quick, or to just stack slash status on things until they melt in a second or two.

In terms of theoretical options though, Heat/Toxin/Corrosive for dealing with Infested (Corrosive deals with fossilized health, aka most infested heavies) but Infested more rely on Ancients for damage mitigation, otherwise they are made of paper.

Corpus get trashed by most everything but their shields are most weak to Magnetic/Cold/Impact while Toxin/Gas just ignores the shields outright.

Grineer are mostly Corrosive/Radiation/Viral weak but as mentioned Viral/Slash can run them over fast with a good status weapon.

Overall though because Slash, Viral and Corrosive have the best status (Honorable mention to Gas/Toxin) you can usually get away with using any of those and just smashing your face into things. Except for status immune bosses.

Edited by Aldain

Been using viral and gas lately myself. It feels like it works better (corrosive is mostly strip armor right.. But what if their is no armor??), and enemies do feel like they are going down faster especially corpus. Id put viral/gas above radiation and corrosive at this point for general use..and yes. Although i know viral/gas bypasses armor to hit health, surprises me how much more effective it feels vs using corrosive

5 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I don't think corrosive+viral is possible at the same time on the same weapon? If so, how?!

A weapon with built-in viral can have corrosive (e.g. plague zaws, some infested weapons).

24 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

Been using viral and gas lately myself. It feels like it works better (corrosive is mostly strip armor right.. But what if their is no armor??), and enemies do feel like they are going down faster especially corpus. Id put viral/gas above radiation and corrosive at this point for general use..and yes. Although i know viral/gas bypasses armor to hit health, surprises me how much more effective it feels vs using corrosive

Gas/Toxin do not bypass armor and Toxin's DoT damage is reduced by armor. Toxin only bypasses shields... I'm not sure Gas bypasses anything as its status effect is a Toxin cloud that causes Toxin status procs.

it's complicated. Corrosive with *some* Status Chance will be atleast usable against Armored Enemies. you'll generally always be usable against the other Factions with most Damage Types.

but, is your goal to have your Weapons be just 'technically usable' at what you're shooting at, or to have high performance? there are 3 Modding tabs after all, you could fairly easily have different Damage Types for different Factions.

and ofcourse remember you have 3 Weapons, and they shouldn't all have the same Damage Types!

5 hours ago, punish_me said:

On weapons with base viral damage.

or base Corrosive Damage.