NigglesAU

Is Disruption soloable?

Question

And if so, any hints tips for dealing with Demolysts as a solo player?

18 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

My brother uses Harrow with Pyrana Prime to solo this. Use Condemn to CC, then pump those high crit headshots in. Harrow's one of the frames able to most consistently CC Demos and brings some strong damage to the table with Covenant. He's able to self-heal and restore his own energy.  If you've got him, he might be worth a try.

Edited by Andvarja
  • Upvote 1

i just bring a redeemer prime condition overload build and 2-3 shot the demolyst no buffs needed

• Upvote 1

Get a relatively tanky frame (Inaros works well cause the nullifying field can make others squishy) , 

Get magus lock down on your operator (bonus if you have Zenurik schools void blast upgrade) 

You hardest hitting weapons:

A status spewer (I use rattleguts or cyanex) and a high Crit melee with CO (needs high CD potential, status is taken care of by the ranged weapon, I use dohkram zaw heavy blade) 

The other ranged weapon for clearing the trash mobs. 

I just lock down the demolyst, spray couple of statuses on it and go ham with melee. 

Think I managed 10k points during the event with this, can't fully remember. 

• Upvote 1

• yes. the Reward rotations can't go quite as fast since you can only be in so many places at once, but you can absolutely play Disruption alone.
  • bring Shield Disruption. Demolyst Shields are the priority target in this Mission.
  • while Demolysts will regularly dispel any and all Abilities and Ability type effects every few seconds (like every 4-5 sec), in between this time you can apply any Abilities that you want. so you'll have to time your Ability usage to make the most of what effects you're bringing to the Mission.
    • Slows are really useful, since the Demolyst well, goes slower. pretty simple.
      • Temporal Blast is notable in particular (Zenurik slow when punching) since you can have that with any Warframe.
    • some types of incapacitations work on Demolysts, those can be valuable too. 
      • Magus Lockdown is notable in particular, since you can have that with any Warframe.
      • slows and incapacitations are mutually exclusive to each other generally, so you'll be choosing one or the other for the most part.
  • Damage.... use all of your Weapons together. that will make for the easiest time in dealing Damage. what that means is that Melee Weapons have the lowest barrier to entry since your Guns can provide a supporting role with them and the Damage Multipliers you can stack with your Melee Weapon. so you setup a Blood Rush & Condition Overload Hybrid Weapon. try to have the Hit Counter built up a bit before you get to the Demolyst, but that can be difficult.
    • try to have as many different Damage Types between the Gun that you'll be shooting and the Melee Weapon you'll be using. your other Gun has much less importance here as unless you're running Synth Reflex (i.e. a lot of Holster Speed), you won't really have time to magdump two Guns.
    • your Melee Weapon should really be setup for Viral Damage(w/ Primed Fever Strike, preferably! big Damage boost). if you have space for more Elemental Types then maybe, but Viral Damage is a must. even though Demolyst Shields are a major obstacle, you do still have to Kil the Demolyst and they're weak to Viral Damage. hopefully your Melee Weapon applies Viral Status after a few seconds too.
    • while Demolyst Shields are immune to DoT, DoT is still quite useful here, as DoT's have always allowed Players to push to higher EHP Enemies than they would otherwise, due to the nature of being able to stack more Damage. so if your Melee Weapon ultimately is a good candidate for applying huge, Crit and Condition Overloard Multiplied Slash Status, that will help.
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetfirejay1 said:

i just bring a redeemer prime condition overload build and 2-3 shot the demolyst no buffs needed

You need a riven to pull this off.... and Primed Pressure Point....

4 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

And if so, any hints tips for dealing with Demolysts as a solo player?

Technically you can.... but its highly impractical to do so... just because Demolysts are extremely resilient and they won't change their Path torwards the conduit for Any Reason...

My advice.... Rivens !!!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Technically you can.... but its highly impractical to do so... just because Demolysts are extremely resilient and they won't change their Path torwards the conduit for Any Reason...

My advice.... Rivens !!!

It doesn’t really need a riven. I’ve done it solo just fine without one. You just need to figure out how to kill em before they reach those points and the first thing to do is that you need to pay attention to is where’re they comming from. I always use a tanky frame and melee the hell of em when i go solo. I’m very sure there are other methods as mention above but thats just how i roll.

Edited by novalery
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I did the event solo on my alt acc with a non forma'd Mesa...so I guess she is very viable and easy as well.

The only thing you need to keep in mind (and somewhat of what taiiat said about dispel) you have to re-use LMB to shoot Demolysts (after they they used their dispel)

• Satisfied 1

1 hour ago, novalery said:

It doesn’t really need a riven. 

That depends on how deep you go... it takes a full clip to kill them using my best weapons (using standard mods) to kill Level 40 Demolyst Machinist....

Thanks for feedback. Wouldnt mind trying for wisp but that disruption mission is a pain - cant extract unless whole team goes. But at same time i die fairly early and cant go as many rounds as pub teams. So considering solo..

4 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

But at same time i die fairly early and cant go as many rounds as pub teams

Upgrade your builds then. This game mode isn't hard at all

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Lutesque said:

My advice.... Rivens !!!

maybe you need a Riven to even Kill a normal Lancer, but it's not needed whatsoever.

there's many ways to increase and deal Damage, actually putting them to use increases your Damage more than a Riven does.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Upgrade your builds then. This game mode isn't hard at all

Exactly.... its merely frustrating... and Dark....

Posted (edited)
On 2019-08-04 at 7:22 AM, Lutesque said:

That depends on how deep you go... it takes a full clip to kill them using my best weapons (using standard mods) to kill Level 40 Demolyst Machinist....

On 2019-08-05 at 12:55 PM, Lutesque said:

confused error GIF by Squirrel Monkey

OP: On top of all the suggestions given here, if you are feeling extra frisky you can always try to intercept the demolyst before he gets close to the objective.  He'll be marked with a red target symbol and the console finishes immediately after you kill him.  He runs about as fast as the typical capture target.

Usually the trash mobs can't kill the console that quickly so you don't have to babysit it the entire time.

Edited by CephalonDizzy

1 hour ago, Spyro_Haze said:

Limbo can solo any mission, just saying.

Not this one.... Limbo has Zero advantage in Disruption.

For solo I use Nova as her slow affects Demolysts. Coupled with a sniper rifle (usually use my Eidolon one) you can pick them off a good distance away.

• Upvote 1