Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Gameplay, Scoring Story Mode And Stuff: My Opinion!

Mainabi

personal opinion, I'm not talking for everyone or represent anyone but myself, there might some thoughtprocesses you'll disagree

in all honesty I'm not sure how I should imagine the whole mission concept for warframe, right now everything's just slash through and wait for event to get lore, they said they'd like to do drops to tell the lore, but I think that's barely enough.

I'm still asking myself, WHY am I helping lotus? as a newbie I'd never get the idea to press the upper bar to check on my stats and then look up the lore, it doesn't make sense to me at all.

I personally like to go through a story mode which is pretty linear, with checkpoints where I could go to some side missions if the lore has time for that. the story mode should guide me through the planet to the boss and I was thinking about 40min - 2h gameplay per planet, 

the story mode should explain why I'm raiding stuff, why I'm exterminating them the cause the motivation for my actions. also explain partially why I'm helping lotus, on lotus view (with the extra lore dropped everywhere pick ups etc you could tell the TRUE story with it, maybe revealing that lotus is the bad side etc)

especially for newbies it's hard to understand what you have to do in warframe, my friends (female and male, adults and teenies) get into the game, and barely understand anything what they have to do, for non gamers it's too complicated to even start a game, and for gamers normally they don't rly know what they're fighting for, just hitting stuff? nice, some are satisfied with that, but a most my friends don't get it. well that's just my personal experience with that kind of people and I can only talk about what they've reported to me. (some still continued to play but got burned out pretty quickly)

so I think a linear story mode per planet would be nice, with preset maps and coop elements, so wallrun mechanics, coop mechanics can be way better designed on NON random generated maps. after completing the story mode most of the planet is accessible, advancing further can be locked normally how it's done right now. misson outside of the story mode will be normal just a little bit more refined that's all

and what I was thinking if the maps are predesigned, non random, stealth mechanics can be made better, and giving completeion of maps, missions etc a score. stealth score, speed score etc (simply scoring nothing else, but it would be enough to keep me challenged, for example getting every map 5stars for stealth, maybe reward a stealth badge or something like that would be nice but not necessary)

vindictus for example has a scoring system, I like it, I can try to compete with other people like that (well I could, stopped because the support was S#&$ and didn't like p2w)

Sorry I drift too much from the main topic, so in short I'd like to have some motivation besides getting better weapons, roleplay wise, story wise and simply more logic into my actions. I also hope we have more stuff to do than grind, although grind isn't a problem, grind isn't fun in wf. since you grind to grind to grind more to get better weapons.

what would you guys think about it?, how'd you imagine the story mode should be or in which direction should warframe go to?

how about the map designs etc?

greetings Seira

PS I couldn't decide if I should place this topic into map feedback, gameplay feedback or even fanart, so I've decided to place it here, my apology if it's completely wrong it just feels like the best spot here

edit: that way you could also make assasination mode more like assasination 

Edited by Seira-EGT-

if it's "red" - kill it. it's enough for me, i still harbour hope that tenno are bad guys.

as for gameplay and content. there is no such thing.

grind is content at some degree, but it is rather boring.

game rotates around : buy bp, collect resources, build something, level it, buy next bp.

and what if i have it all? what should i do? i don't have places where i can utilize my arsenal.

Last months and a half i was achieving personal goal, which was to have maxed mods for frames and weapons. I did that. All my frames have maxed sets and weapons as well, hell even sentinels have their own sets. But whooooooooooooooooops, copy paste system. And i have nothing to level mods wise at all. New mods are trash for 95% of it.

Weapons, well i have pretty nasty arsenal for fun and for business, formad, maxed. Where i should go with that? i have no place. Only fun i had in last two weeks is soloing alerts with level 100 mobs, because i was forced to use powers and terrain to survive, that was fun.

Last updates like aura system, dual mods and even ability to forma frames basically killed coop in this game utterly.

New survival mode - that was fun on event, survival as it now is just a sad shadow. On event survival it was hard to say is it 1 hour passed or 10 mins, as it now.... 15 minutes is a torture, not as bad as EDs but still.

I don't really care about lore in this game, some people want it and i can understand them. As for me - i want decent missions with coop and challenge. Where teamplay and skill are needed. Coordination and planning.

You see lets take events as example: Arid Fear - at some point you have to split your team in half to catch a scout, it saves times and it also allows you not to waste time because of double lock doors. Fomorian event was a decent example of multistaged task (i won't go for downsides of these events, because it's hardly a case here).

Why i can't have a mission that require teamwork and coordination now? ED doesn't count it is not fun anymore.

Game offers no content for highlevel players at all. Instead DE still adding new content for low and mid levels as if noobs have nothing to do as it now.

So all i want are decent mission where you can go with clanmates, missions that you can fail, missions that offers challenge and reward (like a chance to shoot lotus in the face... or badge or something)

As rusher and mostly solo player i want missions for me.... maybe with reward in a form of badge " The strong are strongest alone" for example.

Basically i am asking for content, it is that simple.

Edited by Althix

I have to agree to you Althix, gameplay is important, story wise dark souls did it greatly, but somehow there's no way to give the darksouls story telling and feel to warframe, simply because lacking challenge, and as a game it's way faster than darksouls making it hard giving it the feel of tension.

and in all honesty I don't know how you want to make challenging hard coop elements on randomly generated maps, since the maps are super linear, there's only 1 way to get to your goal.

and yeah I loved the old survival, arid fear was also fun not thaat good but way better than the actual capture,  and I also accept that fomorian was fun. 

well for me lore is as important as gameplay (both is lacking in wf)

emmm... you know i still fail to understand why people referring to Dark Souls when they are talking about Warframe. Games are very different and have little in common.

Dark Souls is not hardcore game, but it is challenging. And even if you are missing a challenge you can always make a run with level one character in starter gear and have fun from gameplay process.

Dark Souls also have a soft cap or at least it had a soft cap of level 125. Because it is maximum level in if you want to participate in another side of the game such as pvp and fight club in dlc, more to say pvp aspect of the game Dark Souls is something different from a single player but somehow it blends in overall gameplay. Also pvp community in Dark Souls have it's own set of rules. well we had at release, we inherited this from console players. Such as greetings, bows, saying thanks no matter did you killed a guy or he killed you. Some honor bounds for example one of pvp areas Darkroot forest, players of this covenant even if they invade you in greater numbers always never gank you, you have many enemies but you fight only one at the time, others are watching, applauding etc. So even if we didn;t had a global chat in Dark Souls we still had a community of good players who enjoy the game, enjoy themselfs, often rolepaying their characters - like me i was roleplaying Balder Knight.

Also Dark Souls have a specific leveling system, when you can build any character you want. Last one for me was bloated guy with Scythe, i was roleplaying Typhus the Herald of Nurgle. So DS allows you to play as you want it.

Warframe on the other hand is supposed to be a coop game, simplier on it's core because WF is not RPG it's TPS. And difference here is actually great in approach to gameplay. But still game is lacking many coop elements. back to May when i start playing it took me about 12 hours to realize that EDs are better in terms of xp/mods/resources than missions like raid or capture where you basically wasting time. So i start to rush and given that by mistake i choose Loki instead of Excal, i was rushing very successfully. I complete entire game and farmed all bosses for bps as invisible Loki with Scidno, even after all my time in this game Scindo still a best weapon by killing statistics of all melee weapons i have. Only exceptions i made - i was running EDs and MDs in a pugs.

So that is about it, there is no depth in WF gameplay at all. I wasn't expecting deep character build or something like that i just wanted to play a game in a group on clanmates or friends and have fun. EDs was fun for me as trinity, tanking xini back to U7 was fun indeed. As it now game is build around simple grindfest, it is not even enjoyable. Because as it now new weapons for me is just mastery points.

For example mods for my sets i was farming on Cyath solo for the most of the time. Nm or not NM it doesn't matter. 700-800 kills, it is even better than full group on this map sometimes. Where is coop?. Where is challenge? all is lost back to U8 and U9.

And this U10 update for me is a huge disappointment, huge one. Because for team of four it is just 6 hours of gameplay and 4 hours of this time is key building. What? where? what is going on?

Sad truth, 80% of my friendlist is offline. Because they quit because of lack of content. Grind can wait after all.

As it now this game is time consuming, when i want it to be challenging or even hard. I want after day work kiss my wife, login and have fun instead of grinding for yet another weapon which i will sell after rank 30 anyway.

Edited by Althix

i was refering to dark souls because of the story/lore type it barely gets explained people have to sew the stories together, warframe devs said in some livestream the wanted to make lore drops with these drops you can read the story something like that, i wasn't rly talking about the gameplay combat type itself i was actually refering to the atmosphere and storytelling my bad if you didn't rly understand me

honestly i don't think that if DS game would have journal or map, this game would be just as enjoyable. because in DS game you are one on one with world around you. and you have no idea who are you, what are doing here and what you must do. Honestly i don't know what is better to lit the fire or walk away at the end. I still don't know.

in WF this trick will not work, because you already have some info about what you are, where are you and... well even what you must do. Lotus and stuff. I just can't see how lore could be played in WF as it did in DS.

So honestly DE's decision about adding lore by events i consider a good one. Because as it now i know that i am playing non-human or trasncended gene-engineered living weapon.(honestly look at loki's legs, no way they can bend in such a way for normal human). I have enemy. I have purpose to some point. I know exactly where i am now. What missing is: what i am exactly and why exactly i must listen to Lotus at all.

Maybe i like Kela more!

So it comes down to how DE would execute this idea of events based Lore. Because grinding for 3 days for " Alan V is A******" is rather sad.

Edited by Althix

oh again i meant with ds that wf can't go into that direction, the proble. is, wf is trying to in some degrees (lore drop for example) trying to be dark and provide very few about lore, stalker (replacement of an invader of ds) as i said before warframe is too fast for ds story mode so the game should be more on rails at least story wise

and event lore isnt rly lore since it feels more like event happeneings not rly keypoints in the tenno/lotus past

Edited by Seira-EGT-

well consider this. for example on some event we will learn that Lotus is very evil and she/it are using Tenno.

For me it's like "alright!! hive five me women! just point me who you want dead"

for another player it could be "oh noooooo what have we done?"

As future option it is also possible to divide clans on Lotus supporters and those who against galactic domination of Lotus. It is possible, very far away in the future but still.

Edited by Althix

as you said it's very far, the core story the story lotus tells us should be told earlier it's fine if lotus is lying to us, some motivation to it would be good (id prefer an evil lotus though) but what will newbies do? just get the lore by reading past events? i mean i just got dropped out of the cryo pod and a random voice in my head tells me to fight? sounds psycho to me

because you perceive this information from a point of view of a player, not a tenno.

tenno is a weapon or tool, but for some reasons Lotus pulls our triggers. It is also possible that only reason for tenno to exist is to serve and do their craft. And craft of a tenno is death.

I have no hope for lore. We tried to ask many times during livestreams. They finally answered during the last one, and they said nothing.

So now I just think I am just a mercenary and that I have no right to know about what I am doing.

Edited by matto

it doesn't means that drums and decorations can't be a part of tenno cult. look at space marines, chapter are cults with certain spiritual leader, heraldry and rituals.

p.s. hell in current military there are some... special traditions.

Edited by Althix