Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Major Connectivity Issues since Dog Days Update

(NSW)KvotheKingKiller

I just recently finished downloading the Dog Days event update data, which in and of itself took FOREVER to download for being a ridiculously small file size which, if I remember correctly, was 28.62MB, but for some reason was only allowing me to download it at around 600b/s, so it took me all night and into most of the morning Friday to Saturday to download, around 16 hours. Now, after I've finally downloaded the update, I'm having MAJOR issues with connectivity.

So far, I've tried picking mission 1 of the Dog Days update to play over 10 different times, and out of all those times, only once did it actually end up working and loading me to the actual mission where I was able to play and complete it. All other times, it stayed on the loading screen where it just shows your ship flying, for about 5 minutes, slowly filling the loading bar, only to pop up with an error message about 65% of the way through filling the loading bar, the error message stating "The connection to the host has been lost. You will be returned to the multiplayer menu.", then it puts me back through yet another loading screen showing the ship flying that takes another 5-10 minutes to load, that ultimately takes you back to your ship. At first, I thought it may just be an issue doing this on the Dog Days missions only, but I then tried just going to the star map and selecting regular node missions on other planets, and ended up getting the exact same error on the loading screen for these missions as well. It is even doing this when I try to attempt to simply go to one of the Relays. I've even tried changing my settings to Solo, but it hasn't helped.

At this point and time, I now cannot get ANY missions or levels to load at all, making the game literally unplayable. I think it is safe to call this a game-breaking glitch. I tried asking people in the region chat if anyone else was having this problem, but haven't gotten a reply back yet from anyone. Is anyone here in the forums experiencing/experienced this problem as well??? I have to know if this is just happening to me, or if it is happening to others. Before this, I have literally never had a single issue with the game before, and have just over 300 hours logged onto Warframe on my Switch. Please, someone, maybe even someone from the dev team for Digital Extremes, PLEASE reply back and let me know what is going on. Are you guys aware of this issue, is anyone working on fixing it, is the game literally going to ultimately be down for the whole time of the Dog Days event or possibly longer even?? I am totally in the dark as of right now, and just want to get my game back so I can play again.

• Like 1

I have the same problem, but luckily I still can play solo or as host.

Everytime when I joint a squad as client, I get "lost connection to host" at loading screen.

This problem seen to be introduce by recent update, loading screen constantly freeze at 60% for about 30 sec then back to normal loading.

I hope this can be resolve before water war end, I really don't like play solo in event activty.

I don't know what's going on with you guys. I never have problems like this. I think my internet is average, too. There is a little lag here and there but I usually connect to a squad. every once in awhile it doesn't work and puts me back in the orbiter or cetus/fortuna. But that only happens maybe once or twice a week. It really sucks that you guys aren't able to connect. have a great day, otherwise! 

Thank you everyone for the posts. I am relieved to at least hear others are having the same problem. I have since also realized that I can still play as long as I am in Solo mode. This wasn't the case originally, but since then it does seem that switching to Solo has helped. As I'm sure you're all aware as well though, it only JUST helps. I still get the issue doing this where ALL loading screens lock up around the 60% mark, then proceed to take SUBSTANTIALLY longer to finish loading than they otherwise normally would. I now end up spending anywhere from 10-30 minutes waiting on the load screens like this for EVERY mission, if you add up the loading times coming & going on each mission. I was actually able to complete the Dog Days event this last weekend, but where it maybe should've taken me an hour or so to play all the levels enough to get to mission 4 and unlock the final rewards, it literally took me around 6 hours to do so, and that was time from actually staying in the game constantly, just repeating each mission as quickly as possible, with little to no down time. If I even attempt to play in any mode other than Solo, (friends only, invite only, or public), I will simply get to that 60% load point on the loading screen before it then locks up, and after a few more minutes of sitting there like that, getting that error message of it saying the connection to the host has been lost.

Badger, it is NOT a problem on our ends with our wifi connectivity. I have very good wifi here at my home where I always play, and have continued to have a perfect connection to my wifi. It is VERY MUCH the introduction of this latest update that came along with the Dog Days summer event that has caused this. I have over 300 hours logged onto Warframe on my Switch, and have never encountered a single issue with any glitches or load/game crashing or long load times until now after downloading this latest update.

Don't feel too bad though, everyone, as along with us, I have been asking around quite extensively in the public chat rooms online in the game, and I have encountered many more people having this exact same problem as well. Yes, there are some people who aren't having any issues at all, but the number of people I've talked to that are having the same problem is quite large, so we aren't alone on this. I have also created a Support Ticket a few days ago on Digital Extremes' Warframe website regarding this issue, and am eagerly awaiting their response from that. As soon as I hear anything back from the developers, I will lef you guys know when and what exactly they say.

I really hope they get this fixed soon, as it's really hindering our game experience overall pretty hard.

Edit: I forgot to add, it may help if more of us submit Support Tickets on the website as well. Maybe more voices that direction will get heard better and/or get action on this moving quicker. Please consider doing so, if anyone needs help figuring out how to do this, please ask me on here, as it was a bit confusing for me to figure out initially as well, but I'd be glad to help if anyone decides to try it.

Edited by (NSW)KvotheKingKiller

Just ran to this issue as well... Was playing fine with my girlfriend last night, granted it was a private squad instead of a public matchmaking thing. But now the game straight up freezes at midpoint of loading and just boots me back to the orbiter after 3 mins or so.

Heck, I ran into a 2002-4373 nintendo error code several times now with the switch notifying that corrupted data was detected even after restoring multiple times, all other apps both newer and older downloads work just fine.

Update: Game attempted to redownload hotfix/ update files after restoring files (most likely those related to Dog Days event) but it ended up giving the same 2002-4373 error code (corrupted data or some such) and now I'ms tuck in a loop where the switch says I have to restore files but then the game launcher forces update that "re-corrupts" the game... I can't start the game at all.

Edited by Tsardova

I have the same problem, I hope they solve it quickly since I tried to reinstall the game but apparently it is the same game in the account, apart from the mission of Nora that asks to capture a hydrolist but I can not do it alone.

Edited by (NSW)Mr.Panda211

I still have not received a reply from the developers or anyone from their team on the support ticket I opened on the website. This is honestly bothering me quite a bit, as it has been 3 days now since I created it, I guess today will be day #4, and not a peep there or otherwise. I just turned the game on about 8 minutes ago for the first time today though, and it is currently downloading some kind of update, don't know as of yet what it is sin e it's only at 50% downloaded as of the typing of this message, but maybe it will be a patch to fix this? Guess I'll find out in a few minutes. The update appears to be 14.6gb in size (judging by where I'm at in the download process, 7.3gb remaining to download @50% completed). I'll let everyone know once its finished and I have time to play it for a bit if it is any kind of update that improved our specific problem we're all having in any way. I just feel like adding this in here as well, thank all of you guys for your responses, I really appreciate it if no one else does. Even if the devs aren't doing anything to help as of yet, I feel like Warframe really has a good community of players behind it who really help support one another often, and it shows. So, just wanted to say thanks all.

Edit: Just finished downloading that update, and tried starting the next mission in my main quest where I'm at, and still encountering the same problem, it locked up at the 60% mark on every loading screen I've come across so far. So, it doesn't look like that update did anything to help at all...oh well, let's keep trying to get through to the devs. All we can do really, I guess.

Out of curiosity, are you a non-US player with your region set to US?

I'm wondering if DE's changed something that makes clients much less tolerant to a poor connection to a host. Maybe try to set your region to your physical location and see if that helps.

For reference I'm in New Zealand set to US and I have seen some of this at certain times of day.

Hi Zatick,

Unfortunately no, I don't believe that's the case, although I really wish it were. I am in the U.S. and have my region set to North America, and I've never changed these settings since day one of owning my Switch.

I do have one question for everyone that's been posting here, something that's been on my mind about all of this since we began having this problem, and I just haven't asked it yet. For everyone encountering this problem: what mode do you primarily play Warframe in? I.E. handheld or docked mode on your TV?

The reason I ask is because I almost exclusively play in handheld mode myself, and i tried playing on docked mode for the first time ever since having this problem last night, and it seemed like it still locked up at that 60% loading mark, but for FAR less time. Like only a few seconds vs. several minutes. I still only played it in Solo mode though, so I am going to go docked mode right now and try switching back to Public matchmaking and see what happens. But I am VERY curious to hear what modes you guys all play in, because I'm starting to think it's possibly primarily handheld mode that is affected, and maybe that is why a bunch of other people aren't noticing issues because they always play in docked mode.

Just a working theory in progress atm, so guess I'll go do some testing and eliminate some more variables...

Update everyone,

I've finally gotten a reply from someone from Digital Extremes on the Support Ticket I created almost a week ago. They relied to it finally yesterday afternoon apparently, and I just noticed it today after checking on the ticket status on the website. I'll quote the reply below:

"We're very sorry for the delay in responding to your ticket request. Due to the nature of technical issues, we would like to confirm that you are still having these issues with your game or not. Personal changes, game updates, and/or small hotfixes often solve these issues after a ticket has been sent in. If the issue continues, we would like to help in any way that I can! Please let us know either way.

Good luck out there!"

I have responded to this reply basically stating that I am still having this issue, that I have confirmed with others here on this forum as well as in in-game public chat that there are others having this same problem as well, and reiterated what the specific issue is. Hopefully this means they will be looking into it now. Progress! (even if it's slow and not much as of yet...) If/when I get further replies from them, I'll repost here and let everyone know of any updates on the situation.

Update#2

Heard back from the same DE support person from my (still open) ticket. He had me try multiple things to see if they would help, neither of which did. I replied back to him telling him (and showing through screenshots I attached in the message to him) that neither of their suggestions worked, and that I was still encountering this error afterwards. I didn't get a reply back yet, as it was Sunday and I think they were possibly closed or something. So I'm expecting to hear something back from him/them later today now that it is Monday. Frustrating to see this taking so long to get them to fix it, but slow progress is better than no progress I guess. Will update next time I receive a response from them.

Edit: just for clarification, the two things he had me try were to a) check my Switch for a possible system update to make sure that it wasn't an out-of-date version causing the problem, but after checking i was obviously on the most up-to-date version. Not sure why they thought I could've possibly even been on an older version because afaik the Switch won't allow you to even play any online games if your operating system is out-of-date, and forces you to update when even trying to do so. b) he had me go into system settings and Delete All Saved Data for Warframe to "clear the cache" as he put it. He first assured me that doing so would NOT delete any of my progress or anything, im guessing because your online account & data for it is kept on their servers ultimately, which I can confirm is true after doing this, it ultimately just really reset all of my customized settings such as playing inverted, and disabling motion controls, back to default.

Just wanted to add this so you guys would know not to bother trying either of these methods, as they were just a waste of time and didn't fix the cause.

I bump my switch network NAT from B up to A, still don't fixed this problem.

Sometime, on rare occasion I can connect as client, but loading screen freeze still persist.

I really hate silent progress bar use in most software, why not just show user what action or stage is perform so we can pinpoint the problem?

6 hours ago, (NSW)Xanny said:

I think i fixed it, i just reinstalled the whole game on system storage, it seems like sum games dont run well on sd 

This is the fix! Just uninstalled warframe, removed my sd card and installed on my system storage. This has fixed two problems for me.

Downloads from the launcher seems fixed. I just got 1mb instead of the 1-2kb before.

Load time and squad play restored back to normal. 

Thanks Xanny! 

Hmm, so you guys are having success by switching your game data from being stored on the microSD card to the system storage? I might have to try that out, if I can find a way to clear enough room to do so. I'm one of those types who plays my Switch quite a bit, this being the case, I have well over 100 games on my system right now, have the main system storage full, as well as 2 128gb microSD cards, and am working on my 3rd microSD card now, a 64gb one...I'm pretty heavy into the Switch scene you could say...

Regardless, even if it makes a difference transferring all the game data to system storage rather than microSD storage, that sounds like an issue they still REALLY need to fix, as I've had my game data for Warframe on my microSD card this whole time and had zero issues until this last update, so why is it a problem now all of a sudden?

I'm still gonna keep at it on those devs with my support ticket with D.E. I think, which by the way, still haven't heard a word since my last update on that, it's been several days, which is frustrating me. This whole thing is just getting frustrating in general at this point. They clearly don't have the Switch version of the game as a high priority...

Thanks for all the help though so far, everyone! Maybe that game data transfer to the system will help!

6 hours ago, (NSW)KvotheKingKiller said:

Hmm, so you guys are having success by switching your game data from being stored on the microSD card to the system storage? I might have to try that out, if I can find a way to clear enough room to do so. I'm one of those types who plays my Switch quite a bit, this being the case, I have well over 100 games on my system right now, have the main system storage full, as well as 2 128gb microSD cards, and am working on my 3rd microSD card now, a 64gb one...I'm pretty heavy into the Switch scene you could say...

Regardless, even if it makes a difference transferring all the game data to system storage rather than microSD storage, that sounds like an issue they still REALLY need to fix, as I've had my game data for Warframe on my microSD card this whole time and had zero issues until this last update, so why is it a problem now all of a sudden?

I'm still gonna keep at it on those devs with my support ticket with D.E. I think, which by the way, still haven't heard a word since my last update on that, it's been several days, which is frustrating me. This whole thing is just getting frustrating in general at this point. They clearly don't have the Switch version of the game as a high priority...

Thanks for all the help though so far, everyone! Maybe that game data transfer to the system will help!

Don't do that! The point is reinstall, location is not important.

I delete and reinstall Warframe on same SD card again, it work! you don't need to put it on main storage.

10 hours ago, (NSW)Zwiebel said:

Did the same thing and nothing changed...still can't join matches. 

Sorry it didn't work for your situation, but I think put a 16gb game on 20gb main storage just not a long term solution.

My loading screen still freeze in same place but only 1 sec freeze, hope your problem can be resolve in next update or hotfix.

Yeah Alleno, unfortunately just deleting and reinstalling on microSD isn't working for most here...I finally got enough games archived to put my Warframe data on my system memory vs microSD card, and I can also confirm that it fixed my connectivity problems. Everything is now working as it should! Soooo nice to be able to play on Public again for the first time in weeks now without it crashing out!!

I still consider this a temporary solution though, as this problem should not be occurring at all, and you shouldn't be forced to have to put a large game such as this on the system memory only just to not have this major bug occur. I'm still going to try and see if I can get the support guy to elevate it further, but I will also let him know of this solution for the time being. Perhaps it's a bug specifically from that Dog Days update not meshing well with microSD card game data storage, so it still warrants further investigation imo.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (NSW)KvotheKingKiller:

I finally got enough games archived to put my Warframe data on my system memory vs microSD card, and I can also confirm that it fixed my connectivity problems.

Happy for you, that it fixed your problem. I also redownloaded Warframe and have it on my system memory and it's still the same.

Writing back and forth with the Support guy and already told him that there are many people with that problem and the only thing he suggests is to check my internet connection. 😕

Edited by (NSW)Zwiebel
Typo

Zwiebel,

Man, I'm sorry that sucks. Just curious, so you say you opened a support ticket as well? Also out of curiosity, which support person did you get, because mine recommended the same, lol.

He did just post today on my support ticket and said they are now opening an investigation into it, and I replied back to him just now to inform him about the (temporary) success I and a few others had with the transfer to system memory.

Man, I was really hoping that would've worked for everyone else though, so yours just kinda shot that theory down I guess 🤷‍♂️. Well, I still say we keep at it with them until they get a hotfix patch out for it or something. If nothing else, I'm glad that we have a good community of gamers here willing to try and help one another 👍.