Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Are People Getting the Max Scores on K-Drive Races?

Chanzi

Question

I've been doing K-Drive races a fair amount, and I've noticed that on leader boards it looks like there are the people who have been getting high score normally, and then there are people who have maxed out the score, which is usually several hundred points higher than the rest of us. How are people doing that? Are they exploiting something that need to be fixed?

I'm using Magus Drive and on Puffin' Pastures I have had several close to perfect runs, but the highest score I can get is 4540. I saw someone else at 4576, which definitely could be someone being a little more precise. Then there are the people who all have 4900. Unless I'm really missing something, there's no way they're running this course normally.

9 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Chanzi said:

Are they exploiting something that need to be fixed?

This really just strikes me as “I believe people are exploiting something because I am not good enough”. The races I have tried I was able to get relatively close to the top score - less than 200 away (this might be due to a course difference).

• Maybe people are exploiting it, maybe not (people certainly did with the obstacle course). Can anyone prove that people are? Surely you wouldn’t admit to exploiting something consistently would you?

I'm totally great with the idea with there's some way to be better than I am. I'd love to know what that is. @krc473 I'd be interested to know what your score is on Puffin' Pastures. The reason I suspect something is not from what my score is but because there is a ~400 point gap between the top group and everyone else who has a score that's not maxed out. If it was just better racing, I'd expect to see less of a gap.

And to be fair, it may have nothing to do with an exploit, but clearly I'm missing something to be able to add 400 points to a run. Are people getting off their K-Drives to refresh the Magus Drive buff? Are they using void dash between some points and then getting back on their boards? People definitely could do a cleaner race than I did, but I don't think there's enough room to improve by 400 points without changing something else as well.

I haven't checked for certain but I felt wisps speed buff actually made me go a bit faster too, so I wouldn't be surprised if volt's buff works.  I didn't try the magus buff as in all honesty I have better arcanes for that slot when I'd prefer to be using archwing all the time....

54 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Are you using 2 Magus Drive?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Magus_Drive says they don't stack. Is it wrong?

18 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I haven't checked for certain but I felt wisps speed buff actually made me go a bit faster too, so I wouldn't be surprised if volt's buff works.  I didn't try the magus buff as in all honesty I have better arcanes for that slot when I'd prefer to be using archwing all the time....

I'll try Wisp. That's a great idea.

@LSG501 Wisp's buff didn't do anything from my testing.

So this still leaves the question, why is there such a big gap between the top group and the next highest scores? If it was pure skill, then you would expect to see people getting scores all the way up to the max rather than there being a gap.