Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missions Would Be More Rewarding If You Got Better Loot

SweepTheLeg

Treasure chests.

It's like any dungeon-crawler style game. Loot is what keeps players engaged during the missions.

Sure, there's mods, but mod drop rate is spectacular and it's totally possible that you can complete an entire mission without a mod drop. Even if mods do drop, there's a great likelyhood that you'll end up getting something you really don't care about or something with little relevance to you, such as 5 reaches or revenge mods.

Warframe would be more fun if there were storage containers that dropped ammo, energy, health and affinity orbs and if there were chests that dropped other items such as gear (ammo) boxes, random in-shop blue prints, rare materials, nav coordinates and other items of interest.

This way players have more of a reason to explore the entire stages rather than just going to the objectives and leaving. I know where some of the secret rooms are in the grineer settlements, but I have no reason to go there because I can get whatever drops there from any container in the map. There's also a great chance that if I do take the time to go there the containers will be locked anyways and a maxed out Master Thief is a 40% chance to open those containers (don't get me wrong, love that mod).

Right now, there's no reason to hunt containers unless you're dying and need health or you're arbitrarily searching for rare materials that drop off of kills anyways. Well, there's nav coordinates and I guess that is the true reason to break containers.

I don't feel as if the actual mission objectives, after having completed said mission once, matter to me much. It's the end of the mission that rewards the gear/bps/cash shop items, so I find myself just waiting for the mission to be over to see what I got rather than wanting to focus on the goal and be in the moment.

Just a suggestion.

This isn't a dungeon-crawler style game. :|

It quite is.

It plays exactly the same, sans theme, like Diablo or Dungeon Siege or any other similar action (rpg~ish) co-op game. You get skills, you get different characters with different abilities that fit a specific (or at least come near) role in a party and you group up to finish missions and get loot.

All of the locations are more or less dungeonesque, except they're ships, because they are in space. The only real exception is Phobos and certain levels of Corpus settlements where you can go outside for two minutes.

You go in, most of the time, hunting for loot at you leave. 

it might sound like a good idea, but we'd also have to reduce the amount of containers to balance the good stuff that will be given...besides, are there not enough ways for you to get stuff? there's the daily lottery, the market, and the end mission rewards.....seriously, why do you need to give more in crates? it's not like any of the regular foot soldiers we kill by hundreds have anything more valuable than ammo, money, health and energy orbs that only the enemies use...

it might sound like a good idea, but we'd also have to reduce the amount of containers to balance the good stuff that will be given...besides, are there not enough ways for you to get stuff? there's the daily lottery, the market, and the end mission rewards.....seriously, why do you need to give more in crates? it's not like any of the regular foot soldiers we kill by hundreds have anything more valuable than ammo, money, health and energy orbs that only the enemies use...

Because right now play styles are not equal. Nova blasting anyone and charging to the objective get a lot more than guy who actually explore places, hunt for secret ones and breaking every container not only on his way, but with many of them requiring a fair bit of side stepping.

Because right now play styles are not equal. Nova blasting anyone and charging to the objective get a lot more than guy who actually explore places, hunt for secret ones and breaking every container not only on his way, but with many of them requiring a fair bit of side stepping.

those containers usually have more stuff/better stuff in them in the first place, and those nuker frames that does that aren't usually doing the mission to farm resources, at least, in my experiences

those containers usually have more stuff/better stuff in them in the first place, and those nuker frames that does that aren't usually doing the mission to farm resources, at least, in my experiences

That's why you can meet rank 7 Nova on every planet, from Pluto to friggin mercury.

Also, those containers don't have more or better stuff. At least not anymore. Even with master thief, checking every container and going solo (Getting the least enemies possible) about 70% of the stuff will be from fallen enemies. It's somewhat better when it comes for credits, but it's still only 50|50 with them.

Also, while your hard earned credits are shared between team members (Effectively dididing your credit gain by number of mouth), while resources are not. So, going for containers you are losing more than you are getting, since resources despawns.

Edited by Icouldjustkissyou

you can meet maxed out frames everywhere though...besides, look at the orokin voids, those missions rewards players that explore the level by giving them mods and stuff

Thank you for "valueable" advice. Void still drops more from the dead than containers and you still can't explore every piece aside from solo because rest of the team won't hesitate to rush to objective and back, probably leaving you without level clearing money, making your efforts a joke for a S#&$ty pile of mods that could be gained via 40 seconds of survival.

Thank you for "valueable" advice. Void still drops more from the dead than containers and you still can't explore every piece aside from solo because rest of the team won't hesitate to rush to objective and back, probably leaving you without level clearing money, making your efforts a joke for a S#&$ty pile of mods that could be gained via 40 seconds of survival.

get better teammates, or just determine what y'all are gonna do before the mission starts, this is why we have a pre-game lobby

you should also know RNGesus controls all drops, you might as well kill more and explore more in the same mission while you have the chance...

get better teammates, or just determine what y'all are gonna do before the mission starts, this is why we have a pre-game lobby

you should also know RNGesus controls all drops, you might as well kill more and explore more in the same mission while you have the chance...

Another "valueable" advice. If you are coming to void, they'll tell everything to get there and then will S#&$ on your guesses. In common missions, everyone barely looks in chat.

What comes to friend, screw it. Stuff like vortex, impenetratable double Volt's shield and other get fixed, why should not this CORE aspect be fixed?

Another "valueable" advice. If you are coming to void, they'll tell everything to get there and then will S#&$ on your guesses. In common missions, everyone barely looks in chat.

What comes to friend, screw it. Stuff like vortex, impenetratable double Volt's shield and other get fixed, why should not this CORE aspect be fixed?

this is why we can't have nice things, just because people don't pay attention to the chat doesn't mean you shouldn't TRY to communicate beforehand...also, if you find me in warframe, feel free to give me a shout if you want to do an explore run or something.

looting isn't a core aspect, like I said before, there are various other methods of obtaining materials and mods, it be a core aspect to "historically accurate" ninjas, but being SPACE ninjas, we don't have to follow the traditions! (incidentally, I wonder why we don't get called space berserkers....we do pretty much the same thing...) 

looting isn't a core aspect, 

In the game where you have nothing to do except for laying your bones on the top shelf or catching them all. Very good logic, I'm sure you'll be getting PhD in no time if you try.

And I didn't say a word about ninjas. And you'll be surprised, but berserker is not much of an offense, it's all about defense, standing as long as you can to cover the extraction. That's where tales about using spear as a support comes from.

The game IS about loot, almost wholly. It's the driving aspect for players right now.

The loot you get isn't that great.

The way loot could be obtained could be better and the value of the loot could be better.

Right now, you aren't really getting much for the time you put in to the game.