Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IIAc3sII

Unfriendly color picking/comparing UI.

Before the patch, it was easy to compare your already equipped color with a new color you are trying to choose, because between all color-boxes in the palettes there was a tiny gap and when you hovered over this gap it would show you your already equipped color, this made comparing colors very easy and friendly.

After the patch, the tiny gap between all color-boxes is gone, you can no longer have your already equipped color shown to you unless you move your mouse completely out of the palette, in essence this means you can only compare your already equipped color with other colors if those color-boxes are on the outside of the palette, any color-boxes on the inside of the palette become utterly incomparable with your already equipped color.

This change now turned comparing colors into a messy and unfriendly act where I am now forced to take a screenshot of my original color and then another screenshot of another color just so I could place both screenshots next to each other just so I can see the real difference between them, whereas before this patch all I had to do was place my mouse in the tiny gap between the color-boxes which took no time or effort to do.

In conclusion, we NEED a tiny gap between all color-boxes in the palettes so we can COMPARE our already equipped color with the new color we try to choose, now this tiny gap is GONE and its infuriating to try and compare colors properly now, PLEASE bring this tiny gap back!

aN2jVCA.png

Yes. It smight seem ridiculous to some, but it was something that I used and found especially useful comparing certain close shades or emissive changes 😞

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

It might seem ridiculous to some, but it was something that I used and found especially useful comparing certain close shades or emissive changes 😞

It does not seem ridiculous at all, it was very useful to use this tiny gap to compare, now comparing has become near impossible unless you spend time and effort into making screenshots.

Before: no time and no effort spend into comparing

Now: forced to spend time and effort into making screenshots just so I can compare

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Hawk_of_the_Reborn:

Isn't t this sorta nit picking? I don't see how its a problem, or am wrong?

It wouldn't bother anyone if the color box wouldn't grow when hovering over it.

That's something DE could fix in less than 10 minutes.

We really should just have a bloody full on colour chart so we can just choose the specific colours we want, rather than needing pre-determined palette colours, which frankly, have annoyed the living hell out of me since day 1! It just feels so restrictive and clunky.

5 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

We really should just have a bloody full on colour chart so we can just choose the specific colours we want, rather than needing pre-determined palette colours, which frankly, have annoyed the living hell out of me since day 1! It just feels so restrictive and clunky.

I don't mind it that much, I kinda like it as something to collect

36 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I don't want to be wrong, but if I am? meh, so be it. 

But

Isn't t this sorta nit picking? I don't see how its a problem, or am wrong?

The OP already stated why they don't like the current change: it makes comparing colors impossible.
It sure isn't a major issue but it's something that some players find frustrating, esp. those who are very keen on coloring their frames.

8 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

The OP already stated why they don't like the current change: it makes comparing colors impossible.
It sure isn't a major issue but it's something that some players find frustrating, esp. those who are very keen on coloring their frames.

Eh I guess

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

What do we want? Hexcolors in Warframe! 👏

When do we want it? Now! 👏

What do we...

@IIAc3sII coming to think about it and assuming DE will never do anything about it: You could fav the two colors you are trying to compare and drag them next to eachother.

Not a perfect solution but certainly less annoying than comparing two screenshots.

EDIT: also:

vor 22 Stunden schrieb NightmareT12:

What do we want? Hexcolors in Warframe! 👏

When do we want it? Now! 👏

What do we...

We want Hexcolors in Warframe PLUS unlimited favs, and we want them now!

Why are favs even limited to begin with?

On 2019-08-05 at 3:54 PM, Devarious said:

We want Hexcolors in Warframe PLUS unlimited favs, and we want them now!

Why are favs even limited to begin with?

Better question, why are Favs wiped every major update?!

Am 6.8.2019 um 21:25 schrieb Stormandreas:

That also.

Thought I was the only one.

I also get all settings reset though, no matter if every major or some minor updates, or even at complete random mid-session.

I noticed this almost immediately when the change happened. just the little gap was pretty annoying tho. I'd prefer a dedicated comparison button, holding it down shows the currently equipped color, and not holing it shows the color you're mousing over. this would be a lot better than fiddling with the tiney gaps. having the gaps was better than nothing tho

On 2019-08-06 at 9:25 PM, Stormandreas said:

3 hours ago, Devarious said:

That also.

Thought I was the only one.

I also get all settings reset though, no matter if every major or some minor updates, or even at complete random mid-session.

Favorites are stored in a local settings file. What IDK is why your settings reset, that hasn't happened to me unless I myself went into the folder to delete the file willingly.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb PollexMessier:

I noticed this almost immediately when the change happened. just the little gap was pretty annoying tho. I'd prefer a dedicated comparison button, holding it down shows the currently equipped color, and not holing it shows the color you're mousing over. this would be a lot better than fiddling with the tiney gaps. having the gaps was better than nothing tho

Great idea actually. Now we wait until nothing will emerge from that entire conversation yet again.

I really hope DE takes a look for once. And notes.

20 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Favorites are stored in a local settings file. What IDK is why your settings reset, that hasn't happened to me unless I myself went into the folder to delete the file willingly.

I do literally nothing to my local files and they get wiped

I dont feel like it's that great of a difference since when I tried using that feature I usually couldnt put my mouse exactly in that gap to compare colors. So current state looks fine to me

With the smoke color palette I don't even see what I'm selecting anymore on the bottom rows, cmon DE, plz bring it back to how it used to be, selecting colors now is a downgrade from how it used to be when it comes to visibility and especially with comparing colors.