Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speedster frame and Volt will be able to sun over water - Hydroid should have water perks too!

BrazilianJoe

Some frames are now going to be able to run on water. 

Hydroid can literally become water on some abilities. But has no environmental water friendliness.

What I think Hydroid should have: 

Hydroid and its abilities contact with water will not scare fish. 

Tempest  Barrage: Should have an Augment to lure a random fish when cast over water, even rare ones. Chances according to fish rarity.  

Tidal Surge: If if reaches max. range in the middle of the water, it will continue forward until it reaches a land mass - unless it is going into the ocean on Cetus 🙂

Bonus range over water would be mostly useless, as currently no enemies float. It would be just a convenient mobility stuff.

Undertow: Can move under water. If no enemies are trapped and Undertow is at least 50% over water, it costs no energy. Can use spear when Undertowed.

Augment: draw spawned fishes in from a distance 2x larger than Undertow's radius. 

Tentacle Swarm: Hydroid can stand on the Tentacle Swarm's monster head. 

Augment: Tentacles can capture fishes around it, more or less at the speed Helios automatically scans. Not 100% accuracy, fishes have a chance to escape. 

And Embeer is able to use green fire to heal alias.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb BrazilianJoe:

Tentacle Swarm: Hydroid can stand on the Tentacle Swarm's monster head. 

I love this idea. Even if the ability will still stay useless.

2 hours ago, BrazilianJoe said:

devstream

They have said nothing about volt running on water. Don't spread wrong info. All tht said was volt will work well alongside gauss. 

Rip speed volt imo, gauss will be faster apparently, have a defense mechanism for on the move and still have the buffs to attacks on ult. Speed volt will be a straight downgrade.

10 hours ago, TeaHawk said:

But he's uncontrollable while 1 is active. It makes him hard to use on normal missions.

Meh we will know when we get our hands on. Volt is pretty uncontrollable too if you go absolute max speed in some tilesets. With gauss you will do bursts of speed with some fine tuning in between. Might even end up more controlable specially since you can dash midair too. I am expecting to be easier since you can change between speed and normal at will unlike volt.

Hyped for Gauss

4 hours ago, MonkeyKV said:

Volt is pretty uncontrollable too if you go absolute max speed

Pretty uncontrollable and literally completely uncontrollable are 2 different things. I have no problem using 324% power strength volt. If you get used to it, you can avoid obstacles really well.

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

He still has a 1.40 base sprint speed.

And that's it. Still can take Volt instead. Or even wisp.

20 hours ago, TeaHawk said:

Pretty uncontrollable and literally completely uncontrollable are 2 different things. I have no problem using 324% power strength volt.

Yes I don't think neither are/will be completely uncontrollable. I too got used to volt max speed. I'm just wondering at this point that the high base Sprint speed, together with the control over the speed skill on/off and the Airborne dashes will make him probably at least just as controllable as volt. What kind of buffs he gets for melee remains to be seen.

Not saying RIP volt, as he's got a lot more then speed. But personally I only use volt for the speed, and I don't find his other skills working well with it. With max speed build I never use 1 and 4 and 3 sporadically when I absolutely need it. Having the 3 spawn in hands would be a great addition to volt.

Gauss seems to be faster at base skill without mods, and have other skills complementary to the speed. RIP speed volt for me personaly

On 2019-08-04 at 9:15 PM, Magicfingers said:

Hydroid does have one thing going for him...he can pee in his pants and no one would think anything about it. they'd just think it was some new ability he was given

Thats called corroding barrage.