Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dogs Days, AFKing

Endyern

Hi everyone I've been noticing a lot of people hiding on the rocks, in the water, and even in the small areas full of decorations. Please stop, you're leeching from other's players effort to gain items and pearls fairly. I'ts getting to the point where their is an individual each match AFKing in some spot while other players do all the work.

If you want to hide, do it solo please where you leeching rewards off other players. I know I can solo the matches myself (which I am) but it's pretty frustrating to join a match with a player AFKing in a spot on the map. Thanks for reading. 

• Like 4

Just now, Endyern said:

you're leeching from other's players effort to gain items and pearls fairly

You can't get more than 50 pearl per run regardless of your score, so if you're K/D is above 1, you've done your part, and since to get event stuff we need to run the same mission 80+ times with half the enemies glithing out and teleporting around do not expect any effort from players.

• Like 3

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Endyern:

Hi everyone I've been noticing a lot of people hiding on the rocks, in the water, and even in the small areas full of decorations. Please stop, you're leeching from other's players effort to gain items and pearls fairly. I'ts getting to the point where their is an individual each match AFKing in some spot while other players do all the work.

If you want to hide, do it solo please where you leeching rewards off other players. I know I can solo the matches myself (which I am) but it's pretty frustrating to join a match with a player AFKing in a spot on the map. Thanks for reading. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Infirito:

You can't get more than 50 pearl per run regardless of your score, so if you're K/D is above 1, you've done your part, and since to get event stuff we need to run the same mission 80+ times with half the enemies glithing out and teleporting around do not expect any effort from players.

You actually dont need to do a single kill since a tie counts as a win for you. So you're actually doing as much work as the people standing around on a rock.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Infirito said:

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

You actually dont need to do a single kill since a tie counts as a win for you. So you're actually doing as much work as the people standing around on a rock.

Note that the 5m timer is still going even if you hit pause, this gamemode is so poorly designed

• Like 1

Just now, Drachnyn said:

I usually get 2-3 kills as a buffer in case enemies spawn bihind and gank me, that's about it, though.

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Note that the 5m timer is still going even if you hit pause, this gamemode is so poorly designed

DE can count this as an exploit, I'd rather not have my acc banned over some broken event.

Just now, Infirito said:

I usually get 2-3 kills as a buffer in case enemies spawn bihind and gank me, that's about it, though.

DE can count this as an exploit, I'd rather not have my acc banned over some broken event.

But hiding is not an exploit so you can still do that. I do it solo personally though so those crazies who like to do more work for nothing can enjoy the event...

Blame the combination of the content getting boring fast and the amount of grinding needed for the items being absurd.

Also factor in the lack of anything encouraging performance (no difference in 0 kills or 100 kills, you still win with no deaths) and you have a huge boring grind that thankfully has nothing meaningful behind it.

P.S I actually stopped after the 4th mission and haven't been in since.

Edited by Aldain

All of this would have been prevented if they made the even work like rathuum, so the first team to reach 25 kills wins. Right now there is literally no point in doing anything besides going to a spot where the enemies dont reach you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Go in the recruiting chat if you want a specific team

No, the only reason you should ever need to go to LFG is if you are looking for specific groups not if you're simply looking for people who are actually going to participate in the base mission. 

That said unfortunately there is really no good way at present of weeding these people out and or punishing them for their inactivity without throwing the baby out with the bath water. Should DE come to a reasonable solution however I'm more than fine with them yeeting these players directly into the void. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Go in the recruiting chat if you want a specific team

You shouldn't have to go to recruiting chat just to get a squad that doesn't afk. Instead of telling people that actually want to play the game to go out of their way to find people who want to participate, tell selfish lazy leechers to hit that little top left button and switch their matchmaking to solo.

Edited by CephKaron
  • Like 2

Kills are pretty meaningless in this mode. As long as the players isn't afking and dying nonstop, I don't think its a problem.

Now if there was an actual reason for getting a higher score (i.e. it impacts the amount of pearls it drops or it reduces the timer) then I would absolutely understand your frustration.

They should just ban those people until the event ends and take their event items away. I want to enjoy this event with 3 other people. It isn't that hard to set the game on solo and afk there. But I guess I have to ask in the recruit channel now. I hope they change it when it arrives for the second time.

Edited by RockstarJinx

15 minutes ago, Oreades said:

No, the only reason you should ever need to go to LFG is if you are looking for specific groups not if you're simply looking for people who are actually going to participate in the base mission. 

That said unfortunately there is really no good way at present of weeding these people out and or punishing them for their inactivity without throwing the baby out with the bath water. Should DE come to a reasonable solution however I'm more than fine with them yeeting these players directly into the void. 

Taking the nuclear route on this insignifigant poorly designed event and banning every partner and player who did it would be a big mistake. brozime and pretty much all the partners would be gone and then their is no more publicity and lose probably more then half their playerbase. If they wanted people to actually kill and be active they should of made an incentive to do so and reduced the cost of the cosmetics to a more reasonable amount. Best they can do it patch it out but considering most people will have already gotten the rewards afk style It would only make life hell for the people who have not...

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander

55 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Taking the nuclear route on this insignifigant poorly designed event and banning every partner and player who did it would be a big mistake. brozime and pretty much all the partners would be gone and then their is no more publicity and lose probably more then half their playerbase. If they wanted people to actually kill and be active they should of made an incentive to do so and reduced the cost of the cosmetics to a more reasonable amount. Best they can do it patch it out but considering most people will have already gotten the rewards afk style It would only make life hell for the people who have not...

While there is nothing more that would amuse me like watching one of the partners get banned for being toxic by abusing the event and then throwing a hissy fit... cause you totally know it would happen. I kinda already ruled out a strait up nuclear option with the whole 

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

That said unfortunately there is really no good way at present of weeding these people out and or punishing them for their inactivity without throwing the baby out with the bath water.. 

Edited by Oreades

22 minutes ago, Oreades said:

While there is nothing more that would amuse me like watching one of the partners get banned for being toxic by abusing the event and then throwing a hissy fit... cause you totally know it would happen. I kinda already ruled out a strait up nuclear option with the whole 

I mean I would personally love to do it normally but after the first 30 runs it got super old and I gained nothing more then before so I eventually broke down and AFKed to get the rest of the rewards. Now if they incentivised it and gave you extra points for the killing I would still be soaking for sure but one can only take so much! Also during those runs I tried I would be the only one anyway so why bother?

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

I mean I would personally love to do it normally but after the first 30 run it got super old and I gained nothing more then before so I eventually broke down and AFKed to get the rest of the rewards. Now if they incentivised it and gave you extra points for the killing I would still be soaking for sure but one can only take so much! Also during those runs I tried I would be the only one anyway usually so why bother?

Yeah same. It was fun at first, but after a few hours of doing it I got so sick of doing it and just afk'd the whole thing. It was so mind numbingly tedious that the best way to play the game was to not play it.