Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions/Hopes for Kuva Lich system!

Aceofgods

Do we know if Kuva Liches will give Kuva? Because I hope so. I had a few ideas about how the Kuva Lich system that I wanted to share. When you defeat a Kuva Lich, imagine if you had a few options on how to deal with them, from making them stronger, rerolling their rewards or siphoning the Kuva out of them to put an end to them once and for all!

1. Spare
  2. Augment
  3. Disgrace
  4. Siphon

Spare

You defeat the Kuva Lich, and instead of finishing them off, you let them go. Tell them to do better next time, or to make it worth your while to kill them. Make them earn their death.

This could allow the Kuva Lich to grow stronger, rising higher in the hierarchy of the Grineer, possibly amassing a larger fleet or stronger weapons. Stronger Liches, better rewards.

Augment

Kuva Liches are Grineer that we killed before, and must kill again. They become augmented by their means of death at our hands in their previous life. Now, imagine augmenting them further. Sever a limb and send them back to the Queens crying. Next time you see them, they have a replacement that empowers them.

An arm cannon, a bladed weapon or blunted weapon, or perhaps even an electrical coil. Spring-loaded legs, or animal-like appendages, all made of metal and resilient to damage. A Kuva Lich can only suffer so many augmentations, but they will become stronger and foster a greater hatred for their tormentor. Again, stronger Liches mean better rewards!

Disgrace

This one is special. This option can only be chosen once for each Lich, but it will cause the Lich to become far stronger. Carving the symbol of the Lotus Or something else relating to the Tenno into the forehead of the Lich with their assassin's blade, the Lich will know no rest, no peace until the Tenno who shamed them dies by their hand. Again and again, if needs be.

This could have LOADS of implications, depending on the depth of the system. A disgraced Lich may even become an outcast, an exile. They could turn to the Corpus for stronger weapons, incorporating machines into their armies or very bodies. They could turn to the infestation for greater strength. They could undergo experiments that would destroy a lesser Grineer. They could enlist the aid of the Stalker or his Acolytes.

Whatever they do, this Lich will give the utmost challenge, and the utmost rewards. Once Disgraced, a Lich will not accept any option other than Siphon. They fight to the death - yours, or theirs. They no longer care which.

Siphon

Put an end to the Kuva Lich in the most gruesome and rewarding way imaginable - Siphon all of the Kuva out of their augmented body. The stronger the Lich, the more times they have been defeated, the more they will be pumped full of the stuff. The more kuva they carry, the more dangerous they become, but always more and more rewarding.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like this speculation takes a lot from Shadow of War.

...Eh, I like the Shadow of Mordor series, so that is fine.

Personally, I hope we get to see some Kiva Locke’s trying to avenge their fallen kin/coworkers/broodmates/shards (really hoping infested and Sentients get in on the Kingpin system).