Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

a question about farming warframe combo.

Dragonis1902

Question

so a question about this.

so the first question, does the drop chance increase from hydroid 4th ability augment stack with nekros's desecrate? 

and if so heres my second question, what do yall think about this team comp for farming materials.

1. EV Trinity Prime
2. Hydroid Prime 4th ability with drop change increase (unsure what the build name is) 
3. Speed Nova Prime
4. Desecrate Nekros Prime

what are yalls thoughts on this type of team comp?

25 answers to this question

This has been a thing for a while but I heard they patched the nekros\hydroid combo. Since this is a "I heard" thing though maybe someone who knows more could shed more light on this. Either way having nekros and hydroid farming in the same mission should still yield greater results.

They have tried to patch out them working together. Idk if they were successful. And pilfer khora often works better than hydroid because of the randomness of what hydroids 4 grabs

also bring slash weapons. If you cut a body in half nekros can desecrate both halves. 

Edited by Gibsonx

Khora tends to work better,

because it kills more effectively, 

They do not stack as they used to, since each has a % chance to drop extra loot if the strangledome gives you a drop, desecrate will not, 

But if strangledome does not then you can get one from desecrate. 

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Khora tends to work better,

because it kills more effectively, 

They do not stack as they used to, since each has a % chance to drop extra loot if the strangledome gives you a drop, desecrate will not, 

But if strangledome does not then you can get one from desecrate. 

so, would it be better to have 2 khoras with a speed nova and trinity ?

2 minutes ago, DanciestTooth26 said:

so, would it be better to have 2 khoras with a speed nova and trinity ?

Wouldn't advise it, desecrate works on corpses, strangledome works on living things. 

Two strangledome (in same area) will have no significant advantage. 

8 hours ago, DanciestTooth26 said:

so the first question, does the drop chance increase from hydroid 4th ability augment stack with nekros's desecrate? 

Recent change. Any ability that relies on target dying does not trigger twice.

There is however a catch, due to the fact how Nekros Desecrate interacts with pieces of corpses. If you have reliable slash weapon it can produce more drops than Hydroid would.

Although having both is not required. 

The farm frames relying on enemy death are Khora, Hydroid (control) and Nekros (body parts).

The only frame that can multiply drops from alive enemies is Ivara. You need high range and duration in order to grab loot from far away and 100% str to for 100% chance for drop.

My prefered Combo is Hydroid (100%), Ivara, Wisp/Oberon (survivability for Ivara), anything

with triple drops there is no need for Trinity.

A bit depends on what you prefered method of farming is. For blind corner/room you do not need Speed Nova as the enemies spawn directly beside you. For the big rooms with lots of exits Speed nova should be fine.

Edited by Zakkhar

Trinity is not required. Just use Zenurik energizing dash instead and Hydroid will stay energy positive easily.

Hydroid
speed Nova
x2 Nekros

If you don't feel that you need the speed Nova then just go x3 Nekros.

=========

I understand that Nekros and Hydroid no longer stacks but Hydroid covers things in front, then as the mission goes on there will be things that the tentacles can't kill easily (things like nullifiers or ancient disruptors). The Nekros is present for when that happens. You find a defense spot and then just pile damage in to kill anything that enters. Sometimes Hydroid gets them, sometimes Hydroid won't. Regardless, you're covered.

Hydroid 100% / 8 targets small area...

Khora is 65% / huge aoe 

Nekros is 54% / huge Aoe vs all body parts

Hydroid is garbage when you are fighting tons of enemies,  Nekros is way better.   Take hexanon farming for example vs infested.  

However Nekros's desocrate is alot more finicky.   Desocrate can be SHUT OFF from lots of enemies so your Nekro user has to be really on top of his game,  where as hydroid can fire and forget... I think Khora would be the same way.    So for toroid hunting where you fight sooooo many nullifiers deep into waves Nekros kind of sucks.

I hate khora's dome cuz it lifts stuff off the ground and out of melee range,  so I would probably just roll with 2 nekro for most farming.  Nekro dont need energy at all so you can skip trinity.  

I have a nidus now and I took him into a farm and he was super fun for me.  I have like 31 meters on Larva(tendril pull) and I have used it to suck people enemies into hydroid tentacles or just to gather all enemies up near the group.  I guess trinity could also be in your sqaud for healing,  but so could other frames.  

11 hours ago, DanciestTooth26 said:

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Nope....

Wrong Lutesque, they do kind of stack.

BUT seeing that Hydroid's Pilfering swarm only works on those killed while by held by tenticles it makes for a small area and there for limited amount of enemies that can produce 100% extra loot. Nekros only bringing 54% to the table at best means in other words that of those enemies killed in or by the tentacles will only drop an additonal ±50% loot.

In short, if you are fighting in close quarters you'll get anywhere from 100 to 154% (depending of way of death perhaps even up to 208%) extra loot. Now if every one is buzy shooting and slashing those numbers will come down quickly because the tentacles won't have a chance to double the drops nor will Nekros be able to do anything with exploded enemies and such.

My experience is that if it's just general loot you want then your better of just taking your time doing the missions, cracking chest and opening lockers. Less aggro, less dependant on others and in the long run less time spend searching for that one resource you're low on. Having said that, I can see a use for a Hydroid, Khora, Nekros combo on a defence mission if all parties involved are still

But in general to me it's not unlike using the Secura Lecta for extra credits. Sounds nice in theory but in the end it's more bother then it's actual worth. Would you rather use this weapon, and only this weapon, to rack up extra credits or..... just do a couple of Index runs? The latter will take you 5 to 10 minutes for one and bring you 250K a time, the former... 'meh' unless you aren't able to handle high index runs yet.

8 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Hydroid 100% / 8 targets small area...

Area can be modified with range mods and charging up the ability (muliplies range up to 3 times). They also have grab range similar to Khora Dome.

Number of tentacles on default is 10, charged up 20. You can spawn up to 3 more with your passive. And there is no enemy limit grabbed by each tentacle.

Not to mention they deal True damage per second (omits armor and shields).

Where did you get 8 from?

Edited by Zakkhar

8 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I have a nidus now and I took him into a farm and he was super fun for me.  I have like 31 meters on Larva(tendril pull) and I have used it to suck people enemies into hydroid tentacles or just to gather all enemies up near the group.  I guess trinity could also be in your sqaud for healing,  but so could other frames.  

I like the idea.

To say a different idea that was mentioned above, Id say trade the Nova for a range/efficiency Nidus. He can help carry the damage higher than the hydroid with the link, as well as does a lot better job at getting enemies close to you (thanks to nova's 4 moving so dang slowly). Could trade out the trinity for another nekros too, but having the constant energy even through energy leeches could be nice to have. Then just have Nekros stand in one corner with desecrate active, Nidus and Hydroid stand in another spamming there respective abilites, and EV trinity in between spamming EV and helping with the DPS. Would be one of the best I say.

And as was stated above, they sort of 'catch' each other now instead of stack, if one doesn't trigger the other might, and vise versa. So there's no need to bring a Khora AND a Hydroid, but bringing one or the other and a nekros still 'works'. 

21 hours ago, Gibsonx said:

They have tried to patch out them working together. Idk if they were successful. And pilfer khora often works better than hydroid because of the randomness of what hydroids 4 grabs

also bring slash weapons. If you cut a body in half nekros can desecrate both halves. 

The body part thing with Nekro desecrate was fixed already. You can't get extra loot from extra body parts anymore. 1 enemy = 1 extra loot. Nekro + Khora doesn't work either. A single enemy can only be affected by a single loot ability.

11 hours ago, FatKavat said:

The body part thing with Nekro desecrate was fixed already. You can't get extra loot from extra body parts anymore. 1 enemy = 1 extra loot. Nekro + Khora doesn't work either. A single enemy can only be affected by a single loot ability.

I think that is only talking about Chesa Kubrow mixing with Nekros....not sure....  Because shortly after Chesa changed into mini nekro  people would double dip dead bodies. 

15 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Area can be modified with range mods and charging up the ability (muliplies range up to 3 times). They also have grab range similar to Khora Dome.

Number of tentacles on default is 10, charged up 20. You can spawn up to 3 more with your passive. And there is no enemy limit grabbed by each tentacle.

I havent had a Hydroid yet.... but I have NEVER seen a hydroid with a huge AoE especially not one like Khora can have.  All the tentacles I have seen barely take up a hallway.... Also the tentacle count....never seen anyone with 20.  10 may be possible but I have seen lots of hydroid users and their tentacles only suck up a handful of enemies before other enemies bypass them.   You could be right, but I have never seen it...

17 hours ago, Lutesque said:

They don't stack or combo in any way shape or form.... Once a corpse has been rolled once thats it... end of story...

Wrong, again.

Get into a fight with 1 enemy and see what he drops.

Do the same thing with Hydroid and let his tentacles do it's thing. Result : double the amount of drop

Now have a Nekros desecrate the corps and you'll see that about half the time (54%) you'll get an extra 50% drop.

At the present moment it works on console. Can I state for a fact that it does on PC, no because I don't play on PC. But at least on PS4 at the moment it still works when all conditions are satisfied.

14 hours ago, FatKavat said:

Two body parts are considered two bodies. No patch note mentions changing that. Also I have 1st hand experience getting 3 mods dropped from Kuva Specter without Ivara (after that patch).

Edited by Zakkhar

2 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I havent had a Hydroid yet.... but I have NEVER seen a hydroid with a huge AoE especially not one like Khora can have.  All the tentacles I have seen barely take up a hallway.... Also the tentacle count....never seen anyone with 20.  10 may be possible but I have seen lots of hydroid users and their tentacles only suck up a handful of enemies before other enemies bypass them.   You could be right, but I have never seen it...

Reason for that is that most Hydroid are not specced for big room farming but instead for blind corner farming/afk farming. Where enemies spawn near you and come to you through a narrow corridor. Also if you cast your 4 from your 3 (Undertow) it will be more concentrated and narrower. I do not think it is a popular frame, but it is way more fun than Nekros. Less versatile with pug groups though. That is why Nekros is more universal. 

Or maybe there were too low level. Most likely they did not wait 2,5 seconds charge time and have no idea there is an option to charge this ability (same as his 1). Also you can have multiple instances of 1 (up to 3).

Just read in Wiki: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Hydroid#Abilities

Hydroid summons a creature from the deep, causing 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 tentacles to emerge from all surfaces within a marked location 3 / 3 / 5 / 5 meters in radius, cast over unrestricted range. Tentacles prioritize spawning beneath enemies inside the radius, with each tentacle capturing their initial targets or throwing them upward, dealing a maximum of 75 / 150 / 225 / 300 Magnetic b Magnetic damage upon emerging, on first contact with enemies, and when submerging as the ability expires after 10 / 13 / 18 / 20 seconds. Captured enemies are incapacitated in a ragdoll state and stay attached to the flailing tentacles; bypassing Shields 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 TrueDmg b True Damage will be dealt per second.

Tapping the button (default 4 ) casts the ability immediately. Holding the button for up to 2.5 seconds charges Tentacle Swarm, increasing the number of tentacles spawned up to 8 / 12 / 16 / 20 and spawn radius up to 300%, in exchange for up to double energy cost.

• Tentacle Swarm's spawn area will be highlighted by Hydroid's energy color during the casting and charging animations.
  • Spawn area indicator visibly grows in size as Tentacle Swarm is charged.
  • While charging, an audible whale-like call from the Kraken plays.

According to wiki max range obtainable is 42 meters of AoE. According to the same wiki Khora Dome max radius is 14 meters and grab range 28 meters. That gives an AoE of 28 meters and grab range of 28 meters. Afaik the range of Hydroid tentacles is fixed at about 10 meters regardless of range stat.

Edited by Zakkhar

15 hours ago, WellIHopeThisOneWorks said:

To say a different idea that was mentioned above, Id say trade the Nova for a range/efficiency Nidus. He can help carry the damage higher than the hydroid with the link, as well as does a lot better job at getting enemies close to you (thanks to nova's 4 moving so dang slowly)

Nova slowly? Are you serious? Why in hell would anyone even consider slow Nova for Survival farming?

The whole point on Nova is speeding up the enemies, while making them take double damage and explode. With Overextended and Power Donation you can reach 10% ability str on Nova effectively making enemies 60% faster.

Edited by Zakkhar

2 hours ago, (PS4)kite9000 said:

Wrong, again.

Get into a fight with 1 enemy and see what he drops.

Do the same thing with Hydroid and let his tentacles do it's thing. Result : double the amount of drop

Now have a Nekros desecrate the corps and you'll see that about half the time (54%) you'll get an extra 50% drop.

At the present moment it works on console. Can I state for a fact that it does on PC, no because I don't play on PC. But at least on PS4 at the moment it still works when all conditions are satisfied.

Then consider yourselves lucky.... And yes... I did exactly that.... thats how I know it doesn't work....

34 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Then consider yourselves lucky.... And yes... I did exactly that.... thats how I know it doesn't work....

It works if the enemy got sliced in half while on the tentacle with both Hydroid and Nekros present.

Can confirm. Unfortunately did not make a screenshot.

On 2019-08-06 at 3:33 PM, Zakkhar said:

It works if the enemy got sliced in half while on the tentacle with both Hydroid and Nekros present.

Can confirm. Unfortunately did not make a screenshot.

Wrong.

Update 25.0

• Fixed Chesa Retrieve double dipping with Nekros’ Desecrate.
  • Fixed Chesa/Desecrate double dipping with Hydroid/Khora.
    • Added info: When we added the Nightwave challenge for the Silver Grove, we encouraged a return to content that normally would have been fine. A small handful of players found an exploit and as we looked into things, we thought we fixed the issue with the new Chesa behavior that could lead to problems. We didn't. We decided to cut a bit deeper. Ivara's looting ability is now the only one that stacks with other looting because it works while alive. If a target is dead, a successful loot now happens once, no matter the source. However, multiple can attempt to loot the same body. Yes... this is different from how it previously behaved, but this is the new intended behavior.

Update 22.20

• Fixed Nekros being able to Desecrate already desecrated bodies or invincible bodies.

Hotfix: The Vacuum Within 3

• Fixed Nekros not being able to Desecrate dead enemies that are playing a death animation.
  • Fixed Nekros desecrating one piece of a corpse causing the Desecrate timer to be reset for other pieces of the same corpse.

Please read the changes.

On 2019-08-04 at 7:17 PM, DanciestTooth26 said:

and if so heres my second question, what do yall think about this team comp for farming materials.

1. EV Trinity Prime
2. Hydroid Prime 4th ability with drop change increase (unsure what the build name is) 
3. Speed Nova Prime
4. Desecrate Nekros Prime

what are yalls thoughts on this type of team comp?

I would run EV trinity (for always having easy energy and heals), Speed Nova (for damage and speeding things up), Desecrate Nekros or pilfering strangledome khora (drops and health orbs), Ivara empowered quiver (making the team invisible and safe from status procs)

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK