Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tusk Thumper Doma

Oreades

Overly specific challenge that amounts to "scan a Kuria on a rare exit tile" in that you're probably going to slam your head against the wall looking for it until one of them gives. 

It's either going to painfully easy because it spawns on the first try for someone or you're going to have someone like myself who has still never seen a Doma Thumper. 

If there was a mechanism in game for forcing a Doma spawn that would be another thing but there isn't as so far as I am aware. It's just 7k NW credits tied directly to RNG.

Edit: Ok apparently the secret to this is to go to the Plains, Start the hightest tier bounty via tent because you can't select the plains level range from orbit, the unintuitively ignore the bounty that you just started and go mulling around looking for the Doma. 

Which explains why I've never seen one because when I'm doing a bounty I'm doing the bounty not freeroaming looking for an enemy that spawned somehwere where my bounty objectives weren't.

Edited by Oreades

If you are having trouble, you can force the Doma or Bull to spawn through selecting the Tier 5 bounty in Cetus. Once you walk through the gate, take Itzal and fly around. The Thumper will spawn in a matter of seconds to a minute around Plains of Eidolon. If you get the Bull, you can simply go back to Cetus and try again. I hope this helps. I did the Doma Thumper in 2 minutes right after Nightwave reset through this method. It's not so bad 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

If you are having trouble, you can force the Doma or Bull to spawn through selecting the Tier 5 bounty in Cetus. Once you walk through the gate, take Itzal and fly around. The Thumper will spawn in a matter of seconds to a minute around Plains of Eidolon. If you get the Bull, you can simply go back to Cetus and try again. I hope this helps. I did the Doma Thumper in 2 minutes right after Nightwave reset through this method. It's not so bad 🙂 

A correction, Domas spawn at Level 44 or higher. It's best to roam around the area near Mount Nang or the Seethe to spawn them. Anywhere near Cetus even with Bounty Stage 5 (Level 40-60), a Bull will spawn due to the lower level range.

8 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

A correction, Domas spawn at Level 44 or higher. It's best to roam around the area near Mount Nang or the Seethe to spawn them. Anywhere near Cetus even with Bounty Stage 5 (Level 40-60), a Bull will spawn due to the lower level range.

I got a Doma right around the camp in front of the gate. I understand that the level must be higher than 44 to get a Doma.

Ok I'll check around via starting various tiered bounties and see if that does the thing but if that is the issue they should really let you choose the level of Plains that you start on from the Orbiter instead of needing to go to Cetus, tho the tents might maybe do that who knows. 

Selection from the Orbiter would just be nice and crisp. 

1 hour ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

unknown.png

Yup that's why when I came back to check this thread I was playing Fortnite..... and I don't even really like Fortnite, But hey when you aren't up against total sweatlords it's almost borderline enjoyable. 

Prolly doesn't help Warframe that the challenge is also locked behind the day/night cycle that had just switched over to night. 

6 hours ago, Oreades said:

tho the tents might maybe do that who knows.

I entered PoE and selected a bounty from the tents, and a Doma spawned after a long while.

At first, only a lot dropships were spawning, and I mean a lot of them.

Then I entered the bounty zone and let it fail. After that, I flew around for 2~3 minutes, and right when I was about to leave, bc only dropships were spawning, a Thumper Doma appeared. RNG got me real good on this one.

7 hours ago, moodster said:

What's worse is that DE STILl has not fixed thumpers despawning/ disappearing at random... this happens to me EVERY SINGLE TIME I encounter one.

Happens when it takes you too long to kill them.  Try to de-buff/slow them down with Nova ult and shoot from archwing - makes it really easy.

Completing bounty stages should increase the global levels of the Plains for the R5 bounty, though I might be wrong. But if I'm right, completing an R5 bounty and the increased levels should force the guaranteed Thumper spawn to always be a Doma. But, even if that doesn't work, the farther out in the Plains the higher the enemy level. So fly around the top half of the map.

16 hours ago, Monolake said:

Happens when it takes you too long to kill them.  Try to de-buff/slow them down with Nova ult and shoot from archwing - makes it really easy.

It's still a problematic bug tho, and no it doesn't happen when you take too long to kill them. It happens at complete random. I'v seen them vanish within a minute of me encountering one. Its just more likely to happen the longer you take to kill it because the bug has more opportunities to occur. "get gud" is not a solution to something that's actually broken. It needs to be fixed. The game needs to flag them as essential so they can't despawn the same way normal enemies can, and setup a mechanic where it will only despawn if all players are a few hundred meters away from it, at least 200m due to their ridiculous mobility.

2 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

The game needs to flag them as essential so they can't despawn the same way normal enemies can, and setup a mechanic where it will only despawn if all players are a few hundred meters away from it, at least 200m due to their ridiculous mobility.

And something like, less likely if actively being shot at or has legs already destroyed.

Just had a 1/4 hp doma despawn while I was shooting at it - though I suspect it was because I was in archwing to avoid wasting ammo on it's jittery movement, there was no warning and happened not long after I had been next to it on the ground refilling ammo.

Would be nice if they went invulnerable if it thought it was being fought unfairly instead of wasting 15m of chipping away and restocking ammo by vanishing.

On 2019-08-18 at 5:39 PM, (XB1)RoseRainZ said:

Lol I couldn't even get 1 Tusk Thumper of any type to spawn on 8 different tries in a row of Lvl 5 bounty after I got 2 Bull Thumpers in a row before. Some RNG for me I guess. Waited for around 5 mins in each and absolutely nothing

The spawns are triggered by proximity. You have to 1. actively be flying/moving around the map until you hit one of its spawn points and 2. not be flying too high to do so. Just waiting around for it to come to you, or moving around in the wrong area means it won't spawn. I find generally they spawn near Grineer camps so get in your archwing and fly low, crisscrossing over Grineer territory.

Doing this with a T5 bounty I've hunted 15+ in one outing (with a team) getting regular spawns every 2-3 minutes.