Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CHanelling Mod

NuclearCoffeePot

9 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

The channeling mods will be going away after Melee 3.0 comes out so there's really no sense in touching them imo.

Not quite. They mentioned a sort of "enraged" mode you'll be able to go into during melee 3.0 and i'm pretty sure they said that channeling mods will be repurposed for that if i remember correctly.

3 hours ago, Sacronian said:

Not quite. They mentioned a sort of "enraged" mode you'll be able to go into during melee 3.0 and i'm pretty sure they said that channeling mods will be repurposed for that if i remember correctly.

I saw the rage mod, gives you strength while drops efficiency... kind of benefits with a downside.  There's any mod that forces enemies to drop energy?

41 minutes ago, Sacronian said:

you could try a few augments like Reaping Chakram, Spectrosiphon, or Energy Generator which will all give you a MUCH higher chance of getting energy orbs from enemies.

Very sure Blind rage is kind of off-topic to the thread. But in all honesty, this enrage mode that will replace channeling, will need to be something VERY impactful to the level of status & critical chance type effects to justify them, especially if they want to retain the energy cost for it. Which can already be middle fingered with Zenurik giving a CHUNKY channeling efficiency reduction, giving it a 4th reason why its the meta focus tree outside of the most niche of niche situations (which mostly sums up to eidolons).

• Energy Dash, Energy regen on orb pick up, Slow AoE on void blast (which is everyone`s best friend against thumpers without bringing a frame like nova to counter them) & if you actually use the outdated as crap channeling system, the energy cost reduction which is 60% reduction meaning each hit goes from costing 5 energy to 2, without needing to slot a single mod in.

Bloodrush & Condition overload might be part of the reason why the scaling is rather strong on those 2 respective types, but channeling is basically the pre-rework wukong of melee. Its a nice way to add more damage on, but its value is so abyssmal garbage since its just for the most part, a toggle on lesser pressure point mod, its like slapping Vigor on top of Vitality into a build and expecting it to make a useful difference in your durability. Should NOT be that hard for them to make this enrage mode to have a very similar mod to basically give a third option to chase over the previous other two.

Too bad most builds are already LANDLOCKED on mod loadout setups, so even if they re-make the channeling mods, they would need to be the Adaptation mod for melee, something with such ridiculous potential, it outweighs anything else in a category similar to it.

Edited by Avienas