Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now Here Me Out-Hydroid

NuclearCoffeePot

Hydroid is by no means a bad frame, he is actually very good with the right modding

The point of this rework is not to insinuate that Hydroid is bad- It is simply to tweak him and make him better. So please do leave feedback as long as its not," Wow you dumb f%*k this is the stupidest Sh*t I've ever seen please kill yourself"- I dont expect that- Please don't subvert my expectations-

Right off the bat i want to address his passive- Its wierd, and unlike most passives that aren't resource based or purposefuly catching yourself on fire(ember, ya  wierdo) it's not really passive and its not really useful. First off it's not really a passive, it requires an active action on your part. Secondly- Its stupid- I have never purposefully created these tentacles and never have I thought of them as useful. An idea i do like in its stead is to remove pilfering swarm and move it to some extent onto his passive. With this enemies killed by your abilities have a % chance(likely 50) to drop extra loot. I think this will improve his play-

Now im going to switch up the order and talk about his 4 cause I really, really wanna talk about it. So his 4 is great, it really is, but it has some key flaws, firstly when it grabs enemies it flails them around and makes it tougher to hit them, and at higher levels they don't have the dmg to finish targets off, secondly-magnetic damage is a bollocks damage type for them, finally- it has bugs, the wild flailing to catch more enemies causes their bodies to stretch and flip out. So here is my proposition- Firstly i want the damage changed- a different type- Viral would work, corrosive, just impact even- Secondly i want a bit of a mechanic change- instead of spawning individual tentacles under enemies that try to grab multiple enemies a tentacle is now a group of tentacles- Each tentacle will grab a single enemy when one comes near. THe first grab will deal a guaranteed status proc, and then hold the enemy still in the air, crushing it in its grasp dealing periodic dmg- THis will solve a few things- THey won't be flailing about and buggin enemies cause they won't need to move since its only 1 enemy per tetacle- THis technically increases tentacle count(some balancing will be needed) and because of this plus the guaranteed proc with a different status effect the dmg potential could increase

Alright friendo's back to the proper ability order

1-TEmpest barage is actually pretty good, the charge time is a bit slow but thats what natural talent is for. I would like however if the pace at which volley's fell was increased

2-Tidal surge kind of works, as a mobility no, as repositioning undertow, kinda. Here is ow i would change it

-Tidal Torpedo- Casting transforms hydroid into a watery missile that launches upwards with tremendous force- When he reaches a set height or upon hitting a cieling the torpedo stops and you may cast the ability again within a time span towards a location- YOu will then zooooooooooooooooooooom there. Casting from undertow will temporarily deactivate undertow-drain stops, enemies remain inside- and it will resume upon reaching ground

3-Undertow is slow, no doubt, but that problem is fixed with torpedo(also i know why the ability is slow, i mean cmon hydroid released in 2014 but our current movement system didn't come till 2015) I wouldn't make much change scaling wise though i really like the idea of having the underwater space of undertow exist in a seperate game box and enemies become portaled into it- from the outside one can see into the three dimensional water and see something that looks a lot deeper(maybe at the bottom you can see the kraken)

As it states firing into water will also teleport shots allowing enemies to be fired on- one thin i would like to change is the augment(gasp, SHOCK, HORROR) I would like if undertow's augment allowed it to remain active for a period of time even after you exit it(I call it TidePool)

As for the other augments corrosive barrage is good- Tidal impurity seems wierd since hydroid isn't really a support in that sense, mabye having it so traveling through enemies in Tidal Torpedo from undertow will swallow them up into the water. 

Thats all for now- bye bye 🐙

PS-I would love with along with a rework if Hydroid got his own quest or unique boss- Having the ocean frame farmed from the turkey vay hek is wierd. Mabye investigating mysterious distress signals from a grineer island outpost

Edited by NuclearCoffeePot