Sign in to follow this  
Syq111

Do we reallly need another Open World??

Reading description of dev stream it seems so that we have incoming another Open World earlier or later.Do we really need it??

Like Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis are not enough for now.

Why do not focus on polishing it out adding more interesting content?? Instead u do as u done with Archwing years back(add new content and count on that it will somehow work out)

Warframe slowly becomes Quantity over Quality. U guys seriously need some Quality Control departament

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

First of all, the next open world isn't coming out for a while, and is offering new gameplay mechanics like adult operator. 

To say that it's going to be a repeat of the other two open worlds then you are sorely mistaken.

Edited by (XB1)Shodian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

How do you interact with an Infested ? Can you figure infested traders and NPCs'. I cant yet. This "new" open world is only in the making. Do you really wanna get more of the same boring syndicates. Honestly I see nothing good or new coming this way and would gladly hear > postphoned indefintely. 

Rail Jack is something entirely different, new quality content and new squad mechanics. Lets focus on this and we might even get back some epicness from the past.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

new gameplay mechanics like adult operator

Not sure that character age affects gameplay in any way.  Like.....it does not.

Also...from trailer it seems like Operators will simply help that "old tenno" while he is stuck in that new open world.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

To say that it's going to be a repeat of the other two open worlds then you are sorely mistaken

No im pretty sure it will turn out quite close to what we already have. Because we will totally get our warframes into that world somehow. And then there will be Grind and Carnage.

Like.....run around, shoot some enemies , do some bounties (or whatever they will be called in that world) and there will be that one cool big boss...maybe with few variants. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Not sure that character age affects gameplay in any way

It affects fashionframe and that's all that matters

37 minutes ago, Syq111 said:

Do we really need it?

yes, we are already ignoring two, so we need another to ignore.

just imagine the ressources wasted on these things...

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

No we don't, but open worlds are the only content we don't breeze through in less than 24hours.. it can take up to weeks and months, even for high Mr players, before we reach the end..

Edited by (XB1)GaussPrime
  • Upvote 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Rawbeard:

yes, we are already ignoring two, so we need another to ignore.

just imagine the ressources wasted on these things...

Really? You're ignoring it? I played the most out of them, even maxed the Ventkids in fortuna. Maybe it's because I like the concept of syndicates.. got the open world ones all maxed (though I just bought a pax arcane, need to fix that in 4 days :P)

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Depends, if it's really an open world with progression, quests and dungeons yes, if it's like those open timewalled instances then no, we don't need more of those.

Edited by DeathDweller

Posted (edited)
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Syq111:

Reading description of dev stream it seems so that we have incoming another Open World earlier or later.Do we really need it??

Like Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis are not enough for now.

Why do not focus on polishing it out adding more interesting content?? Instead u do as u done with Archwing years back(add new content and count on that it will somehow work out)

Warframe slowly becomes Quantity over Quality. U guys seriously need some Quality Control departament

the new open world have new mechanics and new storyline parts... so yes we need it i think. 

and beside that. empyrean aka railjack and the "new war" isn't interresting content enough? beside that we get a lot of small side storys and events.

i have no idea why you speak about quantity over quality. may there are some bugs yeah. look at some AAA Title, which cost a lot and still are bugged as hell. this game is for free and has a universe of gaming. you should think a little more before talking about such things...

so what do you want exactly to happend or to be implemented? really, what else you wanna have in a free game where you don't have to spend real money?

Edited by (PS4)NewcastleDisease
add some...
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

the new open world have new mechanics and new storyline parts... so yes we need it i think. 

and beside that. empyrean aka railjack and the "new war" isn't interresting content enough? beside that we get a lot of small side storys and events.

so i have no idea why you speak about quantity over quality. may there are some bugs yeah. look at some AAA Title, which cost a lot and still are bugged as hell. this game is for free and has a universe of gaming. you should think a little more before talking about such things...

By Quantity over Quality i have in mind that most of content u will forget(unless nightwave will remember it for u) and most of them got feels like leaved half way done.Actually Warframe coming to level of so called "AAA" games aka tons of forgettable and bothersome content. I prefer Warframe straightforward without bullS#&$ing

Edited by Syq111

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Syq111:

By Quantity over Quality i have in mind that most of content u will forget(unless nightwave will remember it for u) and most of them got feels like leaved half way done.Actually Warframe coming to level of so called "AAA" games aka tons of forgettable and bothersome content. I prefer Warframe straightforward without bullS#&$ing

yeah, warframe already hit the AAA games. but still it's free.

so may they have implemented a lot of stuff which is not used that much - which is why they don't do more about it. why invest time in things which are not played.

so again: what do you want them to implement? 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

yeah, warframe already hit the AAA games. but still it's free.

so may they have implemented a lot of stuff which is not used that much - which is why they don't do more about it. why invest time in things which are not played.

so again: what do you want them to implement? 

Maybe rework of current solar system missions to be more variable,i do like that mission wich switch over objectives,more eidolons to hunt(i really do like that),better horde mode (not this silly Sanctuary Osnlaught , i prefer arbitration over that ),a better archwing mission or mix of these two modes(we all know that archwing despite its potential is most squandered feature of this game),better enemies(not mindless meat or metalsacks that happy go lucky charge in to their doom),more reasonable challenges of nightwave(playing emote isnt a challenge).

Instead of that we have K-drives (if they now are in nightwave challenge its seems to be very neglected feature), preservations that are easily ruined by sudden pop up of enemy out of nowhere,mining,fishing(those two are very very fascinating u know,i always wanted to be bored to death).Anyways  more space ninja less Minecraft frame.

Anyways year by year Warframe lose its indentity

Edited by Syq111
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Syq111:

Maybe rework of current solar system missions to be more variable,i do like that mission wich switch over objectives,more eidolons to hunt(i really do like that),better horde mode (not this silly Sanctuary Osnlaught , i prefer arbitration over that ),a better archwing mission or mix of these two modes(we all know that archwing despite its potential is most squandered feature of this game),better enemies(not mindless meat or metalsacks that happy go lucky charge in to their doom),more reasonable challenges of nightwave(playing emote isnt a challenge).

Instead of that we have K-drives (if they now are in nightwave challenge its seems to be very neglected feature), preservations that are easily ruined by sudden pop up of enemy out of nowhere,mining,fishing(those two are very very fascinating u know,i always wanted to be bored to death).Anyways  more space ninja less Minecraft frame.

Anyways year by year Warframe lose its indentity

rework the solar system? why? 0o it works as it is, and basically this is how warframe started - missions on planets.

so you speak about the game lose its identity and want to kill the basic system of warframe?

also you speak a lot about what you want, which is mostly stuff the implemented "freshly" (eidolons, nightwave. kdrives) (in relation to the years warframe is on the marked). which also make no sense on your "losing identity" analogy.

so in the end you don't like some of there ideas... so... don't use them? you like some other ideas they have implemented. so use them. 

i really don't get you point....

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

rework the solar system? why? 0o it works as it is, and basically this is how warframe started - missions on planets.

so you speak about the game lose its identity and want to kill the basic system of warframe?

also you speak a lot about what you want, which is mostly stuff the implemented "freshly" (eidolons, nightwave. kdrives) (in relation to the years warframe is on the marked). which also make no sense on your "losing identity" analogy.

so in the end you don't like some of there ideas... so... don't use them? you like some other ideas they have implemented. so use them. 

i really don't get you point....

By rework i mean simply make mission more variable like we #*!%ed up spy mission but instead fail we need to exterminate all enemies to cover our tracks something like that.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Syq111:

By rework i mean simply make mission more variable like we #*!%ed up spy mission but instead fail we need to exterminate all enemies to cover our tracks something like that.

would be crash the speed - runs if you had two different objectives in a single mission. and to go with youre spy mission: would be awful to farm for ivara ...

• Upvote 1

Just now, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

would be crash the speed - runs if you had two different objectives in a single mission. and to go with youre spy mission: would be awful to farm for ivara ...

I say exterminate enemies when u fail to reclaim any of them like none from 3.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Syq111:

I say exterminate enemies when u fail to reclaim any of them like none from 3.

yeah, for example for getting ivara you need the C Tresor.

So you failed - and have spend time to kill enemies instead of just play again. it will cost more time.

beside that it may be a funny way to see it, but to fail a mission should be exactlty that: failing the mission.

4 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Really? You're ignoring it? I played the most out of them, even maxed the Ventkids in fortuna. Maybe it's because I like the concept of syndicates.. got the open world ones all maxed (though I just bought a pax arcane, need to fix that in 4 days :P)

I don't think you understand, or you just haven't been playing for very long. the cycle is simple "new open world comes out, players max standing and MR fodder within a month or two, then only go back there when they are forced by a new patch"
if you are there just for fun, or just needed a year to max ventkids, that is good for you! but seeing as how often I see "how do I get profit taker access" everytime the NW challanges pops up, Imma say there are people who ignore it the way you think I meant it. and that shows how much of a waste it is. there is simply nothing "to do" in those open worlds, other than fartig around. rushing through corridors is kinda sorta tricking the brain to not think to hard about it, but even when rushing through a bounty you still have no real sense of speed, but a huge sense of so much emptiness between bounty stage areas.

• Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

I think the Existing Open Worlds need major improvement before DE should even consider adding another one.

As it is, the Networking for Open World is inherently Flawed.

In what other game, does an 'Open' world only allow 4 players?

and when one of those players leaves squad, a 'host migration' screws over the other 3 who were minding their own business doing totally unrelated activities?

As is currently, if you want to get any sort of fishing or conservation done, its best to go into open worlds Solo; and this totally goes against what Open Worlds are about.

We need to totally eliminate Squads Networking for Open World;

instead have Dynamic Proximity Based Connections. - if you are physically near another player in the world; you will see them and interact, if they move out or range they disappear seamlessly with no disruptions.

There need to be random Public Events(to borrow a Destiny term) (aka Incursions) in the world. which attract players who are otherwise doing other activities together for temporary cooperation

The State of the World needs to be Persistent and not determined by any individual player. -ie a captured Corpus Base could remain captured beyond a squad session;long term changes to the world become possible.

and yes; that will require a dedicated server. I say; how about we take some of the servers currently used for Relays tracking and repurpose them for Open World hosting.

Observe how Warframe's competitor Destiny handles their Open Worlds; as flawed as that game is; its one thing they do better and DE should shoot for a similar goal.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

despite DE being way more open to the community than many other devs out there, we are not really effecting the development of this game at all. they pretty much make everything they like and maybe tweak it somehow to the community's taste.

so it doesn't really matter if we need another open world map or not, because they are doing it regardless.

Edited by _junguler

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

First of all, the next open world isn't coming out for a while, and is offering new gameplay mechanics like adult operator. 

To say that it's going to be a repeat of the other two open worlds then you are sorely mistaken.

Boring, I'd rather have complex missions with rewards I can go back to thank you very much fam, if anything what PoE, and Fortuna has shown me is how boring they are after everything is completed theres nothing to really go back to. Fortuna is definitely that, theres nothing to go back to. PoE on the other hand has eidolons which you can farm plat from and thats replayable everything else though? Not so much, only when new primes release but thats about it.

Edited by _Behemot
  • Like 1

If DE can figure out a way to procedurally generate Free Roam maps then maybe a new open world could be warranted. The Duviri Paradox seems to be made up of floating islands, so that might be possible. Without procedural generation, though, a big map is a big waste of resources designing locations most players won't visit and most of the rest will visit once.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, -TSA-warramssie said:

How do you interact with an Infested ? Can you figure infested traders and NPCs'. I cant yet. This "new" open world is only in the making. Do you really wanna get more of the same boring syndicates. Honestly I see nothing good or new coming this way and would gladly hear > postphoned indefintely. 

Rail Jack is something entirely different, new quality content and new squad mechanics. Lets focus on this and we might even get back some epicness from the past.

i remember in one if the frame quest that there is a tribe that can exist even if sorrounded by infested. infested will be the enemy but can interact with this tribe.