Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tusk Thumper Doma runs away

Inspector

Question

24 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Inspector said:

It will despawn if you leave or get too far away. Which sounds #*!%ing stupid because it is. 

Not really, not everyone wants to fight every dorma they come across. This is one for nightwave but how many will spawn throughout the year? Need some way to get away.

Just now, Cyclouros said:

Not really, not everyone wants to fight every dorma they come across. This is one for nightwave but how many will spawn throughout the year? Need some way to get away.

There's a difference between getting away and despawning. I think OP's preference would be that if you get too far away, it stops following you but it also stays in that area so that you know where it is and can get back to it. So if someone wants to get away, they can, but if someone wants to move away to get ammo and get back to it, that can happen as well.

3 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

There's a difference between getting away and despawning. I think OP's preference would be that if you get too far away, it stops following you but it also stays in that area so that you know where it is and can get back to it. So if someone wants to get away, they can, but if someone wants to move away to get ammo and get back to it, that can happen as well.

That's a bit of a surprise because i have had them chase me across half the map.

36 minutes ago, Aldrr said:

Note that it is affected by slowing effects (like Nova's "Molecular Prime" and the Zenurik "Temporal Blast")

Exploit every advantage you can to buff your damage / slow the bugger 🙂

And most importantly Amesha's Warding Grace. Amesha for Thumpers is the best choice as :

1- Thumper will go full retard mode and stop moving at all

2- Enemies shooting at you are not a problem either thanks to Amesha's 1 and 2 (+4 to replenish energy)

3- Amesha master race

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Quick question- the Doma spawn in missions of level 30+, right? And is there any particular hot spots for spawns or is it completely random?

Thank you! 

40+ iirc, I just used t5 bounty, ignored bounty and then went straight forward and there was one just the other side of the big pond to the left, but spawns can be a bit rng. 

5 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

And most importantly Amesha's Warding Grace. Amesha for Thumpers is the best choice as :

2- Enemies shooting at you are not a problem either thanks to Amesha's 1 and 2 (+4 to replenish energy)

3- Amesha master race

I'm not alone!?

1 hour ago, Inspector said:

So just in case you happen to find a Tusk Thumper Doma do not leave to get more ammo. It will despawn if you leave or get too far away. Which sounds #*!%ing stupid because it is. 

Either build a Kitgun (Tombfinger works well) with a Pax Charge arcane or build some ammo restores.That will deal with your ammo issues.

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

3- Amesha master race

To be completely frank I did not consider Archwings to fight the Thumpy-thumpers before.

I really need to get rid of this bad habit before Empyrean! >.<

Edited by Aldrr

You might have the wrong damage type if you are having ammo issues. Make sure you are using radiation damage to capitalize on your dps. Status chance is pointless in this fight so 60/60 chance mods are not needed. Ammo pad help with being prepaired but this will increase your damage towards it and reducing the ammo needed in the long run. Never needed ammo pads unless I was trying to fight it using a poorly set-up weapon. Which happens from running bounties and not wanting to kill thumpers in the first place. Being this a task to purposefully hunt it, build for the fight.

You can make the fight easier by either CCing it (Nova's slow and I feel like rhino's stomp can stun too) or building to avoid your own CC (Rhino's iron skin prevents knock-back and stumble) to allow you to keep shooting while its thumping.

Bonus fun fact: K-Deck can hover over the stomps. You can always jump on it in a pinch until it stops thumping. (Archwing works better since you can still use your gun)

Edited by Zelmen

2 hours ago, Inspector said:

So just in case you happen to find a Tusk Thumper Doma do not leave to get more ammo. It will despawn if you leave or get too far away. Which sounds #*!%ing stupid because it is. 

AMMO? I some times forget that thing exists ever since i started using Pax Charge on my Kitguns.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

3- Amesha master race

The thumper itself can you shoot you out of your Archwing....

Where that fails any enemy can also shoot you off your archwing.

8 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

The thumper itself can you shoot you out of your Archwing....

Where that fails any enemy can also shoot you off your archwing.

Which is why he mentioned Amesha's first and second ability to block damage.

b37a6c42d14c98f0febf8cacba2bf51f.png

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

1 minute ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Which is why he mentioned Amesha's first and second ability to block damage.

You're not being knocked off By the damage.... you're being knocked off from getting shot at it.... believe me.... I tried.... The enemies are hard coded to remove your archwing if they hit you... whether it deals damage or not... 

You know that ability that makes you invincible ? Yeah... they can knock you out of that too....

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

You're not being knocked off By the damage.... you're being knocked off from getting shot at it.... believe me.... I tried.... The enemies are hard coded to remove your archwing if they hit you... whether it deals damage or not... 

You know that ability that makes you invincible ? Yeah... they can knock you out of that too....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

2b5212a6ffa1c996c9e2c9d18198100d.gif

13 hours ago, Inspector said:

Enter POE with slow nova. Find the thumper, use slow nova, the thumper isn't going anywhere. Problem solved.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.