Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
7.T.

DE Update On New Kavat(s) Please?

Recommended Posts

There was a short mention of a vampiric lifesteal-sharing kavat a while back. As far as I know nothing has been mentioned since? I may have missed something but it would be cool to hear more on that.

(Hope it's ok to post this here, wasn't sure where to post.)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm going to assume that it was put aside for TennoCon. It's probably still in the works.

I was hoping for a Kavat that could be used for mobility (compliments Gauss) or something. There are so many healing methods available without Warframe abilities (Magus Elevate, Magus Repair, Life Strike, Arcane Grace, Arcane Victory, that one Hunter set mod, etc.), so life steal seems odd, especially with that Hunter set mod that works on pets. I'm curious to see how it turns out nonetheless.

Edited by Voltage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 20 Minuten schrieb Voltage:

I'm going to assume that it was put aside for TennoCon. It's probably still in the works.

I was hoping for a Kavat that could be used for mobility (compliments Gauss) or something. There are so many healing methods available without Warframe abilities (Magus Elevate, Magus Repair, Life Strike, Arcane Grace, Arcane Victory, that one Hunter set mod, etc.), so life steal seems odd, especially with that Hunter set mod that works on pets. I'm curious to see how it turns out nonetheless.

Nice glyph..

On topic: yeah I wouldn't mind more kavat types..

But I'd also like for kubrows to get cool exclusive mods like kavats, like the armor shredding one, and pounce and so on..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really just want the stasis mechanic to go away. As of now pet varieties are irrelevant since it's too annoying to switch them around and everyone seems to just run with sentinels or the loot kitty. (Personally I say Ardaza > Smeeta. Fite me)

Not to mention putting pets into stasis and switching them breaks loadouts.

 

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CephalonDizzy said:

(Personally I say Ardaza > Smeeta. Fite me)

As a member of the church of Smeeta, these are fighting words. 

But seriously, I'm a lootwhore. Smeeta wins for me. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

As a member of the church of Smeeta, these are fighting words. 

But seriously, I'm a lootwhore. Smeeta wins for me. 

That's fair. I'd probably run Smeeta more often if loadouts can actually save which pet you are using. 

I mostly just use the crit kitty for eidolon hunts and sentinels for everything else because I like using their weapons as a stat stick for set bonuses.

 

Edited by CephalonDizzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CephalonDizzy said:

That's fair. I'd probably run Smeeta more often if loadouts can actually save which pet you are using. 

I mostly just use the crit kitty for eidolon hunts and sentinels for everything else because I like using their weapons as a stat stick for set bonuses.

 

Oh yeah. I used to bring ardaza's to eido's for the crit buff. 

now sahasa for the energy orbs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CephalonDizzy said:

I really just want the stasis mechanic to go away. As of now pet varieties are irrelevant since it's too annoying to switch them around and everyone seems to just run with sentinels or the loot kitty. (Personally I say Ardaza > Smeeta. Fite me)

Not to mention putting pets into stasis and switching them breaks loadouts.

 

Especially now that they changed the way stasis works anyway... all it is now is unnecessary extra steps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a thought about the vampire kavat the other day... it would be interesting if it was an infested kavat version of the Helminth Charger (needing cyst to breed) with the sanguine/leech ability similar to eximus enemies. Not sure if that's what they were thinking though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question "WHY?"

Hunter recovery and pack leader, you heal your pet, your pet heals you the functionality is already in the game and works universally..

Sorry why do we need another kavat type? More grind, dilution of the drop pool, power creep and cos reasons, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What DE says on day 1 : stuff

What DE actually implements : slightly different stuff at a time that is very far away from time originally said.

So even though it was said it would be a vampire kavat, it might be something that buffs health or armor or something else instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

What DE says on day 1 : stuff

What DE actually implements : slightly different stuff at a time that is very far away from time originally said.

So even though it was said it would be a vampire kavat, it might be something that buffs health or armor or something else instead. 

Exactly. Which is why I was hoping they would give us an update. I was just reiterating what was said at the time. I'd be up for any new kavat to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...