Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Index quest is a horrible idea

ganzuul

Counterpoint - there is a great community of players who would be happy to advise, and to help if asked.  Also - I made 4 mil in an hour on the index this weekend. Thanks DE! Me, two clannies, and a rando (who loved us).  Nova to slow the bots, Mesa to mow them down, and Rhino to run points

9 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

You...got rid of a cyst by buying warframe slot? Plz tell me I'm missing something or clarify this bit.

You can get rid of the cyst but you can't get it back. You have a limited number of warframe slots. If you get rid of it on all your frames, you need to either sell something you have worked hard for or buy a slot.

Not much of a concern now that I know you do, in fact, NOT need to complete this quest to get the HC, so there is no double jeopardy.

15 minutes ago, ganzuul said:

I tried first with Nezha, but his primary ability is disabled.

I don't know why that is, it's probably a bug. However, you wouldn't need to use his first ability on the Index. Just pop up the Halo and shoot them. Instead of Nezha I'd recommend Rhino with Iron Shrapnel (lets you reset Iron Skin whenever you want which Nezha can't do) or a nuking frame like Mesa.

What was the actual issue? Did you get killed too much or did you run out of time?

16 minutes ago, ganzuul said:

There is no warning or instructions for which frames to use.

To get the quest you should have completed Pluto (as you needed to complete The War Within). That means the game expects you to have completed Neptune, and have run The Index before. In other words, it won't explain it to you because you should have played the index before and learned how to play it by playing with others. Tl;Dr, the teaching of new mechanics in this game is bad, and they're working on that.

1 minute ago, DesertEagle1280 said:

Counterpoint - there is a great community of players who would be happy to advise, and to help if asked.  Also - I made 4 mil in an hour on the index this weekend. Thanks DE! Me, two clannies, and a rando (who loved us).  Nova to slow the bots, Mesa to mow them down, and Rhino to run points

I do have friends...!

They are just not always on. And yes, one of them immediately suggested Slova. I will have to look into this.

Just now, iLightning13 said:

To get the quest you should have completed Pluto (as you needed to complete The War Within). That means the game expects you to have completed Neptune, and have run The Index before. In other words, it won't explain it to you because you should have played the index before and learned how to play it by playing with others. Tl;Dr, the teaching of new mechanics in this game is bad, and they're working on that.

Eh, the Junctions and TWW don't need you to actually go through Index, so I suppose in OP's case, he just bee-lined for the quest without doing any Index at all.

6 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

I don't know why that is, it's probably a bug. However, you wouldn't need to use his first ability on the Index. Just pop up the Halo and shoot them. Instead of Nezha I'd recommend Rhino with Iron Shrapnel (lets you reset Iron Skin whenever you want which Nezha can't do) or a nuking frame like Mesa.

What was the actual issue? Did you get killed too much or did you run out of time?

I have never done The Index before... This quest is my first encounter with it and I felt compelled to complete it to help the little girl...

Heh. In this light it's like one of those super underhanded scams you hear about... Cold. Maybe that's what made me angry.

Edited by ganzuul

21 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

I know you aren't the OP. I responded to you because you quoted me and you didn't even address my point. So what's the point in quoting it, and what's the point in bringing up the narrative quality of the quest (which I agree isn't good) which isn't relevant to their being able to complete it?

There are numerous issues with the quest and game mode. Not everything DE produces is going to be top notch. It can be fixed but first we must admit that there is a problem.

On that note; I suggest a fix:
Instead of losing the creds completely, The Index holds them for a week before returning them. The lore says that it is a rent free loan that they invest, because that is a typical Corpus thing to do. Makes a lot more sense in the lore than taking such a large risk for such a small payoff too.

This way it's like the mastery rank test. It's a familiar mechanic.

28 minutes ago, (NSW)Fiftycentis said:

Which doesn't solve anything because the new frame is going to get infected too... I really want to know where OP got that info from

The goal isn't to get rid of it; but not having to carry it around until you want it.

1 hour ago, ganzuul said:

I am a paying customer.

ok; it's a free game

You need to be reminded. This serious problem with the game has apparently existed for a long time

Not really, i used Rhino when the quest first came out. It said i needed to have stay within X of their score and i played accordingly (yes solo, also assuming you're talking about the keep within X part of the quest.)

If you arent talking about the quest then i dont know what to say... bad groups ?

Edited by hellodownthere

46 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I'm not OP, I have no idea what match-ending bug he ran into. But I figured hey, while we're on the subject...

I believe the "match-ending bug" is the part where you need to keep the point margin below 10 or nef draws. Not much know this

Just now, 844448 said:

I believe the "match-ending bug" is the part where you need to keep the point margin below 10 or nef draws. Not much know this

Alright, for that one, you do have to pay attention to Glast's dialogue about not pushing it too far and the victory margin text at the top of the Tenno and Anyo Corp point display on the HUD.

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

Alright, for that one, you do have to pay attention to Glast's dialogue about not pushing it too far and the victory margin text at the top of the Tenno and Anyo Corp point display on the HUD.

Sorry, other than me, when was the last time we had a player that actually pay attention?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hellodownthere said:

ok; it's a free game

Not really, i used Rhino when the quest first came out. It said i needed to have stay within X of their score and i played accordingly (yes solo, also assuming you're talking about the keep within X part of the quest.)

Nothing is free.

Weird, I'd like to try it again with Nezha but I'm not about to pony up the creds to find out. Too much risk, not enough reward.

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

For me it was random lag. I have not noticed that being a problem in other game modes.

3 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Did you play in team or solo? Lag might happen if you're not the host and there's this margin part from the quest that makes you lose if you go all out

I think the other players were AI... At least they performed so poorly as to be more of a problem than any help. Does soloing get rid of the AI teammates?

Maybe this is due to a change to the meta since the game mode was released?

4 minutes ago, ganzuul said:

I think the other players were AI... At least they performed so poorly as to be more of a problem than any help. Does soloing get rid of the AI teammates?

Maybe this is due to a change to the meta since the game mode was released?

Solo will make you the host, removing the chance of random lag. AI teammates still there and might need to check on which part of the index quest you're on if you keep losing credits

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

Solo will make you the host, removing the chance of random lag. AI teammates still there and might need to check on which part of the index quest you're on if you keep losing credits

Third one, with the 140k buy-in. Lost on the first round twice while all the previous ones were cakewalks. Thought it was a fluke so I tried again, then realized I was a third of my creds in the hole.

I tried first with Nezha, but his primary ability is disabled. There is no warning or instructions for which frames to use.

It is not. You start the match with no energy. You can't use abilities if you don't have any energy. 

Use whatever frame you want, just be sure to pick up an energy orb before trying to use your abilities. 

You can also just.... "do the index" to rapidly accumulate credits (which ironically would also help you to figure out how to do the quest).

Next time, ask for help or advice, instead of blowing up. 

Have you looked at the support pages? This is where they direct you. Here. Not anywhere else. So their dirty laundry now gets aired in public because they give us no options.

Yeah they'll probably do that whenever you have a "complaint" that is not something that they can "fix". 

49 minutes ago, ganzuul said:

I do have friends...!

They are just not always on. And yes, one of them immediately suggested Slova. I will have to look into this.

I'm at work at the moment, but if you need help and see me on, just ask.  I've run it with most of my clannies, I'd be happy to go with you as well.  It's easier with at least 2 players vs relying on bots.  The friendly AI is relatively lacking.  Having at least one player to defend nonstop and one to run points makes it much better.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

It is not. You start the match with no energy. You can't use abilities if you don't have any energy. 

Use whatever frame you want, just be sure to pick up an energy orb before trying to use your abilities. 

You can also just.... "do the index" to rapidly accumulate credits (which ironically would also help you to figure out how to do the quest).

Next time, ask for help or advice, instead of blowing up. 

Yeah they'll probably do that whenever you have a "complaint" that is not something that they can "fix". 

If I wait until my emotions quiet, I will say nothing, and nothing will change. Not all patience is wisdom, Tenno.

53 minutes ago, ganzuul said:

I do have friends...!

Frost is honestly your best choice for going solo on this in that you can camp their goal to prevent them from turning in which also assist in your NPC buddies who happen to donate points to them.  Khora is also another great solo choice in that again..you can camp their goal and prevent them from turning in points.  This makes the one very "tricky mission", quite easy.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And to be fair - I think the "normal" index is locked until you complete the quest, or at least it used to be. Sorta like trying to take someone who isn't Old Mate with SU on the Profit taker bounties.  Won't even let you taxi them.  I had that issue when one of my clannies was complaining about credits as he was starting the game.  Was going to take him for a run or two but couldn't.  They may have fixed that though, we beelined to the glast quest to unlock it at the time, and haven't had any more newbs need it early.  Price of being in a 3 person clan. Just me and 2 friends, and 1 is my roommate.  Both me and him have been playing since before the starchart rework.  Circular planet sectors, dem was the days.

3 minutes ago, DesertEagle1280 said:

I'm at work at the moment, but if you need help and see me on, just ask.  I've run it with most of my clannies, I'd be happy to go with you as well.  It's easier with at least 2 players vs relying on bots.  The friendly AI is relatively lacking.  Having at least one player to defend nonstop and one to run points makes it much better.

Thank you kindly. I think I can wait until they have time, but maybe I will see you first. 🙂