Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Index quest is a horrible idea

ganzuul

3 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

Frost is honestly your best choice for going solo on this in that you can camp their goal to prevent them from turning in which also assist in your NPC buddies who happen to donate points to them.  Khora is also another great solo choice in that again..you can camp their goal and prevent them from turning in points.  This makes the one very "tricky mission", quite easy.

I have Frost building at the moment, for completing another quest/excavation which seems much too fiddly otherwise... Thanks!

I am genuinely not sure about the issue. 

Is it :

1) losing the credits? Credits are cheap, it really is not the end, and you don't lose any in the actual quest, you only lose if you play the index "outside the quest" which is completely on you for not being prepared. 

2) lack of explanation of the rules of index? Yeah this I can get behind, not very clear unless you actually pay attention to what is being said. I mean, who does that? Paying attention is too much effort. 

3)poor AI? Yeah, AI is not DE's strong suite. 

4) the story? Lack of lore? Loss of opportunity of lore? Yeah this is on DE too, such potential squandered. 

5) your frame being weak? Again, on you, index quest can be done by any frame as long as you don't get greedy. 

6) you are a paying customer? I don't even know what to say, it is a free to play game, you aren't a paying customer, you are a person using a free service, that can voluntarily be paid for by alternate means. 

2 hours ago, ganzuul said:

Yeah, why does this thing need to take up an entire room on the orbiter? It requires some kind of explanation.

DE needs to make money to stay in business. I bought the starter pack on Steam and extra plat. No money, no game. Bad game, no money. This part of the game sticks out like a sore thumb so badly that and I'm reconsidering my continued support. It might not matter to you. This is not aimed at any of you replying, but I'm glad you do since it might bring it to the attention of the staff finally.

I've bought a lot of prime accessories but you don't see me complaining.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

I've bought a lot of prime accessories but you don't see me complaining.

I don't require you to. I don't believe anyone does? Or are you saying that you're not complaining no one should?

2 hours ago, ganzuul said:

If I wait until my emotions quiet, I will say nothing, and nothing will change. Not all patience is wisdom, Tenno.

In this case, nothing needs to be changed. If you had calmed down just a wee bit, you would probably have asked questions, or at least addressed specifics that we could possibly provide help or advice on.

Like the whole "it's not locked out, you just didn't have any energy, you'd have noticed if you looked at the bar". 

Or the "it's always easier if you have another human on the tea, because "tactics". 

Or the, yeah you could just run a couple of dark sectors and get the creds for another shot. 

8 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Pacing is clearly not the problem for op, who moans about credits.

But thanks for trying to make this thread about your personal issues with the quest.

8 hours ago, iLightning13 said:

I know you aren't the OP. I responded to you because you quoted me and you didn't even address my point. So what's the point in quoting it, and what's the point in bringing up the narrative quality of the quest (which I agree isn't good) which isn't relevant to their being able to complete it?

Such malicious presumptions of me. Sorry if I trod on your nerves this morning, geeze

10 hours ago, DesertEagle1280 said:

And to be fair - I think the "normal" index is locked until you complete the quest, or at least it used to be. Sorta like trying to take someone who isn't Old Mate with SU on the Profit taker bounties.  Won't even let you taxi them.

I don't remember if it was but it's not locked now, free taxi

9 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

and you don't lose any in the actual quest, you only lose if you play the index "outside the quest" which is completely on you for not being prepared. 

You actually lose your creds if you fail the mission, maybe not on all the stages, but in some for sure.

Still only 140k, which is... A medium index 5 minutes run without booster

8 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Or the "it's always easier if you have another human on the tea, because "tactics". 

Yes having tea alone is difficult, need to ensure the sugar is covered and need eyes on the cream in case it decides to curdle! A good squad is needed with proper gear, the biscuits and cake need to be military grade to be effective against such odds. 

13 hours ago, Pr1A said:

Yeah, easily the worst quest in game. Insanely repetitive, so much wasted potential lore-wise and it has pretty much nothing to do with Nidus.

I agree its a pretty terrible quest.

However I would not say it completely has nothing to do with Nidus.

Near the end of the quest, Glast needed something to bet so he can get Neewa back. However since he lost all his money, he needed to bet something Nef would not refuse. So he bets the myconian's old war relic in hopes of getting Neewa back, and Nef agrees. Once you complete the last index match Glast gifts you the old war relic, which is actually revealed to be Nidus' BP. 

Nef even said the old war relic is so disgusting but yet so beautiful. I find this funny because he is basically calling Nidus disgustingly beautiful. 

But yea the quest is still kind of balls, most of my friends just bought Nidus since they do not want to do the quest or infested salvage.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb ganzuul:

Have you looked at the support pages? This is where they direct you. Here. Not anywhere else. So their dirty laundry now gets aired in public because they give us no options.

Wow, wow, wow. This is how Indexgate is getting started. At some point in the future I can say: I was there.

6 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Yes having tea alone is difficult, need to ensure the sugar is covered and need eyes on the cream in case it decides to curdle! A good squad is needed with proper gear, the biscuits and cake need to be military grade to be effective against such odds. 

If you put cream in perfectly good tea, I doubt that anything will ever help you progress. 😝