Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why was the cyst created?

maddragonmaster

5 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

lol, who cares about helminth charger, they are 99% mastery fodder and if it's not, people should be easily able to google it and wow problem doesn't exists.

And how would you propose someone that doesn't know about it to know what they should be googling to find out about this thing they don't even know exists?

Just saying to read the wiki isn't an answer because randomly reading everything there will spoil you on a lot. Even people that don't know will pop up in chat to ask about the boil. Then we can all make jokes about their unsafe activities, explain it, then they'll know.

21 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

And how would you propose someone that doesn't know about it to know what they should be googling to find out about this thing they don't even know exists?

Just saying to read the wiki isn't an answer because randomly reading everything there will spoil you on a lot. Even people that don't know will pop up in chat to ask about the boil. Then we can all make jokes about their unsafe activities, explain it, then they'll know.

Add "inject a cyst" button to hatchery scree, grey it out when you don't have a cyst, and give it a little (or major) explanation on mouseover.

1 minute ago, Test-995 said:

Add "inject a cyst" button to hatchery scree, grey it out when you don't have a cyst, and give it a little (or major) explanation on mouseover.

Again, if people (honestly) ask where Baro is when there's an unavoidable email, a marker on the map, and a deal in the alert panel that you can click, they might not see the option. Maybe they figure they like their sentinal and just use that. Maybe only the knowledge they can make some sort of mutant monstrosity is what takes someone even going to the incubator. In a game where there are lots of things that could use more explaining and attention, the cyst is one thing that everybody eventually learns about even if they ask in chat about it.

4 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

Again, if people (honestly) ask where Baro is when there's an unavoidable email, a marker on the map, and a deal in the alert panel that you can click, they might not see the option. Maybe they figure they like their sentinal and just use that. Maybe only the knowledge they can make some sort of mutant monstrosity is what takes someone even going to the incubator. In a game where there are lots of things that could use more explaining and attention, the cyst is one thing that everybody eventually learns about even if they ask in chat about it.

Fine then just so be it, it's better to ignore those kind of people since warframe doesn't explain everything.(Seriously everything, there is MUCH MUCH MUCH more important things that should be explained in game, than way to get a stupid doggo)

Daily reminder on log in? strange graphical effect and obvious popup icon with explanation on every time you open up arsenals? literally everything that doesn't affect/disrupt your gameplay is better than current way of implementation, please do not defend this.

35 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Daily reminder on log in? strange graphical effect and obvious popup icon with explanation on every time you open up arsenals? literally everything that doesn't affect/disrupt your gameplay is better than current way of implementation, please do not defend this.

A daily reminder is no good. It will be more annoying than the reminders every time the ghouls arrive and leave. That's more disruptive than a small graphical thing that you can make go away after a few days and takes 0 time away from anything while you ignore it for a little bit.

The thread asked why it exists. I answered that question. Also my opinion that it isn't a big deal is just as valid as yours.

13 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

A daily reminder is no good. It will be more annoying than the reminders every time the ghouls arrive and leave. That's more disruptive than a small graphical thing that you can make go away after a few days and takes 0 time away from anything while you ignore it for a little bit.

The thread asked why it exists. I answered that question. Also my opinion that it isn't a big deal is just as valid as yours.

Eh, little more information on daily tribute screen is much better (and not disruptive at all) than reminding me with those ugly thing, in every possible second as long as i use those frames in specific time.

2 hours ago, Test-995 said:

lol, who cares about helminth charger, they are 99% mastery fodder and if it's not, people should be easily able to google it and wow problem doesn't exists.

Anything can work without adding yet another time gate for newer frames, just be creative.

I love the helminth charger 😭I'm a sucker for infested themed things though so I'm incredibly biased 

As for the cyst it's a pain in the ass honestly, I love it on a default colored Nidus since it just adds onto the look but on most other frames it's going to mess up the look of the frame. I can cure them but I don't want to make it so they can't become infected again so I'm sort of stuck with the cyst on a majority of frames at the moment.

funny that this is considered vain when you have people in this community that make this look mild. complaining about content being too easy when they have a "nuke everything in sight" loadout and  a "easy farm" loadout which is the main reason why DE has trouble with scaling content, because of an equal parts of them releasing too much "good stuff" and parts of players using all of those good stuff to make meta defining builds that end up breaking the games difficulty bar. people complaining about nerfs to weapons and frames whether the deserved them or not, and players complaining about minor details on a warframe skin that they don't have to use. 

the point here is 1. there is no way to avoid getting a cyst on your frame and it lasting the whole week. 2. the whole bit of the frame being cure from it permanently, there is no way of reapplying cyst when that frame you had eventually becomes replaced by the eventual primed variant or umbra if your excalibur. 3. this whole way of getting the helminth charger isn't fully fleshed out because it still relies on the old ask someone in chat who knows bit, which can have mixed results of them just telling them the way of permanently removing it or just giving false information. 4. this has been stagnate for 2 years and counting without any improvements or any notification of improvements.

i find the cyst as a minor inconvenience now days but the reason i am getting incredibly annoyed here is people arguing against finding a easy solution to fix this issue, and causing incredibly difficult for people to have a normal discussion. and it doesn't help  the developers see and understand this case if we are just so salty about it making bitter and angry comment in chat.  

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Megaman2462 said:

I love the helminth charger 😭I'm a sucker for infested themed things though so I'm incredibly biased 

As for the cyst it's a pain in the ass honestly, I love it on a default colored Nidus since it just adds onto the look but on most other frames it's going to mess up the look of the frame. I can cure them but I don't want to make it so they can't become infected again so I'm sort of stuck with the cyst on a majority of frames at the moment.

Not too serious about that one since my first fully forma'd doggo was a helminth charger, but tbh they are rather underwhelming.

On 2019-08-05 at 8:20 PM, (XB1)Shodian said:

It's not that bad to wait a few days.

Spend that sweet money on your favorite Prime Access and wait a few days. It gets old quick.

It was legit funny at first, but it grew old (no punt intended) and at this point it has just become tedious. Hopefully they redesign how the whole Helminth stuff works, because frankly, I don't want to keep my Primes in the freeze for a week ;w;

Edited by NightmareT12