Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conservation "calling machanics" ?

Ahniar

Question

Haro, 

After a bunch of failed attempts and some digging trough tutorials, I still have no idea how the calling part works exactly. So, if someone could give me an insight view on the thing, would be appreciated. 

From my limited understanding:

After finding the poop... 

1- get to the designated spot

2- "fire" the screamer

3- wait for a response

4- "fire" the screamer again (the colors on the UI thing range from light blue to bright purple, why? Do we have to point it in the brackets that appear and fire or point to a specific color? ) 

5- critters appear

6- trank and "rescue" them

The 4th step tends to be a bit finicky... Halp 😞

10 answers to this question

There should be a moving white box which you have to follow slightly.
At least it's this way all the time since the beginning. I have more problems with getting the answer from the animals sometimes

edit google image. you can see the box in the lowest part of the slider

1544753111_13.jpg

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 1

Yeah it took me a few days to figure out how that stupid thing works.... but yes.. you have to keep the Dot In The Marker by moving the camera. 

Because despite how many times we tell DE to Stop they just put minigames in the simplest of tasks...

7 hours ago, Ahniar said:

Haro, 

After a bunch of failed attempts and some digging trough tutorials, I still have no idea how the calling part works exactly. So, if someone could give me an insight view on the thing, would be appreciated. 

From my limited understanding:

After finding the poop... 

1- get to the designated spot

2- "fire" the screamer

3- wait for a response

4- "fire" the screamer again (the colors on the UI thing range from light blue to bright purple, why? Do we have to point it in the brackets that appear and fire or point to a specific color? ) 

5- critters appear

6- trank and "rescue" them

The 4th step tends to be a bit finicky... Halp 😞

Firstly, I use Loki Prime, (invis), so I totally ignore the wind direction. I very rarely do not get a perfect capture.

When I first started doing captures, the 2nd call in (step 4) was a problem. The trick, at least on ps4, is to hold down the left trigger whilst doing the call with the right trigger (not needed in step 2 as there is no lure guide bar in step 2). This slows the "lure guide bar" and makes it quite easy to stay with the lure guide bar long enough to be successful.

As soon as I complete step 4 I go invis and equip the tranq rifle, scope down rifle to spot animal, move closer to animal, take shot(s), whilst animal falls asleep switch to scanner, scan animal for "free" and easy cemaris rep, capture animal.

I hope this helps.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

• Like 1

Here's what you need to do :

Pull out the echo lure when you get to the spot. 

Hold the mouse button and ensure your cursor covers the entire band by moving the mouse. (once up and down with moderate speed should do it on first attempt itself)

wait for response (will be from direction it will spawn) , there will be a bracket now hold mouse and keep the cursor within the bracket for the duration of the call. 

The animal will now appear, so tranq it. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

Firstly, I use Loki Prime, (invis), so I totally ignore the wind direction. I very rarely do not get a perfect capture.

Wind direction matters regardless of invisibility. Also Ivara is superior due to the fact you are not limited to the Tranq Rifle and can use the Sleeping arrow that does not have an Arch, is AOE and will Sleep and perfect capture anything in first shot. Only animal it bugs on is Sawgaw.

Edited by Zakkhar

4 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

the Sleeping arrow that does not have an Arch, is AOE and will Sleep and perfect capture anything in first shot.

provided that you hit the creature directly with the Arrow, the AoE won't be a perfect Capture.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

provided that you hit the creature directly with the Arrow, the AoE won't be a perfect Capture.

It will be even more perfect capture. I never aim directly at the animal. Just do not use Tranq Rifle after. Go to it and spam X.

Edited by Zakkhar

19 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Wind direction matters regardless of invisibility. Also Ivara is superior due to the fact you are not limited to the Tranq Rifle and can use the Sleeping arrow that does not have an Arch, is AOE and will Sleep and perfect capture anything in first shot. Only animal it bugs on is Sawgaw.

I never, and I mean never, have an issue with wind direction with loki prime. Perhaps it is just that the total time from response to 2nd call and tranq or double tranq is such a small window. So not disagreeing that wind direction can be important. Just that I never have a problem.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.