HYg1ene

Question about primes

Hello. I'm new to game and I'm still learning. The question I have is why community is obsessed with primes. I looked up the wiki and only difference I could find was prime warframes have a little bit more health and shield and energy, which there are mods that can do that. Is there any specific reason to grind for primes? Thanks

Not really, their main selling point is appearance. The minor stat boosts are nice, but unneeded for any content.

• Like 4
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 3

Different look and boosted stats over the base varients. Thats usually all there is to it.

It's useful stuff most of the time. A frame with increased energy capacity lets you be a bit more careless with ability use or efficiency.

Some primes have a nice boost in stats and mods are percentage based,  you will have benefits.

Some are worth getting, some don't matter. You can do just fine with the non-primed versions either way.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

If you're interested in not missing out on some Mastery Rank points, it's better to start farming the one's next in line to be vaulted. While they can make a return with Unvaulting, it can take a long time for it to happen. Yes, you can get them via trading, but it can be difficult if you're going the free-to-play route and most are selling them for plat. So far only Frost, Ember, Nova, Nyx, Rhino, Loki, Volt, and Mag packs has had unvaulting and nearly all of them have repeated unvaulting. 

Edited by NekroArts

Many Prime Warframes come with more polarities than their non-primed counterparts, meaning the require less forma when making a build for them.

They're easier to mod with less resources, have better stats and offers a different look. Stat increases go a long way as mods mount plus they add gameplay value as a collectable.

• Like 1

Better stats. More polarities and Better looks. Prime Warframes have minor stat increases mainly to theibut better polarities which means less forma and they look better than the base version. Idk what to say for prime warframes in all honesty, even with a minor increase in stats the community, including me is obsessed with getting the prime versions. I guess this is the effect warframe has on you.

Prime weapons are another cases entirely. They are a direct upgrade to their basic weapon versions. So there's a reason why you should always go for the prime version of a weapon than the base version. i.e Gram was regarded as a weak weapon in general with better options out there but Gram Prime is regarded as on of the best if not the best melee weapon in the game. Do note that not all primes just get increased stats just like that, they also have some of their stats reduced with a compensated gimmick that DE has been giving prime weapons lately or even some changes to the weapons that makes it more effective in some cases. For example

• Ballistica Prime creates spectral copies of enemies killed with a charged shot and it also fires its bolts differently than the ballistica
  • Pyrana Prime features overall increased stats over the pyrana but has less damage and slower fire rate. As a gimmick, when you kill 3 enemies in quick succession, you will gain a second Pyrana Prime that gives increased fire rate and double magazine 
  • Cernos Prime fires three arrows instead of one and can switch between firing horizontally or vertically 
  • Tiberon Prime has 3 fire modes with different stats for each. Balanced damage on 3 round burst, increased critical chance/critical multiplier on semi-auto and increased status chance on auto.
  • Zhuge Prime has lower damage but it's crossbow bolts explode.
  • Venka Prime has a higher melee combo multiplier than an other melee weapon 
  • Nikondi prime features physical damage stats instead of an elemental damage stat like its base version. 

All in all, Prime weapons have something over their base counterparts that makes it worthwhile to get but there are better do know there are better primes and lesser primes.

Posted (edited)

You can trade Primes and acquire them a lot more easily at times (Mesa, Equinox) and skip most of the grind. 

Primes have minor stat boosts, so if I have both Primes and regular Primes will be preferred for playing. 

They also usually have more polarities, so save on forma. 

Primes have different appearances and are usually more detailed.

Primes provide MR affinity different from the regular ones. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

Ya'll realize while you are selling that "more polarities" line a pack of three formas is cheaper than any primed frame. Also that you can get bps for them and make enough if you are patient.

Besides the MR affinity, you don't have to have any of them to succeed.

10 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Ya'll realize while you are selling that "more polarities" line a pack of three formas is cheaper than any primed frame. Also that you can get bps for them and make enough if you are patient.

lol an entire set of zephyr prime is around 35plat, check warframe.market

poor zephyr

14 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

that's 90 levels to grind. Honestly, the pro of having far less stuff to level is a MASSIVE selling point for me.

6 minutes ago, AizatXtreme123 said:

lol an entire set of zephyr prime is around 35plat, check warframe.market

poor zephyr

35p for 3 forma. so you get 3 forma for one zephyr. At any rate, it's still easier to get forma and not pay than it is to have to pay for primes that are vaulted. The rest you can obtain without paying.

3 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

that's 90 levels to grind. Honestly, the pro of having far less stuff to level is a MASSIVE selling point for me.

Sure if you want to spend RL money super early into a game you might not even fully get into. Then definitely HUGE, MASSIVE.

2 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Sure if you want to spend RL money super early into a game you might not even fully get into. Then definitely HUGE, MASSIVE.

who said anything about spending money? I'm 1200 ish hours into the game and I've only spent $10 on the game. And those 10 dollars I got from selling items from tf2. 

prime sets are pretty easy to come by. And if you really can't wait for the prime frames to un vault. Farming plat isn't that difficult ether.

Just now, stormy505 said:

who said anything about spending money? I'm 1200 ish hours into the game and I've only spent $10 on the game. And those 10 dollars I got from selling items from tf2. 

prime sets are pretty easy to come by. And if you really can't wait for the prime frames to un vault. Farming plat isn't that difficult ether.

2 hours ago, HYg1ene said:

Hello. I'm new to game and I'm still learning. The question I have is why community is obsessed with primes. I looked up the wiki and only difference I could find was prime warframes have a little bit more health and shield and energy, which there are mods that can do that. Is there any specific reason to grind for primes? Thanks

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Wanna point out where he talks about wasting money on prime frames?

Posted (edited)

Its almost like bragging rights. Nike or Adidas? One has only a few better features but not much difference. In the end its not the shoe that makes the athlete, It's the person.

Edited by kwlingo

hace 2 horas, HYg1ene dijo:

It's because primes shine. They are so adorable...

You right, primes does not difference that much in terms of performance.Never hesitate to boost a normal warframe if you like it.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

35p for 3 forma. so you get 3 forma for one zephyr. At any rate, it's still easier to get forma and not pay than it is to have to pay for primes that are vaulted. The rest you can obtain without paying.

b-but... zephyr prime comes with 5 (including aura) polarities pre-installed lol

15 hours ago, HYg1ene said:

Is there any specific reason to grind for primes? Thanks

The primary progress metric for warframe is "Mastery Rank" you only get points for that for each new Weapon, Warframe, Vehicle or Companion that you take from rank 0-30.

Hence every single item of gear has value.

Given that the primary progress metric rewards lateral development rather than peak performance, many of the usual pitfalls of other MMO-like games are mitigated. So in a situation where you are rewarded by breadth of gear and the Primes are visually and slightly statistically better, they are the focus of people's attention.

But get the standard Warframes first, then worry about primes.