Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, whoever made these Ventkids, thank you.

uAir

I love the ventkids.

They're just hilarious. I can't understand a damned thing they say but Roky sounds so cool and spunky I'd hang out with them all day and bump fists and ride our K-drives all over the vallis.

bah bah beh beh

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Thanks DE for these 24k mastery I'll never have

I feel ya, I maxed one K-Drive and probaably wont do another because it was a pain before DE nerfed the K-Drive affinity gain.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I don't. I want to throw Grenades into their Vent. anyone asks, it was an industrial Accident, happens all the time in Fortuna.

if my kid were to ever talk like that I'd slap the bejesus outta him/her.

That's because you're a darn northerner, and can't appreciate the old English of us southerners.

Shakes fist angrily

3 hours ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

Couldn't disagree more, complete cringe fest of forced psuedo stereotypes.

Isnt that right?

I feel the same way when I hear some of the youth of today speaking. No, I kid you not. if you go to some of the kids in the poor parts in Brazil, you hear kids speaking in words, manners and slangs you just have no idea what they are on about.

They think they are cool, but us old timers feel the cringe.

And when they get older and look back at their attitude, they will cringe as well.

• Like 3

It is cute until you have to farm for Repeller/Atmo/Gyro systems and you are trapped in the elevator banging your head against the door, pleading for them to let you out so you don't have to hear "your ol' mucker Boon" vomit like a kavat for the 20th time. Does it start to drive me a little crazy? Chek chek.

21 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

It is cute until you have to farm for Repeller/Atmo/Gyro systems and you are trapped in the elevator banging your head against the door, pleading for them to let you out so you don't have to hear "your ol' mucker Boon" vomit like a kavat for the 20th time. Does it start to drive me a little crazy? Chek chek.

I just farmed Stage 2, so I never had that problem.

They are a nice concept, and well made. 

Personally though I just think the accent is standing out way too much. Feels like it doesn't fit in at all. There is no sense of origin from the area, so it doesn't make sense when I hear it. And they don't really sound like kids, especially if comparing to the voices of our Tenno.

But I don't know, maybe it's just another weird Corpus thing I don't understand 😄 

I like them for what they represent: divergent cultures. And not just in general, but inside an another culture. Honestly, something like that is missing from the Ostrons, where are their riggers? Those crazy bastards who climb up and down the tower with drills and explosives. Ostrons are a nomadic merchant culture, those climbers are unique to Cetus. 

So, I like the Ventkids for the worldbuilding they represent. The fact that I am not that into their "music" and style is irrelevant. 

You don't have to like something to appreciate it. 

• Like 2

They remind me of Pickle from the Presequal...I hated Pickle....

7 hours ago, IntheCoconut said:

Also this, All I wanted was Strain Infection...but as soon as I got in that elevator and realized I'd have to listen to that more than just once...opened up trade chat...