Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Switch Bugs 27.0.5. Empyrean

(NSW)Hermy

Current bugs:

- Catching the new Kavats in the plains can get you spawned under the map, where you fall forever. (Also you are under the map during the extraction sequence of the cats)

- When you put the switch into sleep mode (standby) while the game is running the next time you continue playing matchmaking is an issue because the ping rises past 1000.

- *Empyrean* Sometimes the contrast goes crazy. Everything is either bright or black. You have to restart the Switch to fix this. Restarting the game doesn't change it. (Probably some ram issue)

- *Empyrean* The Railjack can glitch into Objects and Asteroids... Either add /unstuck for Railjack or fix the collision detection.

- *Empyrean* Sometimes the Railjack is not loading in the Dojo for the host.

- *Empyrean* Sometimes all icons, mission goals, interaction prompts etc. are missing and you have to close the game. (Even abort mission doesn't work because it says "mission already accomplished")

- *Empyrean* The hud sometimes disappears,  it seems like one cause has to do with using the railjack foundry. 

- *Empyrean* Sometimes weapons, cloaks, etc. stay stuck in mid air or stick to the side gun/ ship control.

- *Empyrean* Performance is really bad when the ship is boarded or many fighters attack the railjack. It never feels like stable 30fps. (Probably Cpu or Ram releated)

- *Empyrean* Resolution can also take quite a hit. The lowest scenario is in the dojo when the full railjack is on screen. (But it wasn't in rising tide) (Lower polygons models could fix this.)

- *Empyrean* Archwing weapons and flight have serious problems: Experimental flight is gone, Melee weapons are unusable now because you dont "jump" to the targets anymore and their range is way to short to hit anything without it. Thr Projectile speed/ travel distance of fire Weapons is way to low to hit anything. Either the enemy fighters are too fast (faster than projectiles) or to far away. The Damage is also way too low and enemies to strong. It is currently impossible to survive in space in railjack missions.

-Some textures seem to be loaded at their lowest presets and never get better. Especially skyboxes in front of spaceship windows, but also the saturn skybox in empyrean or some ground/ snow textures in orb vallis.

- Particle effects are now little flat squares instead of glowing points.

- Alad V is going crazy... Sometimes he's stuck in it's idle position until he dies, then all the icons/ text etc. on screen are red, then his healt bar is displayed directly when the mission starts (and sometimes it's red too)... But sometimes he behaves as intended.

- Sometimes in Disruption missions the progress or at least it's hud presentation does get stuck.

- When crashing against something with your hoverboard you often ragdoll/ glitch through walls/ the ground of the map.

- The framerate in while fighting the Profit Taker is bad.

-Since the old blood the framerate with 3 or 4 players/ lots of enemies is sometimes really bad... I don't know if it has to do with specific Warframes or enemies. But the same mission with the same number of players can also run smoothly the next time you play it.

- Players experience log in/ starting problems after "the old blood" - update... maybe corrupted files ? Reinstalling fixes it, checking for corrupted files in the Switch system settings could fix it too.

-?Since Jovian Concord it seems impossible to modify your market whislist - the option to add or remove items seems to be missing.

-?Lua and the Kuva Fortress can sometimes be seen from within the ship, even when you never went there yet. (it's a big spoiler !)

-Pro Controller motion controls are not very responsive. On the contrary split joycons work great. Maybe just increase sensitivity or add separate options for joycons/ pro controller.

Suggestions:

~ Add a lotus message explaining what to do when the light flickers to spawn the kuva larvling. (Like with the Juggernauts)

~ Add an unstuck button in game options or a feature to warp to another player. (Many people don't know you can unstuck via the chat, so they either try to get out for 10 minutes or leave) 

~ Maybe save recources by using lower polygons enemy and/or object models, so that the max. resolution can be higher.

~Maybe offer the option to download less compressed assets for better quality and shorter loading times. (For those who use an sd card.) -Like the HD texture pack in Grid Autosport. I imagine the blackscreens before loading have to do with the compression.

~Maybe use the cpu boost mode to shorten the loading times ?

~ Use Gyro as a pointer in the Menus ?

~ Add Offline Mode ?

~ Add Crossaves ?

Fixed bugs:

+ The gyro drift is gone !!!!!

+ You can now catch flying animals as a client too. They aren't stuck in the air anymore.

+ The black screens before loading and the pink boxes instead of bushes that where in the game since the Jovian Concord are gone.

+Voice-chat works now with USB headsets and via usb controllers.

+Switching back and forth to Operator modes does not lock abilities anymore.

+The Archwing Launcher does not stuck you into the ground anymore.

+ The Lightning bug that was present in some dojo garden rooms is fixed.

+Energy & Color Bugs seem to be gone.

+Operator faces and hair are normal again.

+The player marker on the minimap is back.

+Animal captures and mining are possible again. (Tracks and Spots are visible)

+Crashes in Orb Vallis seem to be finally gone.

+There is a working preview for the operator voice in the character editor.

+The framerate is back where it was before the jovian concord (or even better ?)

+Ambient Occlusion and Volumetric Lightning are back !

+ Nightwave works again, but we had two weeks of really slow progress because of the bugs.

Edited by (NSW)Hermy
Many new Bugs with Empyrean

Just want to add to the Archwing launcher getting stuck in the ground.
This made the MR25 mastery test frustrating as every launcher stuck you in the platforms unless you hopped beforehand.

Coupled with sprint speed being toggled with every transition from frame > archwing > frame, also made for a less than fun experience.

I'd wish for Always-Sprint to be a function at this point.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (NSW)SuperLorro:

Just want to add to the Archwing launcher getting stuck in the ground.
This made the MR25 mastery test frustrating as every launcher stuck you in the platforms unless you hopped beforehand.

Coupled with sprint speed being toggled with every transition from frame > archwing > frame, also made for a less than fun experience.

I'd wish for Always-Sprint to be a function at this point.

It's already in the list 🙂 (the second bug) but your description of it is more accurate and detailed ^^

Yeah just wanted to reiterate how frustrating it is nearly failing the MR test because you cannot move. At least you can get by with Itzal blink or melee-cancel and hope you have not wasted the other launcher yet.
Cannot use the gear wheel launcher either which I've ingrained the habit of bullet jump prior to activating for the long standing issue of being eaten by the floor.

I have experienced this bug just this afternoon when fighting the thumper on plains of eidolon when it jumped it suddenly disappeared but actually its still there its just you can't see it.. ( Or does it have that ability? I dont fight im too much) especially you need to kill 2 of this things this week.  

vor 2 Stunden schrieb M1tchster:

My perfect captures all counted fine, minus one.

Sometimes using the virtual keyboard can cause a crash. This has existed since day one, and many other keen players have noticed it. Likely a buffer overflow.

didn't hear about the second bug, is it happening often ? the one with the perfect captures for Nightwave is something many players have, myself included. it never counted. and when you can't even see the traces anymore it's just way to hard.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

When switching back from operator to warframe the first time game thinks R1 is constantly pressed and instead of doing actions it launches all abilities.

You might want to put "R". There is no "R1" on a Nintendo Switch controller.

Also

Motion controls with pro controller don't work. (With joycons or in Handheldmode it works great, but with the pro controller it's almost non-existant) Maybe just increase sensitivity or add two options like in fortnite.

Motion controls work for me and my Pro Controller. Slight gyro drifting is still an issue though.

Edited by (NSW)sfried

Hi Hermy!

Thanks for the list, and we're glad you have seen some improvements since the last update. Just a quick question:

7 hours ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

-There are energy/color bugs when using melee weapons or really bright energy light sources that make big chunks of the screen pixelated.

Can you please give us a few examples of some weapons that you're seeing this issue with? We should be able to get them fixed up, but we just need to know which ones are causing you problems. 

We're also in the process of looking over the other issues you mentioned.

Thanks in advance!

45 minutes ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Hi Hermy!

Thanks for the list, and we're glad you have seen some improvements since the last update. Just a quick question:

Can you please give us a few examples of some weapons that you're seeing this issue with? We should be able to get them fixed up, but we just need to know which ones are causing you problems. 

Thanks in advance!

I for example see this when I use my SIlva & Aegis prime modded for radiation. 

Could you add the bug where the vent kids are absent from the Orb Vallis? I can't do Nightwave as when I approach the marker for the race it disappears and the NPC is not standing where it should be.

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Linkski:

Hi Hermy!

Thanks in advance!

Nice to hear that you are looking over the other issues too 🙂 Especially the ones with the archwing getting stuck in the grund, coming back from operator mode and only beeing able to use abilities and the aggressive joycon drift prevention are really bothersome. (They force you to adapt & play the game differently)

Well i noticed it especially with paracesis using the mythra skin, but last time i fought Eidolons the bug was there too. My theory is that it affects all really bright light sources when the framerate & resolution are very low.05iPIKF.jpgJxSoD70.jpgrI3jSv0.jpg

Here is the lightning error in the dojo too: (when looking down/ looking up)0aLg6EL.jpgQ6d4P6r.jpg

21 hours ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Hi Hermy!

Thanks in advance!

Just letting you guys know how much we appreciate the improvements on performance the recent patch had on areas such as Cetus! It looks so much sharper AND runs so much smoother than it did back at launch! (Are the folks at Panic Button still helping out? Because I'd also like to extend the appreciation to them as well if they are involved.)

Edited by (NSW)sfried
  • Like 1

I also can't fulfill the daily nightwave quest "Mark 5 Mods or Recources" because the light beacons after collecting them are gone and marking them before collecting them doesn't count. -After rebooting the game they where back 🙂

Edited by (NSW)Hermy

Our biggest issues are crashes. I completed profit taker for nightwave and as soon as I went for extraction it crashed and 'undid' the completion for example. Yes the virtual keyboard crash is frequent. Try booting and chatting for an hour or so, without a USB keyboard. Acrash will likely occur without ever leaving the orbiter. Several friends and I have noted it, but it hasn't gotten a lot of publicity, likely due to the randomness of the crashing. Pretty sure it never happens with a USB keyboard.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb M1tchster:

Our biggest issues are crashes. I completed profit taker for nightwave and as soon as I went for extraction it crashed and 'undid' the completion for example. Yes the virtual keyboard crash is frequent. Try booting and chatting for an hour or so, without a USB keyboard. Acrash will likely occur without ever leaving the orbiter. Several friends and I have noted it, but it hasn't gotten a lot of publicity, likely due to the randomness of the crashing. Pretty sure it never happens with a USB keyboard.

So it crashes when you use the onscreen virtual keyboard a lot ?

6 hours ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

So it crashes when you use the onscreen virtual keyboard a lot ?

At least by my standards, yes. It's not every day, as it's feels like a 1\1000 chance every character you type in the keyboard. Some days I log in just to chat a little bit with clanmates, and it will crash on my orbiter several times those days. Unless it got patched in the last two updates (and I doubt it has), it'll happen again.

I'm fairly certain it's the on-screen keyboard (I don't have a debugger hooked up to my switch to trace it to be certain), but I'm pretty experienced at finding bugs. My instinct says it has to do with the switch's native keyboard function calls and the parameters passed to them, but as I only have experience with the Wii I'm uncertain how that could go wrong. I could be mistaken entirely.

Still I recommend people pay keen attention to their exact last actions as well as those around them during a crash.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb M1tchster:

At least by my standards, yes. It's not every day, as it's feels like a 1\1000 chance every character you type in the keyboard. Some days I log in just to chat a little bit with clanmates, and it will crash on my orbiter several times those days. Unless it got patched in the last two updates (and I doubt it has), it'll happen again.

I'm fairly certain it's the on-screen keyboard (I don't have a debugger hooked up to my switch to trace it to be certain), but I'm pretty experienced at finding bugs. My instinct says it has to do with the switch's native keyboard function calls and the parameters passed to them, but as I only have experience with the Wii I'm uncertain how that could go wrong. I could be mistaken entirely.

Still I recommend people pay keen attention to their exact last actions as well as those around them during a crash.

That's possible, i just use the keyboard rarely from the orbiter/ in the dojo. Almost never during missions xP I will add it to the list 🙂

Out of curiosity, were your perfect animal captures a "recovered act"? I had a issue with a perfect animal capture myself, during the last weekly; One didn't count for me as well I believe.

...But even worse would be the recent issues stemming from the latest updates. These issuest involve recovered nightwave acts turning off and on, especially with chat use and loading scenes. Viewing newsfeeds on your orbiter appears to -sometimes restore them. For completeness I recommend reading some of the bug reports by me and others about it and consider adding it to the list.

Edited by M1tchster

Am 10.8.2019 um 05:06 schrieb M1tchster:

Out of curiosity, were your perfect animal captures a "recovered act"? I had a issue with a perfect animal capture myself, during the last weekly; One didn't count for me as well I believe.

...But even worse would be the recent issues stemming from the latest updates. These issuest involve recovered nightwave acts turning off and on, especially with chat use and loading scenes. Viewing newsfeeds on your orbiter appears to -sometimes restore them. For completeness I recommend reading some of the bug reports by me and others about it and consider adding it to the list.

Yeah the animal capture is buggy right now xP

But i added these:

-When crashing against something with your hoverboard you often ragdoll through the ground of the map where you fall... and fall... and fall xD

-The game crashes sometimes when using the onscreen keyboard.

-Recovered Nightwave acts disappear. (Maybe just a visual bug)

-Performance while fighting the Profit Taker is still really bad.

The night wave acts disappearing is much worse than a visual bug. Because of it turning off and on I ended up doing 16 syndicate missions for 10 to count. I wish it were just visual. A lot of others are having problems due to it as well, most just don't use the forum.

Ah yes the hoverboard issue, I forgot about that one lol. Also frustrating on races. Good work with the list. Some of these can also apply to other platforms.