Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[DE, don't do this] Perishable mastery rank points

sir_deadlock

This is an anti-suggestion. I very much do not want this to exist, but it would make sense if it did.

This suggestion would be a shameless cash grab, in that people would be inclined to re-buy weapons if not bite the bullet and heavily expand their arsenal slots at great financial expense (if they hadn't already).

----------

The title pretty much says what this concept is: perishable mastery points, that is, mastery rank points that expire, thereby regressing a player's mastery rank in light of inactivity.

The way I see it, it could be any length of time, if not varied per item, but in essence a weapon or frame not used in an extremely long time would have its mastery rank points expire and the player would need to re-master by way of collecting an arbitrary quantity of affinity while using that item. That would at least forgo the need to forma the item or attain a brand new one.

I imagine this could be boasted as a system to keep people interested in a variety of weapons or even as some moral sensibility penalty to justify, perhaps, late game ranks and items requiring more involved effort to very much earn their title.

---------

Make no mistake though, it would be a shameless cash grab mechanic and nobody wants it. I figured it would be worth mentioning, before somebody got this bright idea on their own.

That's... just horrible.

How did you even come up with this? Actually, I don't even wanna know

Leveling bad weapons is already a pain, and then having to redo that just to maintain mastery level, bc some ppl are too bored or have way too much free time? JFC.

You can delete your own post by reporting it yourself, btw.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

There is literally no reason for this thread to exist.

I stated my reasons. This is a logical addition to the game and would be a way to encourage spending money on items and slots. If I can think of it, somebody else can too. I wanted to get ahead of that bright thinker and tell them the idea sucks.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Leveling bad weapons is already a pain, and then having to redo that just to maintain mastery level, bc some ppl are too bored or have way too much free time? JFC.

You can delete your own post by reporting it yourself, btw.

I see we're in agreement.

No, I'm going to leave it up as long as it's allowed, because it's worth pointing out that people don't want this, before somebody gets the idea that maybe they wouldn't mind. You certainly seem to agree that this kind of mechanic would severely hurt the player base's interest in the game.

9 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

This is a logical addition to the game

No it's not, unless you are high on substances way stronger than marijuana. And only weed is legal in Canada, so we're safe.

DE will never do this, it's not profitable to lose 100% of the playerbase.

I can see where he is coming from with this, but way off back 

The mastery points no

the weapon/warframe/pet/companion/arcwing that has not been used in months or years lave the level (not MP) slowly lowered over time unless you have a forma, catalyst, or reactor in it

Edited by (XB1)The TV Guide

1 minute ago, Alcatraz said:

I don't think you understand how Digital Extremes even operates their game. Shame on you for such a crappy post.

The deeper workings? Probably not. I've been here long enough to see a couple times when DE got thirsty for cash though, so I know they're not above cash grabs and making unsavory deals. Remember, at the end of the day, they're a business trying to keep the lights on.

2 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

No it's not

DE will never do this, it's not profitable to lose 100% of the playerbase.

Yes it is. It would mirror a natural real world mechanic called atrophy.

I hope they don't. I honestly hope they wouldn't be willing to do this to their players. It would make money though. It wouldn't straight up punish players, especially if the points had like, a six to twelve month duration before they expired.

Ask yourself if you've ever seen somebody say that people don't need to have all the stuff and don't need to have the highest mastery rank to have fun. Have you ever seen somebody waive off the psychological need for fulfillment that has been clinically established as a typical behavioral response, by saying blaming people for doing it to themselves?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

But … This is your idea.

Have you not made yourself that "bright thinker" by voicing the concept in the first place?

I hope I'm the first, but sadly that's usually not the case. Ideas spread like waves. If you can think of something new and mold breaking, I guarantee somebody else is thinking of it too and the race has started to see who can use it.

My intent is to voice it as a bad idea. That bright thinker I'm talking about thinks it's a good idea because it'd make money.

44 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

This is a logical addition to the game and would be a way to encourage spending money on items and slots.

DE, as a development team, has made some great decisions in the implementation and monetary mechanics of their game to become perhaps the best FTPMMO I have ever come across on the market. And they did this because they didn't make decisions that make players feel like they're just making a cash grab like EA does.

This is not a logical addition to the game. Not at all. The very reasons you say that it would be a bad thing, that it would frustrate players and make them mad, is precisely why it isn't logical at all financially. It wouldn't even really be a good short term money as more players would quit playing, reducing sales of Forma, Reactors, and other small monetary bonuses that provide a significant amount of steady cash flow for DE. This "idea to encourage money spending" is actually the lousiest idea to encourage money spending, and is more befitting of something some business man in a conference room at EA might suggest than the developers at DE which don't just produce this game, but play it as well, and have not just a financial interest in it, but a personal one to create an enjoyable game.

Edited by xZeromusx

6 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

Yes it is. It would mirror a natural real world mechanic called atrophy.

That's your reasoning? Are you for real? If you weren't a founder I'd just write you off as a fake account made to troll people.  Nah, actually... You're still a troll.

Well, I guess you threw out 200 dollars just to make a troll account. Not gonna judge your life choices, but it seems silly to me.

Thanks for the daily sensible chuckle. You got me.

sensible chuckle GIF

Can’t tell if this is a troll post or not, either way though DE won’t do this. For arguments sake though let’s say they do add this into the game. Not only would that cause an insane uproar from the community, but it would also probably cause a lot of players to leave the game, which DE obviously doesn’t want that happen.