The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! Ɨ

some more thoughts on endgame

bananaphantom

Thinking is a dangerous past time I can't stop myself from doing so I have even MORE incoherent thoughts about this junk I want to spew out to the world like the girl from the exorcist.

mmo's are some of the hardest games to make and it's been interesting to watch over the years how the companies that make them interact with the people who play them. To nobody's surprise it's usually a situation where the people who play it want something they think would make the game more funĀ and the developer has to balanceĀ both their limitations and other interests to determine if what their asking is possible (with many, many many many many factors unknown to the players taken into consideration). In a way it's a kind of economics game where both groups are trying to expend the least amount of resources possible to get what they're looking for (ideally the players not having to make a lot of noise to get the developer's attention, and the developer putting in wanted features to the best of their ability, efficiently, and while also satisfying other factors that only they are aware of).

So, it's going to sound extremely odd when I say that I actually came back to warframe after I happen to stumble on Rahetalius's channel and began looking into the whole moderator thing. It wasn't so much about the moderation issues I was interested in, but more about how Rahetalius put his head on the line to speak out about something he was concerned in a way that would be both grab attention and potential hate, DE's original response, and their introspection of their own response later on. People don't go to those kind of measures unless they really care about something, and weirdly that signaled to me that there is more to warframe than I realized.

Wait, what does this have to do with endgame? So what I'm trying to get to is kind of a strange idea but here's the jist of it: developers of aĀ game are both the people who make it and play it, as in you should consider the people who play itĀ part of the company in a sense. If you had a team working on a new game and half of the team decided to take it in a different direction, that game would never get past the drawing board. When your community is going in one direction and your going in another you should consider this a similarĀ situation. From looking through the history of updates of the game they are more than a few times where people wanted one thing but instead got something else (aĀ Ivara augment comes to mind). I'm 100000% sure these situations had good intentions to it but making and breaking promises makes for poor relationships.

So this is not so much a specific suggestion about endgame but more of a suggestion that both groups need to cooperate more in the future. In other words you should give the other half of your development team more ability to alter the game how they see fit.

• Like 1