Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient Amalgam Mod Drops Bugged (again)

FallenFlame

The "sentient" class amalgam enemies that spawn in the secret rooms on Jupiter missions have several exlusive mods that they are supposed to drop.

These specific mods (Anti-Grav Array, Odomedic, Gale Kick, and Kavat's Grace) appear to be bugged once again, the enemies appear to be bugged where they don't actually drop the mods. The enemies appear to drop a mod when you kill them, but upon picking up the mod you don't actually get a pickup notification, and no mod is listed in your mission rewards.

This bug was listed as fixed in Hotfix 25.0.4 "Fixed Kavat's Grace, Gale Kick, Anti-Grav Array, and Odomedic not actually dropping from Amalgam enemies.", but it appears to have become broken once again in one of the subsequent patches, since this is appears to be the same thing that was occurring prior to that patch when it was fixed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it possible that these mods are bugged again? 

I've run 98 Jupiter missions (capture and exterminate) over the past few days.  I roughly estimate I've hit 200 secret rooms and killed 600+ amalgams that drop these mods.  I haven't managed to acquire a single one of these mods during this span. 

I believe I've experienced the issue where the mods drop but when you pick them up it doesn't pop up revealing what you got, the same use case the OP expressed.

Confirmation that it is or is not working as intended would be much appreciated - thank you.

Provided is a screenshot I took this evening while running a mission on Ananke.  One of the amalgams dropped what otherwise looked like a mod.  When marked, it came up as Hexenon and when I picked it up it was in fact Hexenon.  I recall similar reports about Orokin Cells looking like mod drops related to Amalgam enemies; is this related to unconfirmed issues with Amalgam mods I reported earlier, problematic but unrelated to Amalgam mods, or simply working as intended?  Completely unrelated, the floor textures in this room look amazing.ossIgIC.jpg

For comparison, later in the same mission, I took another screenshot of Hexenon from a broken container with the correct Hexenon drop graphic.J7ampbI.jpg

I ran some more missions last night without vacuum to get a better view of the drops.  On one mission, I killed an Amalgam Cinder Machinist and out sprang 2 mods from it's corpse at the same time - one was a Motus Setup and the other one was an Orokin Cell.  It looked like two mods but only one of them really was a mod.  I'll try to get a video of this tonight and post for review.

Edited by H8RAID

On 2019-09-12 at 5:25 PM, H8RAID said:

I ran some more missions last night without vacuum to get a better view of the drops.  On one mission, I killed an Amalgam Cinder Machinist and out sprang 2 mods from it's corpse at the same time - one was a Motus Setup and the other one was an Orokin Cell.  It looked like two mods but only one of them really was a mod.  I'll try to get a video of this tonight and post for review.

This is normal, as the Sentient Amalgams have three separate drop tables: the Set mods, a Resource table (Hexenon/Neurals/O. Cells), and the bugged Rare mods. When the resource table gets rolled, it pops up as a mod for whatever reason.

I did manage to record the bug actually occurring, which is identical to the first time the bug happened. The enemy drops a mod, which can be marked as "Module", but picking it up does absolutely nothing:

and here's a link to it happening to me three months ago: 

• Like 1

A bug involving the gas city secret labs and the 4 rare mods: Odomedic, Gale Kick, Anti Grav Array and Kavat's Grace

The primary issue I noticed after 70+ secret labs with a nekros was that literally none of the mods were dropping at all. Now I know the chances are low but they aren't that low, I'd killed enough of the amalagams to at least see one of the mods i didn't want. So I took off my Vacuum and tried again. Then I noticed a possible cause to my lack of new mods to mess around with (Screenshot below).

A similar issue to this one happened a while back with the mods displaying as Orokin Cells, for me they were displaying as Hexenon as seen in the screenshot. Now a mod displaying as Hexenon would be a funny visual glitch that wouldn't be that big a rush to fix, a mod displaying Hexenon when it is actually supposed to be a mod I am trying to farm making it impossible to farm it? That is a serious issue that cost me a few hours of grinding for nothing.

I checked the Warframe Market and while there are some listings nobody was actually online whenever I checked, perhaps the bug was fixed for a time and broke later? I know I have seen a few youtube videos of people using things like Odomedic. This could just be a visual glitch and somehow killing 210+ minimum of these amalgam enemies with a nekros wasn't enough (Probably killed a lot more then that).

Any help would be appreciated, if anyone viewing this owns one of the aforementioned mods, when did you get it and roughly how many labs did it take you? To get a picture of that just see how many of the captura scenes you have. I don't have any information on the playthroughs of other people, only a few facts that seem to point to the mods dropping properly, but before they dropped as Orokin Cells making them impossible to farm for a while and now I have a screenshot of mods dropping as Hexenon.

Edit: This post has been edited to clarify details as much as possible and conform to the guidelines for reporting bugs, my previous post is directly bellow to avoid chronological confusion.

I have been farming the gas city secret labs for a while, over 70 labs done with 0 of the rare mods collected. I then noticed other people had similar issues MONTHS ago. I was farming as Nekros solo on these just to get it done with no luck, sure it's possible that I got super unlucky with the 0.5% chance of them supposedly dropping but no. I took Vacuum off of my sentinel and tried again to see if I could get better data.

I took a screenshot, Not sure how to upload it since i need to insert image from URL but when I figure it out I'll add the image here. But you can test for yourself, the mod I marked on the screenshot showed that it wasn't even a mod, it was hexenon. Wasn't the old glitch the mods being an Orokin Cell? DE just give us the damn mods, I really want to mess around with them but clearly there is some issues still unresolved with the Secret Lab mods.

Edit: ScreenshotqMiAsrj.jpg

Edited by DandereAkali
title and bug guideline fix

Ok, not sure if it is just Hexenon dropping as a mod and not actually related to the secret lab's mods. Still been doing this for a while, all 3 dropped from one of the unique amalgam enemies in the secret labs. Anyone else able to confirm if hexenon drops as a mod for anyone else? If anyone sees this? Going to stop grinding personally, it's been a while of grinding and it seems like it is indeed glitched.zknAK7i.pngmLv8KPQ.pngNvfcn9m.png

This is absolutely fascinating! And yes, you're in the right place - Game glitches and game bugs belong in the appropriate bug report sections of the Forums while the Support website deals with things such as exploits, account-specific issues, technical problems and problems with fellow players.
Now, in order to actually start understanding what's happening, how about editing the thread with the required info stated in the official bug reporting guidelines? You can find a shortened version of that in the latest bug reporting megathread pinned on top of the bug reporting subforum (this one, where your thread has been submitted).
As it goes, the more detail, the better. If we have proper steps of reproduction, we can see if it happens to everyone or if it's just an edge case scenario where your log file will also be needed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the Sentient Amalgams drop 4 special mods in a special additional item drop.

Mod TT 20pxKavat's Grace 25.00%
Mod TT 20pxAnti-Grav Array 25.00%
Mod TT 20pxGale Kick 25.00%
Mod TT 20pxOdomedic 25.00%

well this modpackage does drop but when you pick them up they dont appear in your rewardslist. Also it appears that one of the drops appears as a mod but it is in fact hexenon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vr3reciznvxwf9n/Screenshot 2019-10-05 12.43.27.png?dl=0
mod being hexenon

https://www.dropbox.com/s/30h9nc091j2kcya/Screenshot 2019-10-05 12.50.07.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1s8dxd09nwgec3r/Screenshot 2019-10-05 12.50.14.png?dl=0
Module dropped but when picked up it didnt show.

Dear DE employee i got the EE.log saved on my pc so if you would like it just contact me.

Jupiter - any mission - secret laboratories

Mobs - Amalgam Arca Kucumatz - Amalgam Cinder Machinists - Amalgam Arca Heqets - Amalgam Phase MOA - Amalgam Swarm Satyr

While farming the Secret labs for the Kavet grace - Gale kick - Odomedic - Anit grav array mod, I found that I was picking up the mods, but they were not registering in my rewards as mods, but were registering as some other reward,it would say I picked up a Orokin cell or Hexenon. As far as I know, Orokin cells are not obtainable from Jupiter, unless dropped by a stalker/invasion and/or Assasination boss.

Speculation - The mods that should drop are not labelled correctly on the loot table and are being replaced with something else. Orokin cells/Hexenon!

I have sent the EE log to support as a ticket, and I will link this report in the ticket as well, and hopefully they can get to the bottom of this.

This is a video I edited from my stream showing the mods being picked up and other loot being given as a reward. Sorry for the quality, either my bitrate was set too low, or mixer downgrades the file for download. I am new to mixer, so not entirely sure.