[DE]Rebecca

Wukong Deluxe: Hotfix 25.5.3

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed missing subtitles after first login due to a Daily Tribute bug. 

Nice. That "Daily first win - bonus awarded! " subtitle will make more players know about the double credits you get for the 1st mission after logging in every day.
http://prntscr.com/op8tmj
Any chance that can work for index rewards as well, instead of using sortie stage 3 to get the max bonus?

Edited by IronHair

sorry but this is about as fun as a archwing mission, time and resources could have definitely, have been better used...just my 2 cents 

• Like 1

Just now, SnowWarFr said:

Yes, Red Text. You will see a correlation right now.

yup people wouldn't have to find ways to cheese it if the rewards matched the time taken.

instead of ignoring peoples complaints and making it harder (well more boring) all they needed to do was lower the amount of pearls needed to buy stuff. 

this was a fun game mode. just not 9 hours worth of fun.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

You need to double the reward, or give boni for "kills" in the gamemode. I know its an active event, but it burns out large parts of the community who just want those "neat" things which than require 50 to 100min of the same gameplay without even gun/frame/tile/enemy varaity.

Still huge thumbs up to the idea. actualy love it, but the first look at the store prieces made me want to quite the game right there. Still grind my teeth to get through the same. its a "fun event", right?

Edited by KorpNoobs
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, EquinoxPrime said:

It was fun at first, and Kela was adorable, but a strict 5 min timer for exactly 50 Pearls when you need 4,050 for everything (excluding the mods, as you can get them from Kela herself) is a little... much. 

Indeed. For an event as small as this, a grind lasting 1-3hrs is fine, but a grind lasting 6-12hrs for most people is a bad thing. Very, very bad thing considering the reward cannot be directly determined by the players themselves.

Edit: By rewards, I meant the pearls earned at the end of each Dog Days round.

Edited by SnowWarFr
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, -EPECb- said:

T5B2LxT.png  DE, please, look into Garuda. You see? She’s crying. Her eyes are full of tears. She needs your help. Do not pass by… please.

What's your problem with her?

• Like 1

It is far more important to avoid people using an exploit to make a boring event less boring...:thumbdown:

19 minutes ago, Wevi said:

Where is my block button?
eletromagnetic shielding and the aggro draw mod are completely useless right now.

• Like 3

you want people active in the event, excellent, agreed! except the Soaktron is awful, (you could stuff this down their throats and still miss!) and the Pearl costs reek of disrespected time. make it enjoyable with better equipment and make it viable with lesser costs, or you simply won't get that activity... because to be blunt, the event is not yet worth that, not while still this badly tuned.

constructive criticism and tweak recommendations aside, i really do like the event idea; such lighthearted stuff is a welcome change of pace, would love to see more. register one vote for a pool noodle melee! 🙂

• Like 5

So nothing changed about the horrible price of the floofs or the fact that you cant get more pearls with more kill. 

If an incentive to kill was présent maybe people would not hug tree or use the exploit . Even if you were to patch the tree thing people could still use all the jump and aim glide mod + zephyr get 1 kill and jump everywhere on the map up until the 5 min is done 

I will repeat it .. there is no incentive to get more kill so why kill the executionners at all

Why not make it  something like get 50 kill and the mission is done like rathuum so technically you get more pearls/hours. . Or just give us 1 Pearl per 2 kill or something similar to that . 

Im really dissapointed by the lack of créativity there sorry 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Adding incentive to kills will stop the players from AFKing in groups. Give extra pearls per kill or something. 

• Like 5

Just now, MunsuLight said:

Why not make it  something like get 50 kill and the mission is done like rathuum so technically you get more pearls/hours. . Or just give us 1 Pearl per 2 kill or something similar to that . 

Exactly! :)

• Like 1

So when will Nakak's reward store prices and front be updated now that you "fixed" solo afk farming. Maybe we could have had the route of the problem fixed instead

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, XanZath said:

No actual improvements to Dog Days? Bummer, it's a snoozefest

Yeaaaaahhhh...

I mean, at least it's a fix of an actual exploit - I figured they were considering using high rocks to "pause" the action (even if not the game) an exploit when I first read the RedText.  So I guess they are taking the low route of allowing people to still AFK (just without exploitation) for reward farming rather than fixing the actual issue that the rewards are unobtainable without a grind that is completely unrealistic for what anyone would want to do in just the next week out of a goof-off game mode.  I guess they're just going to consider things "fixed" because you can "have fun" participating if you want or get the rewards for free by just going AFK, thus giving us the apparent "freedom" to engage it on whatever level of enthusiasm we have... while ignoring the fact people feel compelled to AFK in the first place because the mode is so fundamentally flawed.

What boggles my mind is they already did this game mode RIGHT in the version that it is SPOOFING (Rathuum). In Rathuum, you aim for a target number of kills (25) so you are rewarded for fighting as fast and furious as possible.  It rewards you for engagement.  Dog Days just holds you hostage for 5 minutes, on the threat that you'll never seen these exclusive items again (or most likely, until next year - knowing DE and their lack of permanent exclusivity outside of the Founder package) if you don't grind a couple hours a day over the entire event at a bare minimum just to acquire the exclusive items alone.  And don't get me started on the noob-trap Executioner mods, for which you could easily farm an entire SET from Sedna assassinate faster than getting the pearls for ONE of them from Dog Days.

No one wants to spend 2 hrs a day, every day, for over a week in a game mode that just holds you hostage for 5 minutes at a time.  That should be obvious.  Even the most mind-numbing farms in all of Warframe can at least be spiced up when they get boring by switching your loadout and trying out different weapons or warframe abilities for variety during the long grind.  Dog Days takes away everything and gives you just the same squirt gun every time... and rewards you only for existing within the match, not for actually participating in any way.  It's deeply flawed and would be perfectly fair and fun (and the rewards more realistic to farm) if it just worked like Rathuum with 50 pearls every time your team scores 25 points (and the match ENDING RIGHT THEN), but instead lets spend the time searching for the bugs in the code that allowed the timer to tick down in a pause menu while leaving the mode broken and boring...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, Cirrus said:

Ten missions a day or less and you can get everything before the event ends and you don't have to try to get everything in one day, that's why it lasts several days

Yes hello, thanks for not addressing the rest of my point.

• Like 1

You can still camp on terrain and wait 5 minutes after 1 kill. 
Would be great to reward activity:  

participate = 20 Pearls

min. 10 kills = 40 Pearls

min. 20 kills = 60 Pearls

min. 30 kills = 80 pearls

Seems fair and doesn't make it a big competition for kills

Maybe add beam/shotgun/other soaker or melee pool noodle.

Like the event a lot but it is VERY repetitive and keeps me from actually grinding regular stuff

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Budumpshh said:

Adding incentive to kills will stop the players from AFKing in groups. Give extra pearls per kill or something. 

This ^ currently there is no reason to even try. Please make the pearls match the score or make it first to 50 so the game time can be shortened,

The game mode is A LOT of fun. It's a nice change and I really enjoy playing it when I do...but being forced into 5 minutes of game play to only be given 50 pearls rather we have a score of 0 or 200 is.....disheartening. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed an exploit where the mission timer would continue to run when paused in Solo mode which awarded players victory & rewards for the score

Really no changes to the event to actually give incentive to play it and not afk the whole time?

• Upvote 1

Why didn't you fix the reason people where exploiting it instead of just the exploit? The water guns are unfun and the enemy pathing is too erratic to hit them when the guns do decide to fire a projectile.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Fixed an exploit where the mission timer would continue to run when paused in Solo mode which awarded players victory & rewards for the score.

Players have been asking for anyhting to make this event more tolerable and have participation rewarded (killing reducing mission time, enemies dropping pearls on kill, getting so many kills as a team gives an extra pearl bonus, etc), and literally the only thing you can bother to bring yourselves to do is fix an exploit people were using to get around the eight plus hour drag you gave us? Then you go and be snarky in Red Text about "running studies on people using exploits and complaining about the game being boring to see if there's any correlation"? You dug this hole, DE, and if you're too ignorant to see what simple ways people have been asking to improve this mode to make it less of a grind, you shouldn't be surprised when we find whatever is the most efficient way to go without burning ourselves out on horribly repetitive content.

I don't know why I'm surprised, really. After all, "OnLy ThE mOsT dEdIcAtEd SoAkErS gEt ThE hIgHeSt TiEr ReWaRdS," right? Well, time to go be "dedicated" by sitting in a tree, alt-tabbing the game, and watching some Youtube for the next few hours, checking back periodically to reset the mission.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

Thank you for the hotfix, waiting for a hotfix where the watergun gets fixed and wont have a 2-3m range of shooting anymore, i literally aim at the enemy and i dont even kill them, i literally stand in front of their face, risk getting killed and then i finally can do some nice 40 damage.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Cirrus said:

Ten missions a day or less and you can get everything before the event ends and you don't have to try to get everything in one day, that's why it lasts several days

edit: you have to repeat the last match of the event

1 hour of sitting there doing absolutely nothing per day for 10 days sure does sound like the best event I've ever heard of

• Like 4

Just now, FaithRose said:

This ^ currently there is no reason to even try. Please make the pearls match the score or make it first to 50 so the game time can be shortened,

The game mode is A LOT of fun. It's a nice change and I really enjoy playing it when I do...but being forced into 5 minutes of game play to only be given 50 pearls rather we have a score of 0 or 200 is.....disheartening. 

True. We like the game mode, truly. It's fun, light-hearted, and reminds me greatly of Splatoon, but...

The game is fun, but it's *repetitive*. Not only that, but with the way the mechanic works, it really hurts to actively try and kill enemies. (My poor fingers.)

As it is now, we basically are just playing for the rewards, and the afk is a very welcome thing for us to do, since playing for 5 minutes (plus another minute of loading time) to get 50 is..... bad. We do love the event, though.

Please more stuff from Nakak. Can't get enough of her sassy attitude.

• Like 1

How about adding an incentive to be active during a match by awarding bonus pearls when you compete in the highest level version? Say a number equal to whatever the score difference was at the final whistle. Your team gets 105 kills but also suffers 5 deaths so everyone gets 100 bonus pearls at the end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kinzuko said:

Why didn't you fix the reason people where exploiting it instead of just the exploit? The water guns are unfun and the enemy pathing is too erratic to hit them when the guns do decide to fire a projectile.

Agreed to this point too. The weapons have been heavily inconsistent and the enemies get some weird super speed or auto one hit kills.

• Upvote 1