Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Separation Of Power And Utility.

Aspari

This thread addresses the issue of having cool utility mods that you want to use but never have enough space in your core build to use. Like the title says, separation of power and utility.

Below is the idea.

Integrate all Warframe abilities into the Warframe itself, meaning that Warframe abilities have their own window to view them as opposed to having Warframe abilities mixed in with upgrade mods. Warframe mods ARE NOT UPGRADE MODS NOR SHOULD THEY BE UPGRADE MODS. So this means that all Warframe abilities are available at unranked - 30.

Reasoning: Referring to when I was a new player, I just wanted to feel like a bad &#! right away. I couldn't do that though. Everything was locked away and I was forced to go through the game with a regular third person shooter experience. That wasn't very fun. But when I got to the abilities I started to have a lot of fun. They should be available at all times. Now, for the addressing of the "no space for utilities" issue, this would help a lot. By making Warframe abilities have their own "upgrade window", the window we use now for upgrading our Warframes is purely for utility modules. That means that you can now put that Intruder or Parry mod on your Warframe now without sacrificing space for your survivability mods and Warframe power upgrades.

Abilities are in the game as mod cards because they had plans for a second set of abilities for people to choose from. No idea if that is still on the table however since DE have become pretty closed lipped.

It also seems to make it easier to switch out abilities... remember how Rhino went from fist pound, to roar?

I think they should simply create more Utility mods and make the existing ones stronger, so people would be much more likely to choose a Utility build than the traditional Power build.

You know, things like:

"Increase falling speed required to cause a roll"

"+___ dodge distance"

"Improve jump height"

"Improve horizontal&vertical maneuverability of Wall Runs by ___" (basically, letting you turn sideways slightly on Vertical runs, and letting you move up and down slightly on Horizontal runs, depending on where camera faces)

"+___% Power Activation speed"

etc etc.

Definitely better than simply giving us four more mod slots, which will squash what little variety mod builds already have.

Edited by SortaRandom

I think they should simply create more Utility mods and make the existing ones stronger, so people would be much more likely to choose a Utility build than the traditional Power build.

You know, things like:

"Increase falling speed required to cause a roll"

"+___ dodge distance"

"Improve jump height"

"Improve horizontal&vertical maneuverability of Wall Runs by ___" (basically, letting you turn sideways slightly on Vertical runs, and letting you move up and down slightly on Horizontal runs, depending on where camera faces)

"+___% Power Activation speed"

etc etc.

That sounds all well and good, but I wouldn't give up my power mods for that.

why we would you remove the little variety we have in builds? with all 8 slots for regular mods you could fit most everything on...the ability cards make you make tactical decisions of passive buffs and your abilities

Did you forget how many more utility mods we received? It's not going to remove any variety at all.

yeah well he has a point

its not like there is not enough space under your warframe window where  you see potato and forma - plenty of space under it to add 4 slots to be abilities only

with all the mods right now we need more mod space

abilities shouldn't cost any point either to equip

this way maybe we will start using the block/parry mods or some other S#&$ - good reason to use formas on the frame also - which means more lvling - which means more gametime

Edited by syle

I don't get this.

When you first start the game, you go through the tutorial where they show you how to use your powers. Once the tutorial is over, you don't have a single power to start with.

It's an extremely confusing part of being a new player where they think, "But I just used that power 2 minutes ago... why am I not able to use it now?"

a) ideas like this need to be put in gameplay feedback. theres a sticky at the top of this forums SAYING EXACTLY that. 

b) you are badass already. you have shields, can take out multiple enemies by yourself, your charge hit can instakill the first grineer you come across with your sword. You dont need your abilities to be badass. you just think you do. your warframe is badass enough already you just dont know it yet!

a) ideas like this need to be put in gameplay feedback. theres a sticky at the top of this forums SAYING EXACTLY that. 

b) you are badass already. you have shields, can take out multiple enemies by yourself, your charge hit can instakill the first grineer you come across with your sword. You dont need your abilities to be badass. you just think you do. your warframe is badass enough already you just dont know it yet!

Warframe=Vanquished... more powerful tech in the universe, wielded by the most skilled warriors period...

Except this thread isn't feedback, it's an idea.