Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days Exploit Hot Fix Red Text, Don't talk down at your supporters DE

Klokwerkaos

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I hope DE have some ideas how to balance thing out when we get to Tau. And not just more of the same old render-you-frame-powers-useless-cos-we-are-immune-and-laugh-in-your-face kinda things.

That will never happen. You know why? This game is just to diverse. You cant by any chance have balanced and challenging gameplay when you have unkillable tank Inaros on one end and banshee on the other that will die if enemy looks at her funny, you cant have good boss fights when you have bilion dmg buffer Chroma and Volt and Vauban and Loki that just cant do that. You can see glimpses of that problem in tridolon fight. You have few meta frames, few usable and most useless. It just has no way of working. Then there is another major problem. Players in general dont like forced coop, that was the major flaw raids had. Than another problem is itemization in warframe. Once you get all shiny from content there will be no reason to ever go back. In short : to create endgame you would have to change warframe in ways that would make it different game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

Just like playing the game to begin with is merely OPTIONAL.

Think about it, if people keep useing this same excuse, everyone will just leave, it's like telling someone not to buy the game, cuz it's optional, "If you don't like it, don't buy it" was one of the words that came out of a Dev (EA Or activation, not sure who) and guess what everyone did?, exclay what they where told to do. 

Do you think it will be wise, for everyone to just quit the game and have no one play it?, No.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

2 hours ago, Birkenhoff said:

Looks like that meme trend is over. 

I guess that depends on the person, although there is a clear difference between "Trash Talking" and "Making a Joke" but to be fair, the memes in Warframe are a bit, eh lack of taste. Well all expect one.

THE SS-JOJO!

18 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Which goes against the power fantasy some of us would like to experience or thought we would experience in Warframe at the beginning.

You would still have that power fantasy though. Want to mow thousands of enemies down or open relics etc? There's your fantasy.

Get past a point (but not 3+ hours for endurance folk), in this case level 60-70 range (again, scaling would be changed so you can have your power fantasy), and enemies get a bit harder and you need to plan ahead etc. 

This also opens up for effects that've had no purpose to get some much needed updates, like status duration/max ammo etc. 

Basically, level 50 and below is ez street as most of the game is now, including sorties.  Past level 60 is where abilities start to wane in power (they'll be useful, but won't be as dominant as they are/were on lower levels). Now you'll need good weapons as well, and with rivens being repurposed for utility rather than stack sticks, more weapons can actually be buffed to be useful on their own without the need for 300%+ damage/multishot rivens.  Meaning more flexibility when modding the weapons.

Edited by Tinklzs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

Yes, mods are optional..... You have the option to use or not use what ever mods you want. The game to easy? Stop useing serration..... Or take that riven you clutch in a death grip, off. The whole point of warframe is player choice. 

As someone that does make a habbit of running out and doing random load out auto install sorties and arbs, this is purely antagonistic.

Yes, of course players have the "option" just like they have the option to not play at all ever again...

But the point of giving feedback is to help make the game better from the perspective of the person giving it, and it's a long standing issue that power in warframe is enough to cream all content into irrellavence for most people by the time they are MR 16 or so if they are Free to play (mostly or exclusively) players.  What that means is about half of the game's progression is excess overkill and makes all of that content after that point completely irrelevant filler, and that's a legitimate gripe.

You can disagree that it is not a problem for you personally, but to deny that this long standing, long complained about in droves issue, is a non issue, is simply to ignore reality, that many many players have a serious problem with this aspect of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Klokwerkaos said:

As someone that does make a habbit of running out and doing random load out auto install sorties and arbs, this is purely antagonistic.

Yes, of course players have the "option" just like they have the option to not play at all ever again...

But the point of giving feedback is to help make the game better from the perspective of the person giving it, and it's a long standing issue that power in warframe is enough to cream all content into irrellavence for most people by the time they are MR 16 or so if they are Free to play (mostly or exclusively) players.  What that means is about half of the game's progression is excess overkill and makes all of that content after that point completely irrelevant filler, and that's a legitimate gripe.

You can disagree that it is not a problem for you personally, but to deny that this long standing, long complained about in droves issue, is a non issue, is simply to ignore reality, that many many players have a serious problem with this aspect of the game.

I provide a solution and i'm called antagonistic..? Me thinks you don't understand the meaning of the word. Simply put, if you think the game is to easy then the logical solution is to challenge ones self. Remove your power. It's on you.

Coming to a forum to say,"your game is to easy for vets" is silly. Why wouldn't it be? Vets have mastered the game. Screams no brainer to me. If you want the newb challenge equip the newb gear.... Stop using the gear that is giving you the edge. Get guder.. If you are as good as you think you'll rise to the challenge. I think you'll just keep crying to DE , " make me unbored!. Expecting them to stop what they are doing, because your bored. DE themselves encurages players to......wait for it....... Play other games if you burnt, tired or bored. Come back later.

On the same hand you cry about the new player experience, I find funny, since DE only show off the fact they know and obviously are taking steps to make it better.... You all can't even wait for it and your crying,"DE doesn't care and doesn't listen"..... You have no idea what thier plan is, but feel justified in your "feedback".

You also arroganly assume old vets never went through the new player experience. I assure you, newbies now have it way better and easier.

• Like 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Circle_of_Psi:

I guess that depends on the person, although there is a clear difference between "Trash Talking" and "Making a Joke" but to be fair, the memes in Warframe are a bit, eh lack of taste. Well all expect one.

THE SS-JOJO!

Yeaaa, you know, I didn't know I ended up in "serious Warframe business". 

THE SS-WTF!

9 hours ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

Simply put, if you think the game is to easy then the logical solution is to challenge ones self.

I see, so providing feedback is illogical?

Do you want to suggest that to DE? After all, they're the ones who implemented a feedback section.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, kuciol said:

That will never happen. You know why? This game is just to diverse. You cant by any chance have balanced and challenging gameplay when you have unkillable tank Inaros on one end and banshee on the other that will die if enemy looks at her funny, you cant have good boss fights when you have bilion dmg buffer Chroma and Volt and Vauban and Loki that just cant do that. You can see glimpses of that problem in tridolon fight. You have few meta frames, few usable and most useless. It just has no way of working. Then there is another major problem. Players in general dont like forced coop, that was the major flaw raids had. Than another problem is itemization in warframe. Once you get all shiny from content there will be no reason to ever go back. In short : to create endgame you would have to change warframe in ways that would make it different game.

Sure it can happen, if they do a mechanics and damage tweak pass for Tau. Steve has already mentioned that they are looking into it for railjack. We'll just have to see how it ends up. You also dont need forced co-op, honestly I have no idea where you got that from to begin with. I also dont see the problem with boss fights, you seem to not think outside the box. I wouldnt call Eidolons bosses really anyways. They more act like world encounters in most games i.e walking loot pinatas with some special attacks here and there. If Chroma and his buff happens to be an issue there is always the option of damage ceilings/caps on bosses that would simply mean that Vex just helps the group reach that cap but not be a 1HK enabler. Just as they can make all different kinds of mechanics.

Lets say you have a boss that may be durable to electrical damage and crit immune but weak to the electrical status proc. That would mean Volt's shield would be useless for crit, just as any electrical damage source would be useless aswell, however given the nature of the weakness to the status proc, Volt suddenly gets a new use in the group since he can either stun the boss (with diminishing return of course) through his skills or enable the whole group to stun the boss through the added electrical damage from his shield or #1 (if he uses the augment). Another example would be a boss that is an armored monstrosity based on acid blood with acid resistant skin that is immune to corrosive damage but not the corrosive armor strip proc. There are plenty of mechanics they can add to bosses to make them viable encounters and give specific frames specific roles. The only thing they'd also have to do is make them all immune to negative aura effects (like corrosive projection etc.).

Damage and defense scaling needs to be overhauled. We have a few outliers in our WF roster that needs to be brought inline because they are simply unhealthy for the game while the majority are fine as they are with a damage/defense overhaul across the board.

Outliers are Saryn, Volt, Enox and Inaros mostly, but Saryn, Volt and Enox can easily be brought inline by simply reducing the silly range. Inaros is mainly an issue because he (along with his companion) has abnormal health and too many ways to sustain it. They can easily redesign him into something more balanced.

A game should not be balanced around outliers, outliers should be rebalanced around the game.

And Warframe would not be a different game, because the WF we play now is the different game compared to the idea it had from the start. So rebalancing i.e making it more action packed and less afk AoE snoozefest would bring it to a state between the original and what we play now. It would still be a horde shooter with fast paced movement, maps just wouldnt happen to be cleared with a single press of a button. You'd actually have to play the game.

Edited by SneakyErvin

12 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Sure it can happen, if they do a mechanics and damage tweak pass for Tau. Steve has already mentioned that they are looking into it for railjack. We'll just have to see how it ends up. You also dont need forced co-op, honestly I have no idea where you got that from to begin with. I also dont see the problem with boss fights, you seem to not think outside the box. I wouldnt call Eidolons bosses really anyways. They more act like world encounters in most games i.e walking loot pinatas with some special attacks here and there. If Chroma and his buff happens to be an issue there is always the option of damage ceilings/caps on bosses that would simply mean that Vex just helps the group reach that cap but not be a 1HK enabler. Just as they can make all different kinds of mechanics.

Lets say you have a boss that may be durable to electrical damage and crit immune but weak to the electrical status proc. That would mean Volt's shield would be useless for crit, just as any electrical damage source would be useless aswell, however given the nature of the weakness to the status proc, Volt suddenly gets a new use in the group since he can either stun the boss (with diminishing return of course) through his skills or enable the whole group to stun the boss through the added electrical damage from his shield or #1 (if he uses the augment). Another example would be a boss that is an armored monstrosity based on acid blood with acid resistant skin that is immune to corrosive damage but not the corrosive armor strip proc. There are plenty of mechanics they can add to bosses to make them viable encounters and give specific frames specific roles. The only thing they'd also have to do is make them all immune to negative aura effects (like corrosive projection etc.).

Damage and defense scaling needs to be overhauled. We have a few outliers in our WF roster that needs to be brought inline because they are simply unhealthy for the game while the majority are fine as they are with a damage/defense overhaul across the board.

Outliers are Saryn, Volt, Enox and Inaros mostly, but Saryn, Volt and Enox can easily be brought inline by simply reducing the silly range. Inaros is mainly an issue because he (along with his companion) has abnormal health and too many ways to sustain it. They can easily redesign him into something more balanced.

A game should not be balanced around outliers, outliers should be rebalanced around the game.

And Warframe would not be a different game, because the WF we play now is the different game compared to the idea it had from the start. So rebalancing i.e making it more action packed and less afk AoE snoozefest would bring it to a state between the original and what we play now. It would still be a horde shooter with fast paced movement, maps just wouldnt happen to be cleared with a single press of a button. You'd actually have to play the game.

You see what you want is to change a game into Destiny. Destiny has everything you speak of and is different game. There is a reason why i play warframe and not other games you know. I dont want it less AoE oriented, i also think nuking whole maps shouldnt be a thing but thats different topic. You see the problem is if you want challenging endgame you would have to enforce coop. You would have to force teamplay in organized groups, otherwise it will not be challenging. But once you do that you lock out sizable portion of players from even attempting that content meaning you make content for basically nobody. You seem to not understand that game has ONLY outliers, you nerf 1 or 2 and others take their place. Nerf enough and nobody will want to play. You see after some time games attract certain types of players. Those that want engaging gameplay with bosses and raids play destiny already, those who want just to farm some stuff and bash heads looking awesome in the process play warframe. You say you dont see Eidolons as bosses and yet they are, i dare to say they are as hard content as you will ever get. Anything above that will just end up being empty.

En 9/8/2019 a las 7:05, (XB1)Rust Plague dijo:

This is what I get out of this whine fest....

1. Red text is mean DE, make it nice................

Some have a hard time with sarcasm. I say keep up the great work. 5 year player here and never once have I felt talked down too. 

2. The game is too easy....

Nerf yourselves.. Mods are OPTIONAL.....

3. There is no end game DE, make an end game...

Yet, know one gives a proper explination as to what end game is or should be. Just a mish mash of "make it harder - remember the vets". Technically, end game is where you end playing and..... do something else. I maintain Warframe's end game is what ever you choose it to be. 

1. The problem is that DE consider the "Warframe is Easy" mentality as a joke.

2. Why would you Nerf yourself , when you grinded hard to get those Fancy mods, you are not a New Player.

3. Lol, just search "endgame" on Forums or Reddit.

Edited by DOOMPATRIOT

15 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Bad PR can get you in a alot of trouble

The sad thing is this RedText thing isn't even that bad, it is just really tacky and was uncalled for.

But even thinking it is tacky and uncalled for around here causes people to go "You're salty because it called you out!" erstwhile forgetting that anything that is directed to a mass of people shouldn't be accusatory in the first place.

It was just a bad choice of words.

36 minutes ago, Aldain said:

The sad thing is this RedText thing isn't even that bad, it is just really tacky and was uncalled for.

t was just a bad choice of words.

Perhaps, but when devs do such a thing, it causes bad Beauvoir on both sides, just look a 2K, we start letting "Redtext" as the person is called, get away with such then they'll do it again and again, yet as soon as a player does something like that or part of the comminty is a "No no".

Makes you think don't it?

• Like 1

This could have been a carbon copy of a post I sent to support after host migration caused item loss.

The underlying problem is that nothing important has been genuinely fixed over 6 years. There are a million legitimate things to complain about. I can put up with events being lame, but the "beta" label is/was false advertising. DE has been guaranteeing that every single release of new content will be *fundamentally* broken and will also break old, unrelated features.

Once Chinaframe happened, the game's chance at developing a theme/lore/etc was toast. At this point, I'm rather convinced Chinese gaming companies are doing everything in their power to run everyone else into the ground. They carbon copy crappy Korean MMO features from the early 2000s and then shove said features into games where they don't belong, exactly the same way EA/etc shove microtransactions into everything.

"Dog days". Hopefully this isn't an allusion to old yeller. Or, if it is, I hope there are plans to turn over server software to the community. This is the first and only live service game I've ever put a dime into, and it's looking like it'll be the last.

...on that note, strange that nobody has tried to write a private server for Warframe yet. Not that I would suggest anyone look into such a thing, but you know, it would be interesting.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Perhaps, but when devs do such a thing, it causes bad Beauvoir on both sides, just look a 2K, we start letting "Redtext" as the person is called, get away with such then they'll do it again and again, yet as soon as a player does something like that or part of the comminty is a "No no".

Makes you think don't it?

A little bit of a slippery slope fallacy there, who's to say that DE hasn't already gone "Hey, don't do that again" internally already?

It would be best to reserve judgment for a mistake unless the same mistake is made again.

I am not condoning the Redtext being snippy whatsoever, but as long as it doesn't happen on a continual basis I could easily accept that somebody had a bad day or made a bad joke.

That said if it keeps happening and/or gets worse then there could be a whole slew of new issues.

I can't believe people are getting so upset at Redtext. All it ever does is make jokes, says naughty things and teasingly mock us sometimes. That's just how Redtext is. It's not like Steve is insulting us on every devstream. It's just Redtext...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Aldain said:

A little bit of a slippery slope fallacy there, who's to say that DE hasn't already gone "Hey, don't do that again" internally already, It would be best to reserve judgment for a mistake unless the same mistake is made again.

Who knows, but coming out publicly about it is wise, you kown, like an apology?, they go long way and the best way to do that is to face the Judgment and the mistake you made, you don't learn your lesson by thinking "Oppsie"

27 minutes ago, Aldain said:

As long as it doesn't happen on a continual basis I could easily accept that somebody had a bad day or made a bad joke.

Not really, things like this should never happen, period, you don't walk around on the streets saying some poor-tasted joke and expect everyone to laugh at it, same thing. Sure if it don't keep happing and you let one slide, but it has been happing on a continual basis.

31 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That said if it keeps happening and/or gets worse then there could be a whole slew of new issues.

Believe me it will.