The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Stop For A Minute And Look At The Big Picture

TheStag

Seriously, just look at the community. People are getting frustrated. There is too much grind and too little content actually keeping the players in the game. At this rate, Warframe will either have some huge revive and you all will fix some stuff in a few weeks, or Warframe will die. Adding more grind is not something keeping players in the game, it makes them leave. People want the new weapons, but wait.... we have to go to the derelicts to get mutagen... and what is at the derelicts? Multiple annoying game and computer crashes! Ya ya, we like your pretty new tileset, but it doesn't even work. People crash over and over, thus getting mad and quitting.

Warframe is going down hill. Add in more weekend events! Seriously, are artifact defenses or nightmare mod alerts that hard to make? Give us more content! We should have to work to get it, but days and days of grinding against a random number generator is ridiculous. You all need to fix something.... if not everything. I can't even get a Rhino thanks to RNG and all this shiz, and now I have no way of getting a substantial amount of credits like before. The void credit droprates were sadly nerfed, and this credit sink has nothing to stop it. There are all kinds of problems going on, and I haven't seen any hotfixes lately with the solutions. 

This game has such great potential, but it seems you all have ran out of ideas as of now. What about the Twin Queens, though? Why not have Lotus give us some more intel about them sucka's so we can know when to beat them up? 

I'd like to think of what DE is doing as an experiment to see what is acceptable in the community and what isn't. It's an on-going experiment they've been doing since closed beta. Sometimes they go way over the top imo, but things get fixed rather quickly, even if they break again later. As for better content... Let's just say better content takes time, creativity, and revision for it to be considered "better." They're trying, don't doubt it.

Content isn't the main issue so many of us are pissed off.

It's the fact that there are so many issues in the game that have been around for months, and DE has either ignored, or slapped a band-aid over them and deemed them as fixed.

That along with their questionable changes, and also (debatable) dishonesty.

You can't use "its beta" as an excuse anymore! Warframe has been in Beta for so long....

Pretty much.

So many devs these days use the term "beta" to justify its state.

While I agree that the games called beta deserve some leniency, it's not an excuse to just brush off all the S#&$ that happens.

The game is supposedly releasing in November.

That's 2 months. The fact that we're so far into the open testing means it can't be treated like early closed beta anymore.

Is 2 months enough for DE to sort the game out? doubtful.

You can't use "its beta" as an excuse anymore! Warframe has been in Beta for so long....

Yes we can. Beta in this case means soft release. Its core design isn't polished or finished, but it's still playable.

Edited by Aspari

A lot of games stay in Beta for years.

Basically we are guinea pigs for whatever changes  they make.

Case and point, games that are released do not undergo major mechanics changes.

And it's still in beta because it isn't finished which is traditionally when games leaves beta.  Beta isn't an excuse it's a state of the game.  Saying it is still in Beta is a clear message from the Devs that everything is (still) subject to change addition or removal and that the players should understand this and accept the game is incomplete and in a constant state of work.

You don't get to say when it's not in Beta, i don't get to say that, only the devs of a game can declare a game out of Beta.  A game out of beta with these kinds of issues is a different thing entirely.  So there's that.  

Many people have already invested over $100 into this game. Being a guinea pig and being messed around with is not what people payed for.

I've paid out. And I like being a part of a game at this stage where so much is fluid and subject to change. It means that, as a parts of the community, I have a say as to what happens. 

I don't feel screwed around. I feel involved.

That's 2 months for the PS4, no? It will still likely be considered as beta even on it, just that it's simply a launch title for the console.

There was a video of a DE member commentating on the ps4 version.

She said "The game is launching on November 15" (might not be 15th, I can't remember).

She didn't mention anything about beta at all. This could just be poor wording on her part, but the impression it gave is that the game is launching in 2 months.

All I have to say is...

Why so sad?

I am happy... Been happy through out this entire ordeal to be honest... *Unaffected since February... Still unaffected* Infact the 50 plat was nice... I have to thank you guys for complaining for no reason... Was nice to buy myself TONS of Forma and finally finish Acrid, and Dual Ichor... My younger brother even got himself more slots which was also nice I was going to buy him slots, but instead the 50 plat came and I was like... that's nice...

Both me and my younger brother were unaffected, and my clan didn't even notice anything was wrong... (Then again they rarely come on the forums) To be honest a lot of people never noticed anything was wrong, nor did anyone care...

I actually like that it's still in a beta mode. It means I get to vvatch vvarframe develop. It means I get vvay more play time on vvarframe than a game that vvas just released. It gives the devs freedom too to try nevv things and try and revamp entire aspects of the system. I think a lot of people forget that VVarframe is a a VVIP game at this stage and take it for a completed game. Even in beta though it's still better than a lot of games out there (and F2P)

I actually like that it's still in a beta mode. It means I get to vvatch vvarframe develop. It means I get vvay more play time on vvarframe than a game that vvas just released. It gives the devs freedom too to try nevv things and try and revamp entire aspects of the system. I think a lot of people forget that VVarframe is a a VVIP game at this stage and take it for a completed game. Even in beta though it's still better than a lot of games out there (and F2P)

It also means its like playing multiple games without ever changing games, and that you never know what the end result will be, which makes it exciting.

*Unaffected since February... Still unaffected* Infact the 50 plat was nice... I have to thank you guys for complaining for no reason...

Your reasoning is based on a few logical fallacies  (anecdotal evidence I think, and something about "Just because it didn't happen to me, means it didn't happen", whatever the term for that is.)

If there is a better FREE 2 PLAY GAME out there then go play that. No one tells you to play Warframe lol

That should never be the answer "If you dislike something, don't try to change it, just quit the game!"

Think it's a bit much to say that Warframe will die. I don't think the issue here is the lack of content; the issue is the problems the DE hasn't solved as their focus is to expand on content rather than to fix issues that have lurked for quite some time. 

Yes, I agree in the fact Warframe can be questionable at times to play as it can get repetitive but seeing the game change & have people suggest things, like this thread itself, is quite unique in it's own way. Warframe is interesting that way.

Your reasoning is based on a few logical fallacies  (anecdotal evidence I think, and something about "Just because it didn't happen to me, means it didn't happen", whatever the term for that is.)

That should never be the answer "If you dislike something, don't try to change it, just quit the game!"

or simply because the people who never come on the forums honestly don't care and are just playing the game... You know... people can play a game without ever complaining...I used to do it when I played Sonic 2, or Mario... fun games... I have played a lot of online games... Every online game without armored characters similar to Kamen rider, or no Mecha is an epic fail in my book automatically... hence I prefer Asian games... but now I prefer Canadian games... and I will always enjoy Bungie... well not the halo era that was lame, but I look forward to destiny...

Remember... Armored characters ftw... if your not a fully armored bad to the bone super warrior like vanquished, or Crysis... your not cool enough and I rate you 1/10.

or simply because the people who never come on the forums honestly don't care and are just playing the game... You know... people can play a game without ever complaining..

Or, people complain because they want something to change. Not sure how this is relevant though.

(Note, without complaining (a type of feedback) not a lot would change.)

At this point, after DE knowingly let us burn through all those void keys, after 'fixing' the drop tables, I don't trust them the way I used to. The whole series of events was just suspicious. The misinformation, some new store guy gets added with sales, we get refunded 50 platt, void keys go on sale for 55 platt... :|