Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Deluxe: Hotfix 25.5.4

[DE]Rebecca

It was afk simulator and now it's just kill stealing simulator. Why can't you make a normal fix? When you kill a dude at RATHUUM, you get endo AND everyone else gets endo. Why the hell only the person who made a kill at LATHUUM can get a pearl?

I hereby proclaim this event an official failure of game design. Such a basic concept botched by DE's desire to artificially prolong the game's life until the next big update. All you had to do, DE, was make a reasonable, quick, fun event mode that distracts the players for an hour or two at most. Instead you opted to unreasonably stretch it into a two-week grindfest. Tsk tsk tsk.

First Nightwave, then this. Newsflash: time-limited events pressuring you into playing or missing out are a no-no.

44 minutes ago, aznstifler said:

@[DE]Rebecca

In order to satisfy the requirements of: 1) No AFK'rs / leechers and 2) active gameplay:

I propose a solution of giving a pearl to everyone that 'kills' a target.  This way the afk/ leechers will get nothing, and if a player does any damage that does damage to a target, then that player and all players that attacked that target gets a personal kill/ extra pearl.  I AGREE that the entire party should NOT share in the kills of everyone in the party simply because i KNOW that will cause even MORE leechers to join pub matches and make every active player furious.

I believe that this solution would promote active gameplay.  Even if someone just runs around tagging everything just to get credit, that's better than just hiding in a tree.

Also.. if you really want to get rid of the afk issue.. simply remove all of the hiding spots in trees and water buoys and just make them cosmetic, and don't let 'leechers' get any credit if they die more than say 15 times in a match.

Thanks again for this interesting game-mode.

alternatively, the prices in the shop could simply be not terrible. 

Until then I'll get ten kills, run around the map getting 300 pearls every 5 rounds and refreshing this topic to actually have fun. 

3 minutes ago, AeliosZero said:

Well done with this hotfix. I really want to know whether this is recurring like Plague Star or Recurring like Thermia Fractures. There's a big difference and I can justify the cost if it repeats like thermia fractures. 

it'll repeat but likely only as often as plauge star. my guess spring break and later summer given the theme. 

Thanks for updates!

BTW: Is it known issue for Ivara on rope from skill not being able to throw luminous dye while trying to fish? There is no animation nor dye is being thrown, but You cant move for time the animation is supposed to Play.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Dog Days Tactical Alert Changes:

• Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls! 
  •  
  •  

Great, for someone who did it the original way and got over 2000 points kills before this change and has everything this sucks, just wish it was the same from the start not change things after all the hardcore grinders have done it, 😞 all this does for me is I'm going to wait when the next event comes out then wait a few days until all the complaining in the forums gets it changed.

I really liked this event it was something very different and fun and getting headshots with one water squirt was great, can't beat that headshot crack sound. 🙂

Conclave players paradise!!!   If your not an active player in the conclave missions the only reason to play this in multi- player mode instead of solo is you want to feed the conclave players!!   you will get 12 to 20 kills , 20 if your great  at it, while a conclave payer or 2 runs around snagging up on all the wounded enemies and get 60 kills. your better off going solo and getting 20 to 30  kills and not feeding those taking advantage of what should be considered an EXPLOIT! for conclave payers.

5 minutes ago, icodious said:

Conclave players paradise!!!   If your not an active player in the conclave missions the only reason to play this in multi- player mode instead of solo is you want to feed the conclave players!!   you will get 12 to 20 kills , 20 if your great  at it, while a conclave payer or 2 runs around snagging up on all the wounded enemies and get 60 kills. your better off going solo and getting 20 to 30  kills and not feeding those taking advantage of what should be considered an EXPLOIT! for conclave payers.

I don't play conclave, I now do this event solo and under this new system can come out with around 75 pearls and for a good run 80+ I know what you mean by others watching to see if enemies are wounded and get the easy finish. lol

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls

Not nearly enough.

When I played the mission properly in a full team, we'd get about a hundred kills per run, so let's go with that. Playing the mission properly now yields about 150 pearls for 5 minutes of your time. That means AFKing still gets you three times more pearls per unit of time actually spent in the game.

Edit: Oh, it's only your own kills. That's even worse. You can get what, 30 kills if you're doing well? Solo AFKing the mission gets you 50 pearls for 30 seconds of your time (because you just kill one guy, then alt+tab and do something else while the timer ticks down), playing properly gets you 80 pearls for 5 minutes. That means AFKing gets you six times more pearls per unit of time actually spent in the game.

Now the obvious solution is to make AFKing impossible, which I'm guessing is what the promised AI improvements are going to do. But obvious solutions are rarely correct. If players AFK content, it's because they don't find it fun. Forcing people to spend more time doing an unfun thing seems like a poor game design philosophy to me (unless the point is to 'motivate' them to pay-to-skip, which is not the case here). Dog Days has the same problem as almost all other content in WF, it overstays its welcome. It's a riot for twenty minutes, but getting everything other than mods from Nakak required seven hours; waaayyy too much. With this change it now takes two four hours. Better, but still too much.

Rather than force players to do something unfun, how about making that thing more fun? You can start by removing that hideously huge reticle. I mean, you make a completely skill-based game mode where you can't increase your stats* and the only weapon you have fires slow-moving, arcing projectiles, forcing you to carefully lead your targets... and then you slap a giant blobby reticle in the middle of the screen so that the player can't see where those projectiles are acually going? WTF?

* Other than a handful of mods that work due to what I assume is a simple oversight that will be patched out sooner or later.

your OWN kills.  Not team kills.  which prevents afk leeching, which is obvious.. leechers are everywhere in this game, so i agree that this 'no pearls for leechers' is by design.

if you think 7 hours is a bit much, then you're playing the wrong game.. ask anyone that rolls rivens .. 7 hours kuva farming is literally a drip in the bucket.. and no matter how much whining you do.. they're not going to change a grind based event to something you can complete in 2 hours.

i know you're hoping that they change it where we can use hitscan snipers, aoe staticor, or just our melee weapons to destroy the executioners.. but yea... good luck with that!!

9 hours ago, Nox_Terminus said:

So no change to the cost of Nakak items. With all due respect do you guys actually read feedback?

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls!  

Something a lot of people where asking for the past days, honestly they read the feedback and implement something the community wants and like the fourth comment is someone complaining they don't read feedback.

If they had cut Nakaks prices in half, people would be finished with this event in half the time. With the changes they actually introduced, people who actually play the event, will have everything in about half the time, while AFKers have to wait as long as they did before.

They also could have implemented fixes to prevent people from AFKing, but this way, people still can AFK if they want to, while people who don't, get rewarded more.

Most sensible solution.

15 minutes ago, Vethalon said:

If they had cut Nakaks prices in half, people would be finished with this event in half the time. With the changes they actually introduced, people who actually play the event, will have everything in about half the time, while AFKers have to wait as long as they did before.

Thing is, this event doesn't deserve to be as long as it is. It's a basic-bi-tch game mode with a single gimmick and broken hitscan. Why would we need to play this more than 2-3 hours at most?

11 hours ago, Nox_Terminus said:

So no change to the cost of Nakak items. With all due respect do you guys actually read feedback?

you are aware that 1 point per kill is easily 25-50 tokens on top of the 50 tokens per game, right? you just have to actually play and you get 50-100% more. By virtue that reduces the effective "time cost" of the items, and encourages you to actually play. I honestly don't know what else you want. to be able to get everything in 1-2 hours? 

honestly it just sounds like you are mad you will see the same duration needed for NOT playing and AFKing. God forbid they reward people who want to actually play with 2 times the pearls, and if you want to exploit and do nothing the whole game, you will need to do it 2 times as long to get the same rewards.

if you ask me, they DID listen. They are rewarding you for actually playing and trying, by reducing the time invested/needed to get everything 30-50% absolute bare minimum... WITH THE PREMISE YOU ACTUALLY PLAY AND DON'T EXPLOIT. i regularly get 30-50 points a game on my teams... so for me its a 30-50% reduction in time needed. and you could do EVEN BETTER than that if you can figure out how to optimize/camp spawns.

Regarding the pearls for kills, maybe also make that team wide?

Doesn't have to be the exact same as others ( for example: other 3 have 30 kills, you only 1, no need for everyone to have 91 total ) as that would be counter productive.

But maybe 1 pearl for each 4 total kills your team made? That way, each would just get 22 extra. ( 91/4=22)

2 minutes ago, ArturiaFayth said:

Regarding the pearls for kills, maybe also make that team wide?

Doesn't have to be the exact same as others ( for example: other 3 have 30 kills, you only 1, no need for everyone to have 91 total ) as that would be counter productive.

But maybe 1 pearl for each 4 total kills your team made? That way, each would just get 22 extra. ( 91/4=22)

that encourages people to leech. i could get 50 kills and someone could get 1 kill and sit in a tree all game and get the same reward as me. no thanks.

1 minute ago, xzorroth said:

that encourages people to leech. i could get 50 kills and someone could get 1 kill and sit in a tree all game and get the same reward as me. no thanks.

That is why i mentioned it doesn't have to be a 1 to 1 ratio.

This current one kinda encourages to kill steal though as only the killing shot gives the pearl.

So if you got 1 of them down to just a single shot and someone else got the kill then you don't get pearls for that kill.

12 minutes ago, ArturiaFayth said:

That is why i mentioned it doesn't have to be a 1 to 1 ratio.

This current one kinda encourages to kill steal though as only the killing shot gives the pearl.

So if you got 1 of them down to just a single shot and someone else got the kill then you don't get pearls for that kill.

I can agree they could probably do with an assist system and maybe reward 1 pearl for every 2 kills or assists... so you could get kills stolen all game and still get the same pearls. but you can't do nothing all game and leech.

for the better players, (not just kill stealers) they will probably see a reduction in total pearls added, but at the same time, won't deal with the frustration of getting kills stolen all game, and will actually be REWARDED for assisting their teammates finish kills... rather than it seen in a negative light of "stealing a kill" it will be "assisting the kill" "hey you saved my life, thanks!"

especially worse players who may have trouble sealing kills and getting them all stolen will still get a decent amount of pearls.

48 minutes ago, xzorroth said:

I can agree they could probably do with an assist system and maybe reward 1 pearl for every 2 kills or assists... so you could get kills stolen all game and still get the same pearls. but you can't do nothing all game and leech.

for the better players, (not just kill stealers) they will probably see a reduction in total pearls added, but at the same time, won't deal with the frustration of getting kills stolen all game, and will actually be REWARDED for assisting their teammates finish kills... rather than it seen in a negative light of "stealing a kill" it will be "assisting the kill" "hey you saved my life, thanks!"

especially worse players who may have trouble sealing kills and getting them all stolen will still get a decent amount of pearls.

I'd agree to something like that yes. 

And if they want to actually reward the kill assist thing, they could even do the assist on top of the current system i think. Mission finish, kills and assists.

Archived