[DE]Rebecca

Wukong Deluxe: Hotfix 25.5.4

1 minute ago, xzorroth said:

that encourages people to leech. i could get 50 kills and someone could get 1 kill and sit in a tree all game and get the same reward as me. no thanks.

That is why i mentioned it doesn't have to be a 1 to 1 ratio.

This current one kinda encourages to kill steal though as only the killing shot gives the pearl.

So if you got 1 of them down to just a single shot and someone else got the kill then you don't get pearls for that kill.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ArturiaFayth said:

That is why i mentioned it doesn't have to be a 1 to 1 ratio.

This current one kinda encourages to kill steal though as only the killing shot gives the pearl.

So if you got 1 of them down to just a single shot and someone else got the kill then you don't get pearls for that kill.

I can agree they could probably do with an assist system and maybe reward 1 pearl for every 2 kills or assists... so you could get kills stolen all game and still get the same pearls. but you can't do nothing all game and leech.

for the better players, (not just kill stealers) they will probably see a reduction in total pearls added, but at the same time, won't deal with the frustration of getting kills stolen all game, and will actually be REWARDED for assisting their teammates finish kills... rather than it seen in a negative light of "stealing a kill" it will be "assisting the kill" "hey you saved my life, thanks!"

especially worse players who may have trouble sealing kills and getting them all stolen will still get a decent amount of pearls.

Edited by xzorroth

48 minutes ago, xzorroth said:

I can agree they could probably do with an assist system and maybe reward 1 pearl for every 2 kills or assists... so you could get kills stolen all game and still get the same pearls. but you can't do nothing all game and leech.

for the better players, (not just kill stealers) they will probably see a reduction in total pearls added, but at the same time, won't deal with the frustration of getting kills stolen all game, and will actually be REWARDED for assisting their teammates finish kills... rather than it seen in a negative light of "stealing a kill" it will be "assisting the kill" "hey you saved my life, thanks!"

especially worse players who may have trouble sealing kills and getting them all stolen will still get a decent amount of pearls.

I'd agree to something like that yes. 

And if they want to actually reward the kill assist thing, they could even do the assist on top of the current system i think. Mission finish, kills and assists.

12 hours ago, Nox_Terminus said:

Majority of players also asked for items in Nakak's store to not be exorbitantly overpriced. One kill for a pearl sounds great until you realize how many pearls you actually need. This is bandaid instead of a cure.

Imo since those mods can be earned from kela boss fight, I say those prices are justified. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls! 

You made my day Devs

I saw indeed improvements that i realy liked so far

90% happyness 10% sadness around 2 exploit spots and disfunctional soaker

AI seems to getting better .. they are quicker on spot and response more active towards players

Overall :thumbup::satisfied: good work Devs

Edited by -_Highlander_-
small correction

So instead of fixing the problem with the game mode being terrible to begin with you encourage people to killsteal now as well to get more pearls?

Amazing work.

• Like 1

Please can you fix the Windmill puzzle on PoE for the 1000 year fish please?

The Rampart doesn't make the blades fold up.

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Sweet change, getting between 80-100 pearls per run now. 

Edited by NodDragon

can we please get a fix for wukong samahdi skin's tail. the white portion doesnt change with the rest of the color scheme.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SandDune said:

Except then you realize that pearls given from kills arn't shared and only given to those who get the final shot, so your estimated 130 pearls per run goes down to like 60-80 per run depending on how much you get KS'ed or not.

Ye, I've realized that a bit later. And that really sucks. Basically, it's still better to solo AFK in any way available. Just kill 1 enemy, hide away and read some book or something since 50% increase in pearls gain per minute doesn't worth the effort required. Sad. Well, if you really good (and screw your team, screw them) you may double the income, but that still means 25+ minutes to get one ball while playing all out over spending hour reading a book or watching a show and get it practically for free.

Edited by lainverse
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the hotfix, it makes the works more worth.
But there is a new problem that I can't open Warframe in windows mode anymore. The mouse still can interact with desktop and other file behind the game so sometimes I move a program or accidently open it. Also it can go outside of the boundary of the game window so if I miss-click then the game's window will not be active anymore so I have to reclick again to resume control. That's really annoying.
Another thing is Scanning with new melee still has not been fixed yet, as reported several time:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1106207-quick-melee-with-codex-scanner-equiped/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1074050-new-melee-system-annoying-for-scanning/
There was a small time we can still scan after using full melee but now it switch to primary/secondary weapon, even when we go in/out operator mode. Please fix it DE for the better game experience.

14 hours ago, NUGGet3562 said:

Who is EliteGamer247?

Noobmaster69 had to change his nick.

So, feedback.

1) The fact that this mission released on a Friday and got nothing until Tuesday speaks to a deeper problem with balancing and shoving content out the door.  Getting it out matters very little when it isn't fun.

2) Please start learning.  I don't have a better way to put this one, but you keep saying that you're listening to feedback, but aren't.  Fortuna came out and huge chunks of content were (and still are) missing.  PoE was an economic mess.  K-drives suck, because any archwing exists.  You could have learned lessons on each of these, but have refused to in order to push content out to quiet people because there were huge droughts.  Maybe the answer is less grandiose dreams, less grand promises, and more things where little bits of content and events are the focus with big patches being less the only thing and more a nice surprise.

3) The release state of this event was and is a joke.  It continues to be one step forward and two back.  People suggested a reward for performance, and you implemented something where kill stealing is now an issue.  Let me help you.  Rewards Pearls = (Team Kills-Team Deaths)/2 rounded up.  This rewards everyone for kills, will make leeching a problem because each kill is worth half of a death, and encourage survival over guns blazing and reloads.  Skill is rewarded, leeching is not rewarded, and team play is encouraged.  Of course, rounding up here (IE 10 kills, 3 deaths would reward 4 pearls) is pretty reasonable.

4) Raathum rewards... I can dig it.  Most of the time people don't give a toss about it, unless they're power farming endo.  It makes facing Kela a pain, and thus hides the rewards for many players (grind wall and RNG drop make them less of a reward).  I applaud reusing the drops as rewards for an event, similar to PoE and the infested boil.  Good reuse of content that doesn't punish.

I'm still not hot on this.  Your half implementation of a reward boost, because your community spent pages telling you what the slightest QA should have already done (low rewards <> fun), underlines a deeper problem with an attitude to ship what is present rather than getting it right.  I understand the business logic of this, but this event was not tied to any build-up.  Waiting for another 3 days to release would have not hurt anyone, and it might have made this less of a mess.

Again, good that you're doing events rather than content droughts.  I have to deduct points for poor planning and lackluster execution.  Hopefully the next is better.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, aznstifler said:

your OWN kills.  Not team kills.  which prevents afk leeching, which is obvious.. leechers are everywhere in this game, so i agree that this 'no pearls for leechers' is by design. 

if you think 7 hours is a bit much, then you're playing the wrong game.. ask anyone that rolls rivens .. 7 hours kuva farming is literally a drip in the bucket.. and no matter how much whining you do.. they're not going to change a grind based event to something you can complete in 2 hours.

i know you're hoping that they change it where we can use hitscan snipers, aoe staticor, or just our melee weapons to destroy the executioners.. but yea... good luck with that!!

Alright, but that just makes AFK farming even more worthwhile in comparison than I initially thought it was. And no, it doesn't prevent leeching at all, you can still AFK the fight just fine solo or in a group. The only thing this does is prevent one person's AFK leeching from detracting from other people's rewards. Which is good, but that wasn't a problem before the change either.

Yeah, I do think 7 hours of playing on one map with one gun and no abilities and no builds on either the gun or the frame is too much. More to the point, yes, of course Kuva farming is a hideous grind. That's because the point of it is to 'motivate' you to buy boosters. A pay-to-play game has to be fun to motivate you to pay to play. But nobody would pay to have less fun, so a pay-to-skip game has to be unfun to motivate you to pay to not have to play. Thing is, you can't buy anything from this event with money, so it's grindy and unfun for no reason whatsoever (unless a resource booster affects the number of pearls you get, which I kinda doubt).

No, I'm not hoping for that, that would be dumb. We have that game mode already in the regular Rathuum.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Upvote 1

Why are the last two hotfixes not combined into one topic? I did not re-create my question with a topic... It was very silly DE. 😞

Ok but Nakak's prices are still ludicrous, fix it.

1 hour ago, Spytorex1 said:

You should add in the gun that you use during the event as a fifth mission.

Also to be able to call up the enemy in the Dog Day Scene/capture and use said water gun as some fun.

Or make it so it's sort of an arena as well and we have to fight them in it with normal guns.

As much as I loved this event (before finding Nakak and the whole deal with pearls), please, never bring it back.

Seeing a laid back and fun event turned into a competitive grindfest for aesthetic/collectible items is ridiculous and doesn't fit the feel of the event at all. It sucks all the fun out of it.

• Upvote 1

add the soaktron as a skin for rifles and give us it in a fifth mission or for 1000 pearls

Dog days is boring thx for the afk farm. 10/10 never play again. im sorry for the guys litterly wasting 7h for a "fun" event 😄

16 hours ago, Nox_Terminus said:

So no change to the cost of Nakak items. With all due respect do you guys actually read feedback?

This is better than lowering the cost, so instead of AFKing, you will be motivated to kill harder and faster.
It is pretty darn easy to get 25 to 30 kills if you put some effort in.

• Woah 1

7 hours ago, aznstifler said:

your OWN kills.  Not team kills.  which prevents afk leeching, which is obvious.. leechers are everywhere in this game, so i agree that this 'no pearls for leechers' is by design.

if you think 7 hours is a bit much, then you're playing the wrong game.. ask anyone that rolls rivens .. 7 hours kuva farming is literally a drip in the bucket.. and no matter how much whining you do.. they're not going to change a grind based event to something you can complete in 2 hours.

i know you're hoping that they change it where we can use hitscan snipers, aoe staticor, or just our melee weapons to destroy the executioners.. but yea... good luck with that!!

They didn't change the event to have kills count then? They didn't make kuva survival a thing? DE's slow on the uptick but they generally acknowledged problems after a while. 

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Hwyl:

They didn't though. You just think they did 'cause they said they did. And you agree with their change 'cause you don't think.

Well i hadn't played the mode when i posted that. Now that I ve seen its not global kills I'm a bit disappointed. But hey it's DE why would i suspect them to go for what's logical and the playerbase wants, when we still not have a useful vacuum build into frames.