[DE]Rebecca

Wukong Deluxe: Hotfix 25.5.4

vor 21 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill 

only 1 ? 🤢

1 minute ago, -EGT-theunknown said:

only 1 ? 🤢

50-100% increased farm rate not enough. gotcha. can't ever satisfy anyone. i got 3100 pearls in 2 hours. you people won't be happy until everything in the event is free.

• Applause 3

3 minutes ago, xzorroth said:

50-100% increased farm rate not enough. gotcha. can't ever satisfy anyone. i got 3100 pearls in 2 hours. you people won't be happy until everything in the event is free.

is it too much to ask to fill my ship up with floof balls like a Ball Pit :P

and yes i know the answer :(

• Like 1

I've enjoyed the event since it started, and adding rewards per kill is also a good refinement. The pearls and time investement for the pearl shop items was not a huge issue for me, as I enjoy the actual play. That soaktron is a slippery little weapon to get a handle on for varying range. I do wish you'd have used reload for pumping the gun, instead of secondary fire though. Also - I'd realy like a plaque with a soaktron to mount in the orbiter like the fishing boots, or a Soaktron to take on missions when I'm feeling silly. :)

A further refinement towards balance is to have each target log how much damage each player deals to it, and returns a percentage of a kill to each of them. Players are only awarded a pearl for each whole 100%, at the end of the match the sub whole pearl remainder is discarded. If you do half the damage to a target before it dies, get half a pearl. Do the same again and you have a full pearl in fair proportion to having laid out enough to kill a target - pearl is awarded. All this would take is changing the pearls variable to a hundredths clamped float, and having targets track and on soak return the ratio of damage per player ( not hard in this scenario ).

Afking gets you your base number.
Solo kills are fully rewarded as now.
Team kills are dispensed without inflation of pearl counts from multiple aggressors engaging a single target.

Do more, get more. Work as a team, everyone wins more.

Thanks for the soaking fun, DE! :)

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, xzorroth said:

you had to do something, you traded/bought plat. in your case, you had to do something else to have items to trade. and trading itself is an ingame activity. you didn't just "get it" for absolutely nothing.

furthermore, you are implying everything should be available for plat. not sure i agree with that tbh. some things should actually require you playing the game. with that logic, you should be able to just buy everything in the game for plat, buy the ability to lift daily faction caps, buy mastery rank tests, buy the exp to instantly level a frame, etc.

the faction rep limit being tied to Master Rank is a terrible system and one that's built on using plat to increase it anyways. People aren't building and leveling frames, weapons simply to trash them. No, they use plat to buy slots or are gifted them. 

Also I'm not asking for this stuff to be 500, 1000 pearls OR plat. It would be nice if they just weren't terribly priced to begin with so that everyone rapidly hates the event. Edit: in any case it's not hard to go sit up high somewhere. 

Edited by Fire2box

Oh thank god, Ive been talking to randomes about this issue for a while and im happy with the boost!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, hoodood said:

Could just kick players who afk...or if they don't get at least 10 kills they get nothing. I'll just be playing solo to avoid "kill stealing"

thanks for proving the hotfix only added toxicity. 

AFK players aren't going for kills so they can't kill steal from you. Yet you hate them as much as people who do play, so you are left to solo. 🤣

Edited by Fire2box

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WhiteGemini said:

is it too much to ask to fill my ship up with floof balls like a Ball Pit 😛

and yes i know the answer 😞

it's actually do able now... play for 2 hours a day for the rest of the event. even if you only get 2000, that's 4 balls. or 5-6 if you get the cheaper ones.... times 4-5 more days.... that's a lot of balls.... pause

plus it might even come back end of september or something...

Edited by xzorroth

1 minute ago, Fire2box said:

thanks for proving the hotfix only added toxicity. 

the only toxicity is from you people who endlessly complain about everything.

1 minute ago, xzorroth said:

There's a entire topic in general chat about how the grind is too much on a overly simple game mode that was clearly created to have fun. If you have a problem with people complaining you could simply just not read our posts. 

9 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

the faction rep limit being tied to Master Rank is a terrible system and one that's built on using plat to increase it anyways. People aren't building and leveling frames, weapons simply to trash them. No, they use plat to buy slots or are gifted them. 

Also I'm not asking for this stuff to be 500, 1000 pearls OR plat. It would be nice if they just weren't terribly priced to begin with so that everyone rapidly hates the event. Edit: in any case it's not hard to go sit up high somewhere. 

Many people play this game without spending a dime. just because plat is a currency that came into existence by money, does not mean YOU personally had to spend money to obtain it.

they aren't terribly priced after the change. i got 3110 pearls in 2 hours in 10 mins or so ~27 games. 40-50 kills my first few games, 50-60 the rest. and i actively went out of my way to NOT steal kills, sometimes even would leave low health guys if i accidentally took a kill, etc. there are enough spawns you can literally just avoid other people if killstealing is really such a problem. which i highly doubt you or any of these people in the thread really experienced to the degree they are complaining. i played almost 30 games and only game across 2 people in 2 games that seemed to actually steal kills on purpose.

1 minute ago, xzorroth said:

Many people play this game without spending a dime. just because plat is a currency that came into existence by money, does not mean YOU personally had to spend money to obtain it.

they aren't terribly priced after the change. i got 3110 pearls in 2 hours in 10 mins or so ~27 games. 40-50 kills my first few games, 50-60 the rest. and i actively went out of my way to NOT steal kills, sometimes even would leave low health guys if i accidentally took a kill, etc. there are enough spawns you can literally just avoid other people if killstealing is really such a problem. which i highly doubt you or any of these people in the thread really experienced to the degree they are complaining. i played almost 30 games and only game across 2 people in 2 games that seemed to actually steal kills on purpose.

For me it's not worth the Try Hard effort to endlessly kill for 5 mins x that by what 60, 70, 80 games? when I can simply just get 10 kills in the first two mins and the simply run around the map to avoid adding death total. I'm not going to work myself up in order to farm something like 1/6th less and then have people yell at me for thinking I somehow stole a kill from them. 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

For me it's not worth the Try Hard effort to endlessly kill for 5 mins x that by what 60, 70, 80 games? when I can simply just get 10 kills in the first two mins and the simply run around the map to avoid adding death total. I'm not going to work myself up in order to farm something like 1/6th less and then have people yell at me for thinking I somehow stole a kill from them. 

60 or 70? you can probably get everything including the mods which are not event exclusive in 40-50 games.

over the course of 5 days. which is like 30-60 minutes a day. or you can literally play 30 minutes a day and get all the exclusively stuff for 5 or 6 days. it's really not that serious.

"farm 1/6th less"... less than what? i'm literally getting 50-60 kills a game and making 200%+ pearls as doing nothing. without stealing kills purposefully. and without people stealing too many of my kills, which believe it or not, most people are not trying to steal your kills. you wouldn't even know because you clearly don't play the event with other people, you just exploit and avoid playing at all.

avoid getting death total? death total doesn't matter.

killstealing problems? fight the enemy at their spawn and not around other people. i do that anyway so i don't have to worry about taking other people's kills or them taking mine.

"Try hard" you mean actually playing and having fun instead of afking, exploiting, or trying not to play? you could apply your same "try hard" logic to the rest of the game. like you don't "try hard" in public games to get the most kills and damage on hordes of enemies that die with one button press.

you could always just not play the event at all and not get the rewards, that's also an option. but i guess it's easier to make up stupid excuses as to why you have to make it less fun and have to play to get the rewards. like you people are really crying that you have to play to get every color ball. like you can't just pick one or 2 and actually play for an hour one day, or 30 mins 2 days, and be done with the whole event.

Edited by xzorroth

3 minutes ago, xzorroth said:

60 or 70? you can probably get everything including the mods which are not event exclusive in 40-50 games.

over the course of 5 days. which is like 30 minutes a day. or you can literally play 30 minutes a day and get all the exclusively stuff for 5 or 6 days. it's really not that serious.

"farm 1/6th less"... less than what? i'm literally getting 50-60 kills a game and making 200%+ pearls as doing nothing. without stealing kills purposefully. and without people stealing too many of my kills, which believe it or not, most people are not trying to steal your kills. you wouldn't even know because you clearly don't play the event with other people, you just exploit and avoid playing at all.

avoid getting death total? death total doesn't matter.

killstealing problems? fight the enemy at their spawn and not around other people. i do that anyway so i don't have to worry about taking other people's kills or them taking mine.

"Try hard" you mean actually playing and having fun instead of afking, exploiting, or trying not to play? you could apply your same "try hard" logic to the rest of the game.

you could always just not play the event at all and not get the rewards, that's also an option. but i guess it's easier to make up stupid excuses as to why you have to make it less fun and have to play to get the rewards. like you people are really crying that you have to play to get every color ball. like you can't just pick one or 2 and actually play for an hour one day, or 30 mins 2 days, and be done with the whole event.

Again you can play how you want. Meanwhile I can just clean my room and get rewards doing that, more full-fulling IMHO. 

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

There's a entire topic in general chat about how the grind is too much on a overly simple game mode that was clearly created to have fun. If you have a problem with people complaining you could simply just not read our posts. 

because there's endless amounts of people who will cry about anything and everything like babies. no matter what DE does, people would cry. The hotfix was a great change and made the "grind" simple, literally halved the "grind" for me, and made actually playing the game fun and motivating knowing i'm earning points to my rewards.

again, there is only a grind because you CHOSE it to be one. You don't need every color ball. you want them. You don't need every mod there. they drop elsewhere in the game. you don't need the captura. you probably don't even use it. i know i don't

Edited by xzorroth

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Again you can play how you want. Meanwhile I can just clean my room and get rewards doing that, more full-fulling IMHO. 

you are crying when you don't even have to play to get the rewards. Do you not even understand how ridiculous that is? they didn't even try to hotfix out afking completely. that's still a completely legit option for you crybabies.

"but they didn't buff my afk grind, WAHHH"

because a few hours is really a "grind" it's really nothing in the big picture.

Edited by xzorroth

On 2019-08-07 at 7:51 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Dog Days Tactical Alert Changes:

• Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls! 

Its a real shame that this is not the whole teams kills, as this only makes it in to a kill steal fest with team mates competing when they should be working together.

• Upvote 1

I had this event finished solo and bought everything I didn't already have (didn't need mods already had multiples) the ones here complaining about the water gun have you not played it in real life and realise the less charged pressure you have in the water gun the less accurate it is, also learn to shoot, playing *insert platform* games is about working out the lead of the target the drop Garesh is the only one in there you have to go that little bit extra to get him to beat, the rest are water sponges, I guess the ones complaining want a gun that shoots straight as a laser and never needs pumping, 

I liked the event yes it was grindy before the hotfix, with the hotfix it switches it to easy mode with the side dish if you play CO-OP you'll get ya m8's stealing all your kills 😛.

Players want more pearls it's sad instead of wasting time in here posting get into it and farm them pearls it's a fun change from the everyday Warframe slog and I appreciated the developers for throwing it out there for us to play for free.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, xzorroth said:

you are crying when you don't even have to play to get the rewards. Do you not even understand how ridiculous that is? they didn't even try to hotfix out afking completely. that's still a completely legit option for you crybabies.

"but they didn't buff my afk grind, WAHHH"

because a few hours is really a "grind" it's really nothing in the big picture.

I'm not complaining they didn't buff peral points, I'm complaining the prices were trash to begin with and is the very reason people AFK farm, the very reason you've been getting upset. Is this too much of a concept for you to grasp? 

Edited by Fire2box

5 hours ago, xzorroth said:

Oh, dear.  I think that you may be due a short while of self-reflection.  Perhaps you ought to try reading what you posted last night, as if it was all pointed at you by some stranger?

8 hours ago, xzorroth said:

try using it like a shotgun/point blank and slide rushing, capitalize on the first shot stun.

That was potentially useful to some people, so thank you for posting it.

Make it pearl per team kill, not your own individual kills. Way you have it now encourages kill stealing (trolling)

4 hours ago, TheJagji said:

Its a real shame that this is not the whole teams kills, as this only makes it in to a kill steal fest with team mates competing when they should be working together.

What might work better, in terms of cooperation, is making the amount of bonus pearls equal to half the team's score.  That's not an excessive amount, if what other people are saying about their personal scores isn't just empty bragging, and it would make it a positive benefit for someone to take down your target while you pump up the weapon or grab ammo.

I've pretty much doubled my extra pearls per run since going solo, so taking out both the effects of lag and other players sniping my targets has made a difference; it's just not quite as much fun, though.

• Upvote 1

Nice, now there's incentive to play aggressively.

I hope that nakak keeps selling the pearl items for a week or two after the event ends, just to let people who missed buying stuff during the event spend their pearls.

• Like 1