Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Deluxe: Hotfix 25.5.4

[DE]Rebecca

Let's take a closer look at this change, shall we?

It takes about 4000 pearls to get everything. It takes about 3000 pearls to get everything exclusive to this Tactical Alert. Let's do some math: let's assume it takes about 6 minutes per match, loading and wait times included

• 3000 pearls total, at 50 points per game = 60 games
  • 6 min per game puts us at 6 hours total

Now, a realistic killcount is around 30 kills per game, which is 30 additional points per game:

• 3000 pearls total, at 80 points per game = 38 games
  • 6 min per game puts us at about 3 hours and 40 minutes

Which is still a bit too much, but then again, you're getting one of every exclusive item.

A bit more realistic scenario is getting the Palette, Sekhara, Sigil, Captura Scene and one of the expensive floofs, 2350 points total, which is about 32 games, a bit over 3 hours... much better but still too much. I honestly feel like getting everything (3k pearls) in this event should take players about 2 hours, any more than that would become tedious.

But let's also address the elephant in the room: this change promotes kill-stealing, since you're getting pearls only for your kills and not for all team kills, and there are two ways around this issue:

• kills should award 2 pearls and assists should award 1 pearl
  • or players should get bonus pearls equal to total team kills

17 minutes ago, Legger said:

Are you choosing to be ignorant to the changes?

This change encourages players to not AFK because you earn more points when you actually play.

you mean report afk with a Non-publicise youtube , and DE tell you thanks for report but the video still 0 view?

or common mission set 2mins for afk , when you afk you will not get any reward , but no any afk punishment in evwent? you can afk whole 5 mins ?

yeah DE increase the reward , But as always, they are extremely connive  to afk

32 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

So no change to the cost of Nakak items. With all due respect do you guys actually read feedback?

They do, obviously. The cost of the items encourages people to play the game. If they lessen it, would anyone still play? Probably not after they got all the stuff they wanted.

Just now, Ceekur said:

That would just reintroduce the afking issues in public games again. The simplest solution right now would be to give it on kill or assist.

No, what would prevent afk users would be implementing the already in-place afk reward ineligibility.

Gerade eben schrieb Ceekur:

That would just reintroduce the afking issues in public games again. The simplest solution right now would be to give it on kill or assist.

Most people I know afk'd because it didnt make a difference. Now that it does make a difference they will be active and try to kill enemies. You also likely wont have 3 people leeching off you so even if you just have a single person helping you, it would be an improvement to the farm.

38 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

So no change to the cost of Nakak items. With all due respect do you guys actually read feedback?

I mean they did a suggestion of doing better and playing gives extra pearls, so yes, yes they do read feedback.

This is a tough one, the grind is still exorbitant, but at least they didn't kill the passive farm for the people who prefer to do that, and they provided a way to get more pearls, even if it's not a super efficient way, and it's best to solo still instead of playing as a group, overall a positive change I suppose, just less than we would've hoped for.

Just now, Kalrizion said:

In dog days, just finished the fourth mission and got an additional 36 pearls after getting 136 kills. doesn't seem right for 1 additional pearl per kill.

Only personal kills count, because reasons...

Thank you for rewarding player effort and always thinking of the best possible solutions to make things fair. You could do something with the affinity system similar to this in the future and maybe the community would slowly start to become active throughout missions. Maybe gun and melee kills grant a % of affinity to your Warframe… since some warframes have a low kill potential 🙂 

16 minutes ago, FortunaHereICome said:

Complaining about free items, smh..

imagine being this dense and this much of a moron in the current year.
yea im sure 5 hours of grind  to get a few items that dont improve your gameplay makes it a free item and justified.  The profanity filter is really holding me back right now but my god  are you a warm jar of mayonnaise

edit: oh and nox already calculated the time it takes so yes. its 5 hours if you do this on your own and play solo

35 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Dog Days Tactical Alert Changes:

• Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls! 
  • As an added note, we will have more feedback implemented when DOG DAYS returns, including fixes for AI and more. Thanks everyone for the feedback and fun during this Tactical Alert! 

Fixes:

• Fixed Virtuous Shadow not being an option for a rank up reward with the Quills. 

1-warframe is a cooperative game, pearl obtained by killing should be shared with the team

2-The buoy! i hope you will revert that change when you improve the AI, but blocking the amazing freedom of movement just to fix a glitch is a bad decision.invisible wall are annoying.

3-cmon item price!

14 minutes ago, Kromatia said:

They do, obviously. The cost of the items encourages people to play the game. If they lessen it, would anyone still play? Probably not after they got all the stuff they wanted.

Yeah it won't encourage me to play more. I have other responsibilities. I don't have endless amounts of time to play this game and get all the stuff.  I just wish there was a value placed on the players time because grinding in games shouldn't be a thing anymore, at least not to this degree. I'm not expecting DE to have the solution to grinds, I'm sure they've been trying to find it themselves so game-play becomes more meaningful.  At the same time (and NOT related to this event which is easy, just boring and grindy) they can't have solo players being punished by the game being harder if I play alone. Typical coop centric games suck.

52 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

As an added note, we will have more feedback implemented when DOG DAYS returns, including fixes for AI and more. Thanks everyone for the feedback and fun during this Tactical Alert! 

The AI in the entire game is pure trash. I doubt its really anything worth calling artificial ''intelligence''.

I really don't get DE's goals for the event. Only logical reason for the rules, payouts and such would be getting more people online (e.g. pad steam player counts).

If the goal was to promote co-operative fun game play, then clearly players need to have reason to do stuff, they should feel motivated to help others and finally, not feel like their efforts are worthless.

Like, take 4 hours, have a meeting, look how the system is working and how players are using. Is it what you are after? If not, what is missing? Most importantly, take some time to plan the changes and not just hack something fast.

By now, you should know that for a problem, people will find the easiest solution. The problem: get all the items for the event. When rules were, single winning point yields 50 pearls per hour, then the solution was to kill one and afk. And when rules are, you get pearl for every final blow, then find one will enemies with low health and kill those (aka. kill stealing). 

Any case, thanks, it was fun afking the evening. Didn't play any other content.. I got all the fluffy balls now, so I just need a kavat to use them..

Archived