Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Deluxe: Hotfix 25.5.4

[DE]Rebecca

52 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

So no change to the cost of Nakak items. With all due respect do you guys actually read feedback?

There's no need to change prices when you can now acquire more pearls per round. They didn't want people afking the mission, so they increased the amount of pearls we can get each match in a (somewhat) skill-based manner.

I think they did a fine job of listening to feedback.

55 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Dog Days Tactical Alert Changes:

• Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls! 
  • As an added note, we will have more feedback implemented when DOG DAYS returns, including fixes for AI and more. Thanks everyone for the feedback and fun during this Tactical Alert! 

Fixes:

• Fixed Virtuous Shadow not being an option for a rank up reward with the Quills. 

Sweet but does that take into account kill assists because kill stealing is going to become a very contentious issue if it does not. 

Might also entertain the idea of running a script to award pearls per kill for the matches run before the change was enacted. At least I'd think that would theoretically be possible. 

16 minutes ago, Kromatia said:

They do, obviously. The cost of the items encourages people to play the game. If they lessen it, would anyone still play? Probably not after they got all the stuff they wanted.

WHY. why the actual living hell would I want to do more of this?  we are stressing and burning out as it is trying to get even one item  with these ridiculous prices and you want to sit there with your gaping maw drooling on the floor, and tell us getting what we want from the event and being done with it is somehow a bad thing for a limited time event in a game about loot?

Just now, Oreades said:

Sweet but does that take into account kill assists because kill stealing is going to become a very contentious issue if it does not. 

Might also entertain the idea of running a script to award pearls per kill for the matches run before the change was enacted. At least I'd think that would theoretically be possible. 

No, its only personal kills. It's a kill stealing event now. Where-as it was an afk. Now we compete against each other to get the most kills to get more rewards.

you can literally do 3-4 matches a day.. (15-20 minutes) since the event was 7 days long.. and get ur rewards, if you cant donate that to the game because ur busy irl (which isn't even DE's problem to begin with) then idk what to tell you LOL

26 minutes ago, Ceekur said:

That would just reintroduce the afking issues in public games again. The simplest solution right now would be to give it on kill or assist.

Or make the pearls a drop that we can hoover up as we run around. So afkers don't get anything.

3 minutes ago, TheGunSlanger said:

I think they did a fine job of listening to feedback.

Well. If you kill one and afk, you will gain 51 pearls for a kill. If you kill 2, you will get 52 pearls for 2 kills, so 26 per kill. If you kill 30, you will get 80 pearls, so 2.6 pearl / kill. Presuming you go with least effort, but longer time, you still afk. Specially, if you do public game, shoot 30 enemies, get 8 final blows, you will get 58 pearls for 30 "kills". So yeah, the fix looks like helps, and does, but not for game like warframe, where everything is fluffy and warm.

48 minutes ago, xHayzen said:

- this a ltm so id say its better to make prices higher since the whole point is to grind it not to just play a few games and call it a day

- secondly adding 1 nakak pearl per kill is almost the same as dropping prices for nakak items

No and no. 

- The game mode was added to be a casual and fun game mode. People grind because they want the floofs. It was never intended to be such, although it is an option. Not everyone has the time nor willpower to sit in a chair all day playing a redundant gamemode to get a just few cosmetic items. 

- That contradicts your first point. If you are saying that it should be a grind, then in no way is rewarding better play the same as lowering the prices all together. 

To clarify, I think the event is cool, and I am in no way complaining about the game mode itself. DE doesn't owe it to us to make this, however there are some issues with the co-op aspect as far as the kill-stealing which is now a problem and a motive for toxic players to jump into. 

I have simply calculatet the time someone need to get all the stuff (with mods and without mods and only buying everthing only 1x)

1.Without Mods Only with 50 per round (idel)
4050/50=81*5=405min/60= 6h 45min
2.With Mods (idel)
5850/50=117*5=585min/60= 9h 45min

Ideling (AFK at least hopefully in Privat lobbys) cost a lot of time doing only 1 singel game mode.

Now if i add the kill, and i thinking about 25Ø per mission:

Without Mods
3.4050/75=54*5=270min/60= 4h 30min
With Mods
4.5850/75=78*5=390min/60= 6h 15min

The time reduction is not small , for me i am really lucky i dont need the mods becouse i got them already
but if someone is in need to farm the mods its a really big time eater.

If we spread the work over 10d , the time someone need to speend is around this much:

1. 405min / 10 = 40,5min each day (~ 8 matchs per day)
2. 585min / 10 = 58,5min each day (~ 12 matchs per day)
3. 270min / 10 = 27min each day    (~ 6 matchs per day)
4. 390min / 10 = 39min each day    (~ 8 matchs per day)

But we need to think , not everybody has a good internet connection or has enough luck to get god Host, sometimes Lobbys get Broken , Missions wont start, Missions get Broken in the Loading scrren, and i havent calculatet the time we spend in loding for loding in the Mission and out of the mission (this takes around 40-45s each mission on top for loding in , out and let the NPC Speak until we finnaly get out but only if the connection is good and someone isent loding long)

PS: This is no excuse for afk players in public groups

I love how folks are so laser focused on giving AFK leechers a (honestly, deserved) kick in the shorts, that they're ignoring the fact that, because the bonus pearls are based on personal kills and personal kills ONLY, this change is just going to encourage another form of toxic behavior: Kill stealing. Which, I'm sure, wasn't the intent with this Hotfix, but that's the reality of the situation. If it were based off of kills AND assists, and/or off of being in affinity range, it'd be a different story, but as is, it's just going to introduce another flavor of griefing to the mix, which in turn, means that going solo is still the preferred option.

8 minutes ago, Raphendyr said:

Well. If you kill one and afk, you will gain 51 pearls for a kill. If you kill 2, you will get 52 pearls for 2 kills, so 26 per kill. If you kill 30, you will get 80 pearls, so 2.6 pearl / kill. Presuming you go with least effort, but longer time, you still afk. Specially, if you do public game, shoot 30 enemies, get 8 final blows, you will get 58 pearls for 30 "kills". So yeah, the fix looks like helps, and does, but not for game like warframe, where everything is fluffy and warm.

You can't add a base value and then use it in a "per this" situation. The more you kill, the better the reward. You spend 5 minutes either way. Now in the aspect of your value of the time spent, you may not feel like playing the game mode for x more pearls. That's where the afk players remain afk players even after the change. 

I find it to be a strange you wouldnt make it based on the team's performance? I think the changes would be better if you made it +1 pearl for each kill as a team, and not for the individual. 

Looking forward to the next part of nightwave

2 minutes ago, AridoCor said:

I love how folks are so laser focused on giving AFK leechers a (honestly, deserved) kick in the shorts, that they're ignoring the fact that, because the bonus pearls are based on personal kills and personal kills ONLY, this change is just going to encourage another form of toxic behavior: Kill stealing. Which, I'm sure, wasn't the intent with this Hotfix, but that's the reality of the situation. If it were based off of kills AND assists, and/or off of being in affinity range, it'd be a different story, but as is, it's just going to introduce another flavor of griefing to the mix, which in turn, means that going solo is still the preferred option.

No I've been saying that the whole time, and just ran into at least one game with a bunch of sweatlords, got like two kills in to their 6-10 and was like NOPE. I'm not super great at the game but I'm not exactly a slouch either and that was just ...... If I wanted Conclaive jr I'd be playing Conclaive.

13 minutes ago, AridoCor said:

Yeah and the rifle amp aura works, so if you dont have it you are at a huge disadvantage now that the mode is compete with your fellow tenno to get more pearls. Seen a few people with it equipped already with 70 or so kills while the rest were around the 30 or 40 mark. If you want a fun and rewarding event where people cant pick loadout maybe everyone should have an equal footing, no?

15 minutes ago, Tevos said:

Yeah and the rifle amp aura works, so if you dont have it you are at a huge disadvantage now that the mode is compete with your fellow tenno to get more pearls. Seen a few people with it equipped already with 70 or so kills while the rest were around the 30 or 40 mark. If you want a fun and rewarding event where people cant pick loadout maybe everyone should have an equal footing, no?

A Warframe's aura mod affects the entire squad.

1 minute ago, Keybones said:

A Warframe's aura mod affects the entire squad.

Well when i played with said players my time to kill didnt feel lower than we i tried the mission solo, meanwhile they were zipping around one or two shooting mobs to the point the kill feed was just their names, and as i said only players i've seen with those 70 kills per match had the aura on them. Can't really test since i dont have the mod.

Having played enough to get the scene, one the highest-priced balls, the palette, a mod I didn't have and the emblem and then played more with those changes, I honestly don't see any change with my previous matches, score-wise.

Yeah, there are some killsteals, but not only was that already the case before but it's also pretty much irrelevant, considering how the AI and the stats are for both parties.

If you get a kill stolen, it'll more likely be due to you getting killed by the group of enemies around you and your target than not getting the kill during a "shooting race" (where 2 players target the same enemy), because the AI team has more than the double of teammates and no-one has the advantage because you have the same HP and weapon, with zero abilities. Also, the enemies die very quickly if you aim right and keep the pressure of your gun high.

You don't want to get killstolen? Just target the other 2/3rd of enemies nearby or elsewhere that the other players don't target or see, it just works.

Archived