Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Deluxe: Hotfix 25.5.4

[DE]Rebecca

45 minutes ago, -Cephalon_Cody- said:

you can literally do 3-4 matches a day.. (15-20 minutes) since the event was 7 days long.. and get ur rewards, if you cant donate that to the game because ur busy irl (which isn't even DE's problem to begin with) then idk what to tell you LOL

Don't worry about it, that's what you can do. Because there is absolutely nothing of value on the other side of that 5 hour long trek.
Also, never allow Fear of Mission Out mechanics and the game companies that use them, take responsibility for existing. That's YOUR fault >_<

6 minutes ago, Tevos said:

Well when i played with said players my time to kill didnt feel lower than we i tried the mission solo, meanwhile they were zipping around one or two shooting mobs to the point the kill feed was just their names, and as i said only players i've seen with those 70 kills per match had the aura on them. Can't really test since i dont have the mod.

It sounds like those players are simply very skilled at the game.

6 minutes ago, SauriaLizardqueen said:

You don't want to get killstolen? Just target the other 2/3rd of enemies nearby or elsewhere that the other players don't target or see, it just works.

You're literally describing SOLO mode here. I advise using it instead of public, if you're worried about kill steals. Or even better, just don't bother with trash content.

You do realize you did nothing to actually make the event better with this, right? I mean really think about it.

You cater to whiners here. If people complain to a guy who's 1 kill 0 deaths and goes afk with comments like "Do I have to do everything?" then there's something wrong with them not the afk guy. The afk guy already won the round and whatever you do afterwards is actually only subject to fail the mission more than advance towards victory. So if they wanna play around in their kiddie pool with a gun that shoots blanks in the most boring mode ever. Go ahead! They can't demand others share their enthusiasm.

AND AFTER THAT FACT... this makes it worse 'cause I guarrantee you, now these same whiners will rage and *@##&#036; at people for actually killing things faster than they can 'cause "You're stealing my kills" and thus their pearls and everybody's gonna be shoving elbows. Do you really think it's gonna make it healthier?

I mean you have to realize this thing is more of a joke than a mode. It's like a fanfic of Thaym's drunk adventures. You can't expect people to be willing to play this for hours instead of the actual game. With a mode like this... the better incentive to play would be to increase the number of pearls you get. Period. Maybe 100 instead of 50 to avoid tedium. Or even better yet, reduces the prices of the rewards, 'cause man, they're bloated.

Catering to these players who think theres some deep mechanic to be dsicovered and mastered in this mode like they're hunting for the holy grail is not a smart choice... they'll enjoy it either way. This change is not for the better.

3 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

great job thanks for listening to feedback. ❤️

They didn't though. You just think they did 'cause they said they did. And you agree with their change 'cause you don't think.

The problem was that, for just the capura scene before the change where you could get extra pearls for kills, you could expect to spend about 2 hours grinding. No seriously: before this change if each round takes about five and a half minutes (including Kella talking and loading, I'm probably rounding down here), and just getting the captura scene is 1000 pearls, so with an income of 50 pearls per run the total time equals about 110 minutes, or almost two hours of solid grinding (110minutes=5.5minutesX(1000for-the-scene/50per-run)). To get all of the unique stuff, not including the floofs or the mods that you can get elsewhere, about doubles that making it a little under 4 hours of flat nothing-but-grinding, (one of the cheepest floofs makes it almost exactly 4 hours). A full set of the floofs costs about as much as everything else (not mods) combined, putting the total time at around 7.5 hours of flat grind. This is assuming a flat grind of doing nothing but this and immediately jumping into a new group as soon as you are finished, with no stops: which is completely unrealistic.

This change is good, for most people it increases there potential income by about 50% (ie: they get 25 kills, which is close to the average as I have seen it (modal average, some individuals would skew the results otherwise)). So then instead of grinding for 7.5 hours they would only be going for 5 hours straight! That is... better...?  But if you think that 5 flat hours grinding during a limited time event is fine than I somewhat envy the spare time you have. Also, remember, this is assuming an unrealistic level of focus.

While the change is good, it really isn't enough. Let me explain by giving an example of my story. After the first few hours (not all play, since I was setting up characters, figuring out the rules, helping others to go through the missions, etc.) I was enjoying it, even if some of my friends were finding it getting old pretty fast. By the time the next hour of play passed (casual play; because I played like a normal person and not a crazed lunitic), even I was pretty well done... and I didn't even have all the warframe cosmetic rewards. Remember, for just those three things that is 850 pearls, which equils 17 runs (what would now be about 12 runs); and that doesn't include much of what I wanted to get or take into account that playing with my friends required doing the low value missions again.

So the choice now was/is between what is left of a total of 5 hours straight of focused gameplay without stop or pause or relaxation, or if I approach it more relaxed I would expect to spend two or three times that amount of time. Or... I could just cheese the thing and keep up with my reading (some of it work related) at the same time and, even though I would only be going through it at the slower pace (what is left of 7.5 hours total time instead of 5, or more likely the reminents of 15 hours if I was relaxed about it), I wouldn't burn myself out on the game at the same time. At that point I was faced with the choice between "cheese it" and two forms of burnout.

The good news? I'm still planning on playing the game (though not this game mode) in the near future. The bad news: I sincerely wonder if whomever came up with the prices for this event actually did the math to figure out how long people would have to be doing it (assuming normal, not-obsessive gameplay). Maybe they were balancing for the crazy people? What about everyone else, though?

My final advice: Let the crazy people trade some of the stuff that they get. This will make both them and the whales happy (and give those people a reason to do their thing), and let the rewards then be balanced around more normal people.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls!

Thanks, exactly what I asked for on Reddit.

2 hours ago, Nox_Terminus said:

So no change to the cost of Nakak items. With all due respect do you guys actually read feedback?

I actually think that what they did (give us more points per kills) is better than lowering the cost. This way, your performance is key to your gains, which is how things should work!

il y a 14 minutes, Morthal a dit :

You're literally describing SOLO mode here. I advise using it instead of public, if you're worried about kill steals. Or even better, just don't bother with trash content.

You do realize I'm not worried about killsteals because it's a non-issue in my opinion due to how the event works.

Also, targeting other enemies the other players aren't targeting is not even remotely close to solo mode. It's called "trying to kill more enemies than just one at the same time"... which is how a good chunk of team-based modes in games work.

1. Why is soaktron attack speed tied to frame rates? Any framerate drop leads to lower attackspeed.

2. Why are the kill rewards not shared? Do you really just want this to be a solo event?

Yes it promotes not being afk. But lets be real here its just a bonus.

Yes it rewards people who are active. But when you do 51% damage to an enemy and the guy swoops in and kills, and gets 40-50 kills a match out of the total 80, that's 3 people missing out on your bonus rewards for something that the 50 kill guy didn't 100% get by himself.

So what is it you're trying to do with this mode? People already dont think the rewards match the grind and your attempt to give people more chances at earning pearls is confounded by a mechanic that the rest of this game doesn't use at all. 

The only good thing about this is that the event will soon be over and people will stop caring about an event barely given much thought by DE.

Dog Days Tactical Alert Changes:

• Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls! 
  •  

Still isn't enough to make me want to grind that out, maybe if it were higher # per kill or Nakak's prices got lowered sure but as it currently is? Still a hard nope from me and many others I'm betting.

I think you kind of dropped the ball on this event.

Dog Days from the looks, sound, and dialogue wise seems to want to be a super silly, fun tactical alert. Great! That's a fine thing to aim for, and a good way to introduce some silly beach floofs to the game.

Problem: the rewards are locked behind insultingly high grind wall, and the best way to play in a multiplayer game is to go solo so you cannot be killstolen. This is very poor design for what should be a light hearted summer romp. This is made even worse by the gun's controls and firing being so bad that it makes the Plasma Sword look good.

Suggested fixes for when the event is brought back, since I assume DE either will not or can not change it currently.

1) Massively reduce pearl costs across the board. Make it so 1-4 max level runs is enough to buy at least 1 of any item. Let players who want everything to just have some beach time fights instead of hour long grinds. Let players who want piles of floofs to have the realistic option of getting them without sacrificing their sanity and days of play time.

2) Make all kills give pearls, not just own kills. Tying into 1 for how it works; a player in the fun shooty water mode should not feel or be penalized for playing in a group. For people worried about afks/leechers: make pearls a 'drop' that are marked on the map and expire after 1-2 minutes. This doesn't help the case where someone does nothing but run around picking up pearls, but the current system has the exact same problem with killstealing and penalizes the entire team to boot. Penalizing 2-3 other players because of the possibility of a troll getting the same rewards as a normal player is stupid.

3) Redo the super soaker's entire firing system. Currently the super soaker feels like a depressed attica. It should feel and shoot like a powerful water gun hosing down wave after wave of grineer with glistening tenno water, not like somebody leisurely spitting out a sunflower seed. Make the super soaker a gun-beam, play up the particle effects, and make it a straight up hose of watery goodness. Make the gun actually fun to use instead of a frustrating, slow mess.

I suspect this will be buried or ignored, but please rethink Dog Days. It has the potential to be a quick, fun tactical alert to hop in and mess around with. Due to the frustrating gun, terrible gains, and gacha tier grind it ends up being a tactical alert better played via afking just so players can maintain sanity while grinding out hours of games for a single floof.

Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls! 

And this just made it solo preferable. Kill assists not grant pearls, while kill steals do - in result one players get +50 pearls while others around 10-20. Very fair, thanks.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls! 

Heeere we go! Now I have a reason to get back to it even though I already got 1 of each item!

3 hours ago, Ribbon1 said:

I mean, kinda outright states "we will have more feedback implemented when DOG DAYS returns, including fixes for AI and more. ". When Dog Days returns next year and there's no price changes, then you're free to complain as you see fit. It's a bit of a bandaid for now, sure, but maybe they didn't want to piss off players who already bought a ton of stuff with their pearls before a price drop. Granted, with the added change of getting an extra pearl for each kill (and that you can still just afk farm it), the prices are more tolerable now.

Technically they did it indirectly. I mean, in 5 minutes average team usually scores about 80+ points, so pearl per kill means you exit with 130+ points. That's about 20 minutes of active gameplay per 500 points ball while before you had to suffer for an hour and 2-3 missions per 300 point ball. Would be nice to drop that down even further, but it isn't quite as bad already. At this point I'd rather have more weapons there and less broken default gun.

Archived