Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Deluxe: Hotfix 25.5.4

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Engilore said:

1 pearl for kill ,wow what an improvement 

I know, right? Why it wasn't there from the beginning, though, boggles my mind. It's like one of the most obvious things. Effort must be rewarded or people will look for the most effortless way to do it.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls!  

Congratulations now you got yourselfves a event where people complain of KS

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

More kills, more Pearls! 

Thank the powers that be. Fantastic change, should've been that way from the start.

Not that this supposed 'grind' was ever hard. Slightly over an hour a day for the duration of the event, that's it. Easy peasy. The only problem was that performance changed nothing about your rewards. Now we're actually properly rewarded for scoring kills. Should've been this way from day 1.

I mean, the 'loot' isn't even random this time. There's no need to run a mission over and over, hoping this time you get the drop you want. You can just buy the drops you want, no duplicates, no fuss. The only way it could possibly be easier is if DE mailed you the rewards for logging in.

People will complain about anything I guess.

1 hour ago, lainverse said:

Technically they did it indirectly. I mean, in 5 minutes average team usually scores about 80+ points, so pearl per kill means you exit with 130+ points. That's about 20 minutes of active gameplay per 500 points ball while before you had to suffer for an hour and 2-3 missions per 300 point ball. Would be nice to drop that down even further, but it isn't quite as bad already. At this point I'd rather have more weapons there and less broken default gun.

Except then you realize that pearls given from kills arn't shared and only given to those who get the final shot, so your estimated 130 pearls per run goes down to like 60-80 per run depending on how much you get KS'ed or not.

Whoa whoa whoa, hold on a second!

The extra pearls you get are only attached to your kills, not the overall team score, which would earn you maybe an extra 20 pearls per run of constant running around.

Compare that to 50 pearls of a moment's gameplay followed by AFK waiting. You do the math.

I hate being hyperbolic but DE, is this a joke to you? What is this thinly-veiled attempt at silencing criticism by providing the bare minimum of communication?

This is barely an improvement to the event. is it better? yes, but its still an unreasonably huge amount of grind time. it's at best reduced the time by 1/3rd, which is significant yes, but not good enough. it should be that you get a pearl for every kill across the whole team, ie whatever the final score is. this would make the grind at minimum 3x faster and even then it would still feel like a bit much. especially to anyone busy with other things in their lives which DE consistently seems to downright hate. Nobody wants to spend an hour every day for a week doing nothing but this extremely repetative event. It's a fun little change of pace to the base game to just do a round here and there, but when you make it this grindy it stops being fun real fast and becomes a chore, a chore that players will slog through for no other reason than the satisfaction of never having to do it again. This is exactly what happened with fissures.

I'm happy that kills get rewarded, but I see zero reason to apply full out effort when at most I can only earn maybe 25-27 if I try hard during the entire match. I'll kill 10 and then just run to avoid death. The game mode is fun and silly, but not when you are forced to do it dozens of times for 5 orbitor balls. All of you at DE know full well people aren't going to do one dog days event then like 3 missions, dog days, repeat. It's going to be dog days until they get bored after the 3rd or 5th run then possibly log out of warframe. 

I'm completely a noob and what I'm about  to post has nothing to do bout this hot -fix  but i just want to post  because I have no life ... and I think it will better me, I have no common sense, or I would not be here .... so I just sit in my parents basement  and post away... 

@[DE]Rebecca

In order to satisfy the requirements of: 1) No AFK'rs / leechers and 2) active gameplay:

I propose a solution of giving a pearl to everyone that 'kills' a target.  This way the afk/ leechers will get nothing, and if a player does any damage that does damage to a target, then that player and all players that attacked that target gets a personal kill/ extra pearl.  I AGREE that the entire party should NOT share in the kills of everyone in the party simply because i KNOW that will cause even MORE leechers to join pub matches and make every active player furious.

I believe that this solution would promote active gameplay.  Even if someone just runs around tagging everything just to get credit, that's better than just hiding in a tree.

Also.. if you really want to get rid of the afk issue.. simply remove all of the hiding spots in trees and water buoys and just make them cosmetic, and don't let 'leechers' get any credit if they die more than say 15 times in a match.

Thanks again for this interesting game-mode.

Archived