Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Major Warframe Skill Buffs(After Mag's Pull Update)

Makemap

There is a lot of 25 energy skills that need buffing badly to be made viable for escaping from lvl 60+.

Here is a list of ideas:

Volt Shock:

Instead of 5 maximum targets. Chain lightning who ever is closer (really close AOE range).

Stun should last for 5 second to be on pair with Frost. If on water, enemies stepping on the water would be electrocuted and stunned also. Bonus range for water.

Frost Freeze:

As enemies are frozen there is an extremely cold icy effect surrounding them causing extra cold damage. Any enemies walking/running near the the frozen enemies either becomes frozen or take cold damage due to the negative climate.

Water would also freeze if skill is used on water it would freeze everyone on the water for a distance(in case water maps are added).

Technically all Frost skill except snow globe should have bonus distance on water.

Ash Shuriken:

Double the throwing stars due to the fact we have Hikou now(so, I think it throws 3, so boost it to 6 stars). Each rank should also increase the amount of time Ash throws his shuriken(extremely fast)

Rank 1 = 1 time.

Rank 2 = 2 times.

Rank 4 = 4 times max.

Shuriken also have 100% puncture to impale enemies into walls if they are killed.

Ember Fireball:

Just like Ogris, it cause an explosion at rank 2. The higher the rank, the bigger the explosion. Enemies with get knocked down within the explosion.

Saryn Venom:

Causes poison clouds when exploded causing a foggy distance to lower enemies range. There is 10 second before it explode and spreads to enemies that are close if the spores are not destroyed in time.

The higher rank it is, the bigger the poison cloud. This allows Saryn to get into melee range with "Contagion".

Nyx Mind Control:

Mind Control will spread to the next enemy each time they kill the mind controlled enemy. Max is 3 enemies max rank.

Not sure about healing, but ancient healers should heal you, and shield osprey should regenerate your shield.

Maybe we could have an osprey as a sentinel ;-), they seem small enough.

Banshee Sonic Boom:

Enemies are stunned by the effect with the lost of hearing possibly covering there ears and not shooting. Stunned for 5 second on the ground and a little bit more range as the sound was so loud even the enemies standing a bit further were covering their ears.

Nekros Soul Punch:

Each rank increase the number of enemies it hits and the bigger the fist power becomes.

Rank 2 = hits 2 enemies (Punches with 1 fist like right now)

Rank 3 = hits 3 enemies (Punches with two fists)

Rank 4 = hits 4 enemies (Punches with two fists)

Just like bowling.

Edited by Makemap

Volt's Shock should just guarantee a stun on enemies, that way it would be much more reliable as minor crowd control. However, I feel that 8 seconds is too long of a stun right off the bat.  I was thinking the duration of stun should last 5 seconds at max rank, and to be increased with duration mods. Through the use of duration mods, 8 seconds of stun may be achieved.

Though I understand that you want water to be affected by Shock, I don't think it would be a good idea to implement at the moment, because there is rarely any water in the maps right now. I can only recall some tiles to have water, but it's such a small amount that it would be barely usable for such feature for Shock.

Also I would want the max of 5 enemies, because I don't want the very close AOE. I like the distance chaining effect Shock has now. It's chaining isn't perfect, as sometimes it doesn't chain correctly, but if it were to guarantee a stun, I think it would be a fair enough.  Although it would be nice if the number of chained targets can be increased with the Stretch mod.

I don't even know why the hate, seriously. I think DE is trying to get us ready for their new enemies, or lvl 150+. This game isn't even close to end game.

They why they nerf warframes ?

Example : How nerfing bastile makes Vauban "ready" for 150+ enemies ?

There is a lot of 25 energy skills that need buffing badly to be made viable for escaping from lvl 60+.

Here is a list:

Ash Shuriken:

Double the throwing stars due to the fact we have Hikou now(so, I think it throws 3, so boost it to 6 stars). Each rank should also increase the amount of time Ash throws his shuriken(extremely fast)

Rank 1 = 1 time.

Rank 2 = 2 times.

Rank 4 = 4 times max.

Shuriken also have 100% puncture to impale enemies into walls if they are killed.

I completely disagree. Shuriken already does pretty insane damage for so little energy, increasing the number of stars without reducing the damage would just be over the top.

I'm not going to bother with the rest, this one just stood out to me as way too powerful.

Saryn's Venom power just overall needs a redo. Enemies die too quickly for the spores to even make any effect on them, and on the ones that DO take a bit longer to kill, you could easily use a better power and they don't do nearly enough damage compared to the other powers, even for a DoT ability.

Other 'Frames powers have better usages as well. Frost's has a freeze, Volt has a stun, ect.

They why they nerf warframes ?

Example : How nerfing bastile makes Vauban "ready" for 150+ enemies ?

Bastille doesnt care if the enemy is lvl 10 or 150, it is already ready.

But if you meant "ready to block an UNLIMITED number of lvl 150 enemies" no skill should be ready for that.

(and no, Snow Globe is gonna get the same treatment, so dont come out with it.)

Saryn's Venom power just overall needs a redo. Enemies die too quickly for the spores to even make any effect on them, and on the ones that DO take a bit longer to kill, you could easily use a better power and they don't do nearly enough damage compared to the other powers, even for a DoT ability.

Other 'Frames powers have better usages as well. Frost's has a freeze, Volt has a stun, ect.

I understand Venom enemeis die too quickly. But, I added a 10 sec wait time for Nightmare and solo. It the enmies die too quickly it is obviously you team OP them, then there isn't a need too use Venom. Venom should become more of a stealth play because all Saryn skill is based on Melee range.

I don't even know why the hate, seriously. I think DE is trying to get us ready for their new enemies, or lvl 150+. This game isn't even close to end game.

Yep, the issue I have with most skills is they are only effective level 1-60 beyond that many fall off in the 61-90 range and then only a FEW are useful past the level 100 mark.

I laugh at people who claim pull is OP.

They obviously haven't realised the true potential of shield polarise.

Pull drops off around level 50 enemies.

Polarise gets better the more shields enemies have, meaning it is THE best and only scaling skill for corpus and grineer.

But you know, one shotting trash mobs below level 50 is deemed OP.

I laugh at people who claim pull is OP.

They obviously haven't realised the true potential of shield polarise.

Pull drops off around level 50 enemies.

Polarise gets better the more shields enemies have, meaning it is THE best and only scaling skill for corpus and grineer.

But you know, one shotting trash mobs below level 50 is deemed OP.

Pull does not drop off around lv 50, it takes lv 100 before excessive pulls (around 6) are needed to clear a room.   Level 50?  Two, maybe three pulls needed to clear a room.

Pull does not drop off around lv 50, it takes lv 100 before excessive pulls (around 6) are needed to clear a room.   Level 50?  Two, maybe three pulls needed to clear a room.

Even then it's hard CC which can stop Grineer and Corpus from shooting thier level 100 guns. Mag is in a very good place right now. Imo all "damage" skills should seem OP pre-level 50. The skill comes in when you need teams to do things at the higher content. Let the low-levels but ability spam but make the higher levels mesh better with abilities through Ability Synergism and Team Dynamics.

My point is, the higher tou go the more pulls you need. It's a flat damage power.

Polarise scales, the higher the enemies go the more damage polarise does. I can happily one shot a wave of corpus on outer terminus with a single shield polarise. I'm talking lvl 180 techs dropping from one cast.

Pull is good damage for early levels amd good CC later, but it's not OP. Shield polarise is the true powerhouse in mags arsenal.

Because Steve can't into balance.

Hell, he nerfed Ember when she was nearly perfect just because it didn't fit his "vision".

Scott. Scott changed it.

Anyway I support his decision in changing ember. I just think he made an error in doing so before the armour rework and without any of her powers recieveing an explicit buff.

All of the changes listed in the OP (except Ember's Fireball) would be overpowered. 

Shock needs to reliably chain to nearby enemies, and produce a 3 second stun.  (Electric damage is it's other problem, but that will hopefully be resolved). 

Freeze needs to be instant cast (it has travel time, allowing it to miss), and shouldn't break upon damage for at least 8 seconds (the target remains invulnerable until Freeze wears off). 

Shuriken should be a single projectile with a large amount of puncture (goes through multiple enemies in a line, but not walls). 

Fireball pretty much does need to explode.  Although I wish I could think of some way to make it more distinguishable from an Ogris. 

Venom just needs to have its spore cap increased (although not eliminated, since it was crashing computers). 

Mind Control and Sonic Boom are both perfectly fine as is.  They both have a very useful CC, and therefore scale reasonably well. 

Because Ember needed yet another AoE fire damage skill, amirite?

It always had an AoE DoT. But the range is pitiful. We lost the damage reduction with no real bonus to damage output or radius.

I still stand by my opinion, merge Overheat and World on Fire. Give us something new.

I still stand by my opinion, merge Overheat and World on Fire. Give us something new.

IHMO, it would be better and easier to just revert Overheat.  Embers is way too slow and squishy to not have a defensive ability, and Overheat has been proven to work well but not provide invincibility (in high-level missions). 

IHMO, it would be better and easier to just revert Overheat.  Embers is way too slow and squishy to not have a defensive ability, and Overheat has been proven to work well but not provide invincibility (in high-level missions). 

Or give  her better mobility skills to go with her damage making her a dive-n-burn frame that can jump out.

I am continually surprised as to how the forums still undervalue Mag.  Even in her current "good" state people still do not understand full power of Mag's Pull.  Right now, the current Meta of the game one of the best groups you can have is four Mags.  Only three Mags and a Nova for the damage buff is better, but I will focus on the four Mags for now as it is simpler to highlight.  Lets say we have four naked Mag's(perverts).  One pull does 300 armor ignoring damage base for 25 energy.  This means that four Pulls at 100 energy total is 1200, beating out  all other Ulti's in damage that do not have a target cap.  Now 100 energy for one Mag is a lot, it takes four energy orbs to recover from it which you are not likely to get if you kill the enemies.  But what if all four Mags use their Pull?  That is 25 energy each for a large area damage effect that will do the same damage as any Ulti.  What makes this even better is that you only need one energy orb to recover from it which you are likely to get.  That's right, you effectively get the damage and the area of an Ulti for 25 energy.  Now, things get even better once you include mods.  With Streamline Pull costs 17.5 energy, effectively giving you an Ulty for a net gain of energy if at least one energy orb drops.  Again, let me repeat that, you gain energy for the damage of an Ulti.  So, you can gain energy for the damage of an Ulti AND you are ragdolling the enemies so they can not shot you.  Sure, you may not kill the enemies in one go but that does not discount the energy efficiency you get for the damage done with four Mags with just Pull.  Since you get to spread the energy cost for the damage across the frames it makes energy recovery so much easier and efficient.

This is why Pull is so bad for the game now, you do not just have to adjust the damage of the #1's, you have to increase the damage of every damaging ability in the game to match Mag's Pull.

I would be fine if Pull did 150 base damage (half of what it is now) unless they buff ALL damage skills to match it. Currently it seems most abilities are viable damage up to level 60, then some fall off a bit (the low damage ones) then at level 90 they really fall off only leaving a few viable skills. After 120 only the CC skills remain.

Perhaps mag has a strong no.1 skill....but we should buff her number 4 (which sucks even at mid levels) along with some other warframes first before buffing other no. 1 skills to pull's level.

We don't want all the no. 1 skills to be as strong as the ulti right??