Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Puck - Uranus

Bravojuliet4me

Puck - Uranus

There are so many pun jokes with those two names. Anyways I'll try to keep it clean and on point, this level is LOADED with bugs, to a point that I would consider a temporary removing of it until fixed. The bugs start at about 8:38:00 and goes until about 8:48:00. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/463671329

-kind of important- Missing textures - all sea animals are missing textures. Some of the doors are too (or maybe just lighting issues). Missing one or two textures is fine, stuff happens, but this level is missing a lot, making it look like lazy artwork in the skin department. No offense, the other 99% of the game you guys did amazing with, but this one level just looks sloppy/rushed that's all. 

- Not important - Missing Death animations - Sea animals have no death animation, they just vanish.

-Border line game breaking -Walking out of walls - Turn off fan, look where you want to go and press W...

- Not important - Falling out of the map - this one will be prevented by not being able to walk outside the map where ever you feel like it once the fan is turned off.

- Kind of important - Poor AI guidance - I literally was trying to glitch my way into what ever room had this one guy in it because the RED AI symbol kept telling me to go into a room that was irrelevant, or it was relevant but my newness just did not know what to do.

-Not important - Under water fan - Fun fact I discovered while strolling around out of bounds, apparently you guys don't enable disable "air flow" generated from the under water fan, you  just move it out of bounds and back in bounds according to if the fan is on or not, I know what you did Game designers, I found your bubbles!!! >_<

-Opinion - Guns can't fire underwater - Guns are a gas operated (oxygen), simple machine that uses a firing pin to prime the primer on a bullet cartridge. Once the round is primed via the firing pin it requires oxygen to fuel the controlled explosion of the round inside the chamber of the weapon where a tiny but  again, controlled explosion dictates the direction that the ball head of the bullet cartridge will go. Keep in mind, that there is oxygen inside of every cartridge and water does actually have oxygen in it, however with out oxygen from the outside world you get a greatly reduced explosion which causes this effect ---> @2:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp5gdUHFGIQ I understand that changing the entire model of the weapon would be a lot of work, trust me I get it, but can I make a happy medium suggestion to just change the "bullets" to semi noticeable sized harpoons on underwater maps. Since everyone kind of knows that guns don't really fire underwater. It's not like I'm asking "why don't I have to regroove the threading on my guys barrel every 50k-90k rounds on a riffle and 20k - 90k on a machine gun based on a users frequent rate of fire and allowed cooldown time for barrel overheating due to heat friction from bullets warping metal over time?". I hope that second one made you laugh a little 😛 

Edited by Bravojuliet4me
harpoons plz!!!!

On 2019-08-07 at 2:54 PM, Bravojuliet4me said:

Under water fan - Fun fact I discovered while strolling around out of bounds, apparently you guys don't enable disable "air flow" generated from the under water fan, you  just move it out of bounds and back in bounds according to if the fan is on or not, I know what you did Game designers, I found your bubbles!!! >_<

I don't think the fan is supposed to permanently shut off at all. Normally it stops briefly if you shoot the connected powering unit, and then restarts (you can dive through the fan into the loot room below during that short interval). You don't see any damage numbers when you shoot the power unit, and it never changes to a "destroyed" appearance.

I'm thinking maybe the bubbles got unintentionally teleported with you when you went out of bounds? (I think the turbine only actually switches on when the player is nearby, which might have something to do with it.) So the fan never restarted after you came back, because as far as it was concerned it had never stopped. You were able to go through at will because the water-flow had glitched to the wrong place!

Walking out of walls

Despite the many times I've been in that chamber, I never found the map hole you went through! 😆 There are a few holes in the sharkwing tiles, though they're mostly pretty out-of-the-way. I would call the re-spawns when you find one irksome at worst, rather than game-breaking.

sea animals are missing textures

Just checked my Codex, the Lanx is missing its textures in there as well. I'm fairly sure the codex entry used to appear correctly, but IIRC the Lanx has always been black in-mission.

It has textures on the wiki page https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Lanx, so I guess they do exist.

Poor AI guidance - I literally was trying to glitch my way into what ever room had this one guy in it because the RED AI symbol kept telling me to go into a room that was irrelevant, or it was relevant but my newness just did not know what to do.

The mini-map is usually a help with that; the icon might be right in front of you in the environment, but look at the mini-map and you'll see you need to go 'round the corner and into another tile. On large tiles it's sometimes needed to flip the mini-map into overlay to see what's what.

There was one time I got really frustrated in sharkwing, though; the icon was ahead of me as I went down a passage, then it slid around to send me back the way I came. This happened repeatedly, and it took me a while to realise the enemy was... above me, on a different tile! (Finding my way to it was a whole 'nother story, though; turned out one of the tiles I'd encountered went a bit farther up than I'd realised!)

The objective indicators in Warframe are generally okay, but occasionally go squirrely and throw you a curve ball. Sharkwing seems just a bit worse than the average in that respect, and could do with some attention.