Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Needs a Big Mission Rework

TrashMelody

Le 07/08/2019 à 09:42, TrashMelody a dit :

Taking again from Destiny, an inferior game, just the first raid it had, the Vault of Glass, is already incredibly superior to almost any mission in warframe, how is that possible?

It is possible because Warframe, for years, lives of being "fashionframe". The core of the game doesn't matter anymore, as long as its frame looks pretty.

29 minutes ago, Awazx said:

It is possible because Warframe, for years, lives of being "fashionframe". The core of the game doesn't matter anymore, as long as its frame looks pretty.

That's not a joke. Fashion frame and visual quality is a third to a half of why I'm still playing this game

Edited by doominator10

il y a 1 minute, doominator10 a dit :

That's not a joke. Fashion frame and visual quality is a third to a half of why I'm still playing this game

Indeed, as here. Which speaks indirectly of the lack of quality of the remaining content.

On 2019-08-09 at 5:18 PM, onlyjokes said:

the biggest challenge for DE is the power creep of the players and dealing with it, while not feeling cheap. they are dealing with players able to deal a near infinite amount of dps, hyper mobility, stuff being pretty much invincible I think DE can pull the environment design off I mean just look at The Sacrifice. but dealing with the power creep with out nerfs or cheap mechanics is gonna be real hard for DE

Seems to be the centre of the problem then, there is no creating encounters that require tactics, if properly modded frame (or some of them) can do "any role" by themselves.

Like for example:

frames with huge crowd-control can still deal huge damage via weapons

anyone can either self-heal extensively or be super-resilient via frame/weapon mods

Its kinda funny they even have Trinity healing frame in game - a shout to Trinity system, yet there is no need for tank/healer/dps, in fact there is not even need for dedicated heal most of the time, even if its nice to have.

Yet there are examples of frames with very clear-cut vision. Like a Loki for example - he is a spy, and he is not trying to be anything else.

I don't think it must be only nerfs that will fix this, for example make ENCOUNTERS that:

deal almost unavoidable damage thorough the fight, and you suddenly need that heal in

make one when someone needs to sneak to critical system in the part of area that cant be survived front-face (or being deiscoverd fails it) and you need stealthy frame

make one where little strongpoint that is assaulted relentlesly need to be occupied/held at all times, and you might even find spot for sword&board equiped resilient frame

On 2019-08-08 at 8:29 AM, Karzakeno said:

I'm new player (about 3 weeks) and I see big problem with how the missions("dungeons") work compared to almost any other MMO.

There is no real need for ANY teamplay beyond: "Player is waiting for you to help open the door" (you know, the door with 2 people clicking the locks if not soloing).

My experience from some public games is:

1) I log into misisons, the other high level people are leaping forward knowing precisely which turns to take, where to go up or down the stairs etc..

2) When i get to 1/2 of the map, far beyond others, I'm informed that mission objective is done and I should head to exit.

3) since I do not know the tilesets (escpecially the infested shipwrecks seem very hard to navigate), I'm even struggling to get to exit before exfill-timer runs out. Most of the veteran player seem stoic about it, but I have been on occasion called "idiot" because I couldn't get to exit before auto-exfill timer. Great player experience!

What I feel is the minimum DE can do: look hard at the way ability/gear scaling for dungeons was done for games even so old as LoTRO or FFXIV.

By default, when you join low-level dungeon in these games as high-level player, you gear (it's stats) and you class abilities powers gets scalled down percentually (you migh even lose access to some of your higher-level abilities), so that you actually need to cooperate at least somewhat with those low-level players. You still have your stats on the uppermost border of what that mission allows, so you still are better then others, but not by large margin. You *might* still solo harder opponents, but it will take you long without firepower of others.

This is default mode, lets call it how FFXIV does: "synced" (you are synchronized for the difficulty of the mision)

Of course, you still have option to do the mission "unsynced" (at you actual high-level) by simple toogle, if you just want to do it fast, or want to solo it. Thats fine.

However, you cannot join PUBLIC missions unsynced - only if you either go SOLO or if you make whole party before starting mission (like for pulling friend through, or farming).

Note also, that generaly you can't complete special events and daily dungeon rewards as unsynced. This is by the way how FFXIV is making sure veteran players are strongly incentifized to do low-level dungeons/trials alongside new players.

I have nothing to say about raids at this point, but endgame teamplay is always welcomed.

I love FFXIV until you have to run low level dungeons and lose your abilities.  This is the one BIG huge factor that pushes me away from the game.  I wouldn't mind if they scaled down your abilities, but removing them altogether is a serious nerf to your progression.  I worked hard to level up my character to get those new abilities, only to have them taken away every time I ran a dungeon or lower level raid.

So a MASSIVE NO to removing abilities.  Besides, every Warframe only has 4 abilities.  Why would you ever remove them?

And in this game, I can tell you right now there would be a MASSIVE backlash from the community at having things scaled down.  Just about everyone playing this game loves being able to dish out lots of damage.  They have spent time, and platinum, in acquiring gear and mods and all the other goodies, to make their warframe a badass.  Scaling their gear and abilities down would be detrimental to the game.

On 2019-08-13 at 5:40 PM, Caine2112 said:

I love FFXIV until you have to run low level dungeons and lose your abilities.  This is the one BIG huge factor that pushes me away from the game.  I wouldn't mind if they scaled down your abilities, but removing them altogether is a serious nerf to your progression.  I worked hard to level up my character to get those new abilities, only to have them taken away every time I ran a dungeon or lower level raid. 

So a MASSIVE NO to removing abilities.  Besides, every Warframe only has 4 abilities.  Why would you ever remove them?

It was just an example, I agree that since warframes have just 4 abilities its would not be needed to play with that. Besides, you aquire all 4 very fast, compared to FFXIV leveling process.

On 2019-08-13 at 5:40 PM, Caine2112 said:

And in this game, I can tell you right now there would be a MASSIVE backlash from the community at having things scaled down.  Just about everyone playing this game loves being able to dish out lots of damage.  They have spent time, and platinum, in acquiring gear and mods and all the other goodies, to make their warframe a badass.  Scaling their gear and abilities down would be detrimental to the game.

There I have to strongly disagree with you.

REMEMBER: With the scaling-down I was talking about new player experience going throu his Earth-to-Pluto discovery. I'm NOT touching on any Challenges, Index, Sanctuary Onslaught, Arbitrations etc..

Doing content where you jump throu corridors and everything left-and-right keeps dying just to your aura (or aura of the player who is jumping 20m ahead of you) is BEYOND boring, after you enjoy the novelty for couple of times at first.

That "badass" you created is not actually needed for anything, since other three "badasses" can each do it without you.

You can as well call it "parkour from A-to-B" instead of "mission". This is a truth for any standard mission type except for the "Spy" and "Endless" ones, which are specific.

it's basicaly Pac-Man WITHOUT Dinky,Blinky,Clyde&Inky.

My objective is to collect as much Cherries, Strawberries, Apples and occasional Melon (Orokin cell) as I can, before either I get to exit space too, or exit timer forces me out.