Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Vallis Bounty locations, variety and hidden gems

-Zr-Scroll

Orb Vallis bounties are generally pretty great and fun to do, but everything gets stale if there is little to no variation.

Currently there is a working feature exactly for that: Corpus Bases across Orb Vallis that you can capture with Datamass insertion.

DdqCHbU.jpg

After 2.5min defense objective you have a Solaris United Agent available to give bounties from that base. This is something everyone should be familiar with early on.

What's special about this is that all the bounties you access here are located near and around the captured Corpus base, which is wildly different from bounties taken from Fortuna or from Agent next to Fortuna gates.

t529AaY.jpg

I have a question for you; How many players have actually played Spy-esque bounties within 'Reflector Control' or underground in 'Temple of Profit'? I bet the % of playerbase is rather low and I bet most players don't even know that it is a possibility, because they only access bounties from Fortuna. And the only reason anyone even go to Temple of Profit is to farm Toroids.

Running bounties from captured bases adds a huge variety to Orb Vallis and I personally appreciate the current implementation of it. As you can choose where in Orb Vallis you want to play.

The problem is that this Feature is not marketed well enough and it directly affects the bounty variation. Normally players activate the bounties within Fortuna, which forces them to play bounties in close proximity of Fortuna gates. They might not even know that they are missing 80% of the bounty variety this way.

Though the feature is shown in the Fortuna Quest, it is not incentivised:
You are not rewarded in any way when you capture a Corpus base other than getting the bounties to spawn in different areas of the map.
Players might easily overlook this detail.

This causes a dilemma, where it is more efficient to just run those same bounties over and over from Fortuna rather than use 3 minutes to capture a base. It burns you out.

I think that if there were a droptable attached to a succesful base capture, it would incentivise playing bounties more and staying in Orb Vallis rather than securing drops after each bounty or just getting the bounty from SU Agent next to Fortuna gates.

To give perspective; When Fortuna was released I completed all the Orb Vallis content within a month or two, so I don't really have anything to grind for there anymore. The only missing items are some rare mods from Profit-Taker bounties, which I still occasianlly try to get.

Recently I've been tagging along my friend and helping him progress through the game and I noticed that the bounty variation in Orb Vallis had gotten really narrow compared to the release. It was so confusing and it made me tinker with Corpus Bases, because I really wanted to see some other locations as well that I had previously visited from Fortuna activated bounties. And oh boy, there is so so much more bounty variety when you just play bounties through Corpus Bases rather than Fortuna.

Please, give us carrots to capture those Corpus Bases so we get more unique play sessions.

The system is really great and it's already awaiting, people just need to know about it and get their time rewarded for it.

Now I'm off to wander into Orb Vallis and see what new stuff I can still discover with the bounties.

TL:DR: In Orb Vallis, attach droptables to Corpus Base 'capture with Datamass' to incentivise exploration and mission variety.

PS: Bounty named FALLING STARS gives you a Spy mission as last bounty Stage. Note it can spawn as a midway stage in any bounty as well.

• Like 1

I might be wrong but last time i captured one of those Outposts all available Bounties have been low-Tier Bounties, so not much standing gain possible.

Anyway, i can only upvote this. I dont know if you have seen my topic about the OpenWorlds,

but i have a few points in there that could be a great incentive to capture those Outposts.

In short:

• make them persistent (once you capture them, they stay captured)
  • add a quick-travel function between captured outposts
  • make the NPC's we know from Fortuna appear in captured Outposts offering unique Missions
  • maybe even add Personalized Alerts for each player (once captured, Corpus will try to recapture the base resulting in an Alert that works just like any other Alert in the Game - you have some time to accept the Alert and defend the Outpost to recieve some extra rewards and stay in control of the Outpost)

If you want a more detailled version of my ideas, you can check Point 3 in the following topic:

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

I might be wrong but last time i captured one of those Outposts all available Bounties have been low-Tier Bounties, so not much standing gain possible.

Yes, if you directly capture a Base after entering Orb Vallis without a bounty. This is a partial problem. If you start from Fortuna with T5 bounty and Capture a base during or after that bounty the Corpus Base will have 3x T5 bounties available. If you want to switch Orb Vallis level scaling to a different bounty level, you need to do a desired bounty from Fortuna Gate Agent first. If you already had a captured base from the past and changed bounty levels, there will be new bounties with the new level available at the Corpus Base.

So yeah, time-wise it takes one extra bounty to complete each time you want to pivot the enemy/bounty levels.

Make them persistent (once you capture them, they stay captured)

Do you mean that you could have more than one concurrent Corpus Base captured? Rather than abaddoning the previous base in favor of capturing another like it is now. IF so yes please.

And why not make Nef Anyo infurious if you take over whole of Orb Vallis. Make him launch a full frontal assault and try to take back those bases. or something.

add a quick-travel function between captured outposts

This wouldn't hurt. I can always blink around with Itzal, but I bet new to mid tier players might really appreciate this.

make the NPC's we know from Fortuna appear in captured Outposts offering unique Missions

It would be fun and immersive if let's say the Business would come by next to the Solaris United Agent and personally brief you.

I could swear this isn't how they used to work. Maybe I'm just crazy...

Seriously, though, thank you for this. I hate the Vallis bounties due to the lacking variety, and something to deal with that would be much appreciated.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb -Zr-Scroll:

Yes, if you directly capture a Base after entering Orb Vallis without a bounty. This is a partial problem. If you start from Fortuna with T5 bounty and Capture a base during or after that bounty the Corpus Base will have 3x T5 bounties available. If you want to switch Orb Vallis level scaling to a different bounty level, you need to do a desired bounty from Fortuna Gate Agent first. If you already had a captured base from the past and changed bounty levels, there will be new bounties with the new level available at the Corpus Base.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Loza03:

I could swear this isn't how they used to work. Maybe I'm just crazy...

Same here @Loza03..

Thanks for the information @-Zr-Scroll, but seriously.... typical Warframe here. This is crucial information that we should get somewhere in the game.

If at all, it was mentioned somewhere in a Devstream/PrimeTime, but i usually keep an eye on those things aswell as Patch-Notes, and never noticed this. 🤨

Just 3 examples where this information could be placed:

1. add a 3rd Menu at Eudico below OstronStanding and Bounties named something like Outpost Mechanics or simply additional information
  2. use the large screens where Nef-Anyo plays his messages and display information like this there aswell
  3. play Voice-Messages when we are in the Elevator going up

Do you mean that you could have more than one concurrent Corpus Base captured? Rather than abaddoning the previous base in favor of capturing another like it is now. IF so yes please.

i want it to be even more persistent 😁

Ill try to give a short explanation and link the slightly longer description in a Spoiler:

• we can capture all Outposts
  • they stay captured even when we leave Fortuna
  • after that, Corpus will try to recapture them (Alerts)
  • Attacks (Alerts) will get more difficult the longer we hold the Outposts
  • but the Rewards will also get slightly better the longer we hold the Outposts
Spoiler

General idea:

• if you capture a point, it stays captured forever, even if you chose to extract
  • In public matches, the host determines wether they are captured or not
  • if you are not the host but are in the lobby when it gets captured, it counts as captured for you aswell

• we can start all bounties from those Outposts if captured (less traveltime)
  • they offer ammo/health/energy supplies
  • they offer a "quick travel" Option (from Outposts to Outposts and to the Gate of Cetus / Elevator of Fortuna)
  • each Outpost will become the "home" of one NPC we know from Cetus/Fortuna
  • these NPC's will offer custom missions
  • either tasks we have to finish in one Session or tasks that work like certain Riven- or Nightwave tasks (longer, but we can work on those tasks for several days)

• the Grineer/Corpus will try to get these outposts under their control again
  • this will become a new addition: Personal Alerts

Gameplay:

• capturing the Outposts will work just as it works now
  • once they are captured, random, personalized Alerts will happen
  • this means that we will recieve an Alert from time to time that one of the Outposts is under attack
  • just like in any other Alert, we will have a certain timeframe to accept the mission and defend it (1 or 2 weeks)

• the longer we are in control of these Outposts, the more difficult the attacks will become (higher level enemies, tougher units, more Mini Bosses like Raknoids)
  • at the same time, the longer we hold these Outposts, the rewards from the NPC-Mission will slowly get better

• the attacks/personal alerts will happen once a week at most and once a month at least

Rewards:

• doing the personal Alerts will offer Rewards just like any other Alert
  • these Rewards can be standard rewards like Credits/Endo/Orokin Catalyst and Reactor
  • besides that, in certain interval's they should offer Open-World-specific rewards like Arcanes or stuff we usually buy for standing from the NPC's 

And why not make Nef Anyo infurious if you take over whole of Orb Vallis. Make him launch a full frontal assault and try to take back those bases. or something. 

That has been my alternative idea kinda 😛

• Outpost are not persistent
  • but capturing all of them in one Session triggers a "big" mission, something like a Raid
  • this mission is more difficult and a little longer, but also gives good rewards
Spoiler

General idea:

• they are not persistent, so the system stays like it is now
  • but capturing those outposts is the condition to start more difficult and longer missions
  • the players have to capture all outposts first
  • once all Outposts are captured, the Raid-Mission starts

Gameplay:

• we will have to do one main task and a few side tasks

• Main Tasks Example: Massive Extermination
  • we have to kill "all" enemies on the Plains/Orb Vallis
  • this includes large amounts of Mobs and some Mini Bosses like Raknoids or Thumpers
  • there will be a Hotspot, for example a large cave in the Plains or one of the huge Corpus facilities in Orb Vallis (Spaceport for example)

This will be combined with a few side tasks

• Side Task examples:
  • unique defense-missions on the different outposts:
  • On the Orokin Dig Site for example, the portal might open and different enemies might come out of it, we have to push them back and close the portal again
  • Spy Missions that will reward us with information about enemy-locations
  • Sabotage Missions that will weaken the MiniBosses of the Main-tasks

Rewards:

• since capturing the Outposts and the following mission will take some time (30 to 45 minutes) the rewards should be matching the time investment
  • possible rewards are Arcanes, Eidolon Shards, Lazulite Toroids, etc 

This wouldn't hurt. I can always blink around with Itzal, but I bet new to mid tier players might really appreciate this.

I have Itzal too ofc, but in case you missed it, they think about nerfing Itzals blink (time will tell)

If that will happen, the Quick-Travel function could be actually useful for everyone.

Edited by DreisterDino