Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, help this very very old returning player

Laconian

Question

Hello, fellow tenno, I've played this game five years ago and now I'm returning, so you can imagine that I'm feeling like a coma patient waking up to a whole world changed, as so much was added in all these years, and despite all I've tried to read and absorb I'm still left with some questions which I need to solve before I can fully jump into the game.

1- In some places I've read it was said that I would have access to the first quests so I can follow them (providing some sort of guideline for me to follow until I catch up with everything), but it isn't the case with my account. The first quests stand as completed, and I don't remember completing them before (as far as I remember I left before quests were implemented). I've opened the map today and, if I'm not seeing things wrong, Saturn was the last planet I've played, so should I continue playing through it until I've opened up all the star chart? What things do you recommend me doing first?

2- I was thinking about doing a reset to my account so I can play again as a new player to ease the learning of all the mechanics, but there are some valuables in the account which I fear losing if I do such a thing, most of all arcane helmets, which as far as I know are not acquirable anymore in the game. Will I lose them if I do a reset? And if so, can I transfer them to another account so I could transfer them back after the reset?

3- I'm still confused about prime warframes and prime vaults. For example, now Rhino and Nyx are in the prime vault. Can they be farmed in game now? Or only after another prime vault is released with another past prime to be bought? Or the past prime warframes cannot be farmed at all, but only acquired through these periodic prime vaults?

I apologize for any grammatical errors on my part and I thank you in advance for the answers.

10 answers to this question

1- In some places I've read it was said that I would have access to the first quests so I can follow them (providing some sort of guideline for me to follow until I catch up with everything), but it isn't the case with my account. The first quests stand as completed, and I don't remember completing them before (as far as I remember I left before quests were implemented). I've opened the map today and, if I'm not seeing things wrong, Saturn was the last planet I've played, so should I continue playing through it until I've opened up all the star chart? What things do you recommend me doing first?

A) Each planet has a junction with a list of objectives you need to achieve to unlock the junction. Once unlocked, you enter a junction and fight the specter boss to move to the next planet. I would suggest going back and doing the junctions from previous planets and catching up to where you left off at (Saturn) first. When you see a quest as a reward for completing a junction, make a choice to do it again or not, depending on if it has something to give you either story wise, or blueprints/resources/etc. Check out the wiki on the quests you know you have completed from before to see if it is worth your time redoing. Progression of planets is Earth -> Venus -> Mercury -> Mars -> and so on.

2- I was thinking about doing a reset to my account so I can play again as a new player to ease the learning of all the mechanics, but there are some valuables in the account which I fear losing if I do such a thing, most of all arcane helmets, which as far as I know are not acquirable anymore in the game. Will I lose them if I do a reset? And if so, can I transfer them to another account so I could transfer them back after the reset?

A) Per the wiki "Starting from Hotfix 13.2.3, these helmets became no longer available from the Market or as a reward from Alerts, and "statless" variants, which are available today, replaced them. Arcane Helmets that existed before this change were kept intact and can be traded between players." Link: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Arcane_Helmet

However, I doubt that support will transfer the helmets to a new account for you, so you may have to ask for help from a friend (that you reaaally trust), or set up two computers and do it yourself between your old account and new account. Just don't delete your old account/reset before moving the helmets.

3- I'm still confused about prime warframes and prime vaults. For example, now Rhino and Nyx are in the prime vault. Can they be farmed in game now? Or only after another prime vault is released with another past prime to be bought? Or the past prime warframes cannot be farmed at all, but only acquired through these periodic prime vaults?

A) The whole prime acquisition system was revamped a few years ago. Void keys were replaced with relics, and prime parts drop from relics now. They began vaulting primes when the loot pool started to become heavily saturated and they needed a way to ease the grind and RNG shenanigans a little bit. Now, every time they bring out a new prime set (frame, one melee or pet, one primary or secondary) they send one set to the vault. And every season(?) they bring out a set or two from the vault for a few months, and rotate around the currently vaulted sets. When a set is unvaulted, the realics containing their parts is added to the loot pool of most missions, to be acquired through normal gameplay. Check the wiki for specific relics to see which missions have the highest chances of dropping them.

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, don't be afraid to ask them on this thread! Welcome back, Tenno!

• Like 1

As a relatively new player myself I’m probably not your best source of information but you can replay quests by going into the codex >> quests >> desired quest then clicking ‘replay quest’ in the bottom right (next to the back button).

Im 90% sure that all the prime warframes can still be farmed since I have some blueprints myself but I could be wrong with this.

Edited by Countryartist65
Added additional information
  • Like 1

3) they are vaulted frames that are currently temporary unvaulted. Those relics will be farmable for another month or so.

When primes are released (wukong is current newest prime) their relics are in the drop table for 2ish years before they are vaulted (relics removed from drop table).  There is usually an unvault (rhino and nyx currently) of older primes active at any given time, that is so new players can get the older content.

1) you may still be able to activate vors prize and replay it. But I think it only teaches things like movement basics. If you know how to wall  jump and bullet jump I doubt you need to play it. 

2) when you sit at navigation there is a bar on the top right of screen. See what it has listed under the X symbol, that is what you should be aiming to do tho you may have something listed there that has a prerequisite. Also junctions have been added in game, doing them is necessary even if you had cleared the starmap before leaving. 

I am pretty sure they don’t even do account resets. But if they do I would bet on everything in your inventory vanishing. 

Oh. If void keys were in the game 5 years ago they have been transformed into relics. So you may have old vaulted relics in your inventory (idk if they transformed when you logged in or when keys were changed 2? Years ago)

Edited by Gibsonx

I´m almost sure I remember reading your name in the forums long ago, either way, I think bbkdragoon  guides in yt could help you greatly, he goes step by step, planet by planet, probably ther are lots of things to go on in the forum, good luck and welcom back.

Since everyone else did a really good job of explaining everything, im just goin to add this one thing. Since you said you played 5 years ago, and from what ive gathered from old videos, is that the reason why Saturn is the more recent you played is because it was one of the early game planets. The star chart has changed quite a bit and what I do know is that back then, earth was not the starting planet like it is now.

• Like 1

Hi! I wonder, were the others' explanations clear enough, or do you still have to google every other word (do you know what relics are, for example?) How did Warframe looked 5 years ago? Was there that famous "coptering" in the game? (I feel like a Gen z kid should feel when talking about floppy disks 😃)

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
Always have those gen x-y-z's confused!

1. Up to you but unlocking the star chart is recommended because it unlocks fissure nodes.

2. Don't reset. There's nothing in the beginning that you can't learn later. Bring up the training mode in your index and practice there if you need to.

3. There are 2 types of prime available for farming, new release and unvaulting of previously released primes. Wukong is the latest NEW release while Rhino and Nyx have been released previously and are being UNvaulted now. All will be locked away after some time and the only ways to obtain them after are:

• Buy from other players
  • Leftover relics from the time when they were available in-game
  • Wait tor them to be unvaulted again.
Edited by (NSW)Lunavay

Well, Warframe is free to play and having more than one account is OK as long as your accounts never interact with each other.

With that in mind for your case I'd suggest making a new account, playing on it for 5 to 30 hours (however long it takes) to get an idea of today's Warframe and then get back to your old account, to open the whole starchart.

Well, first of all I want to say sorry for not answering this post before, my mouse got broken yesterday and I tried to answer through the cellphone, but everytime I tried I got a "502 bad gateway page" or something like that.

Countryartist65, Gibsonx, Pavelord, Furious Kaiser, Foxyboi95, Viveeeh, Lunavay and Dankeerd, thank you all for taking some of your time to answer my questions. You were really very helpful here and you eliminated my doubts fully. You are all an example that this community is still one of the best, even after all these years. 

Pavelord, I must applaud your memory, remembering me after all these years is no small feat. Thank you very much for welcoming back.

Foxyboi95, yes, in my time Earth was not the first planet, and if my memory serves me right it was not even implemented yet.

Viveeh, I did some good reading before, mainly the wiki and some guides in various, but I was still not sure how to place myself in all of that, as most of what is out there are written with a standard progress in mind. But yeah, I feel like and old man talking to young people and saying "in my time there were only woods and indians here..." hahahhahahah

Lunavay, yes, after all the good answers here I do not feel the need to reset anymore. I think I can catch everything up doing the junctions and replaying quests, and doing the training missions as you suggested.

Furious Kaiser, a special acknowledgement to you, your answer was very thorough and it really helped me. Thank you very much.

• Like 1