Jump to content
MrToastPrime

We need a Warframe Pride themed event!

Recommended Posts

Seriously, why is this not a thing in Warframe yet?

 

We could have colorful displays in an exclusive relay dedicated to pride and even pride themed missions that would award something like rainbow colored skins or syandanas or palettes.

 

I want to celebrate pride like I do every year IRL, I'm sure I speak for the vast majority of the Warframe community in wanting more inclusive events in Warframe, what do you all think?

  • Haha 6
  • Woah 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This again?

 

Do I have to tell you about the Independence Day forum-massacre?

  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

This again?

 

Do I have to tell you about the Independence Day forum-massacre?

Independence has nothing to do with Pride at all, the complete opposite of an exclusive celebration such as that actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrToastPrime said:

Independence has nothing to do with Pride at all, the complete opposite of an exclusive celebration such as that actually.

I was refering to the fact that people went berserk because DE "took a side" or something by implementing a USA themed color palette.

 

Do I really need to explain how much of a sh*tstorm a Pride palette would cause?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MrToastPrime said:

I'm sure I speak for the vast majority of the Warframe community

You done goofed.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 4
  • Satisfied 2
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'd be in favor of it, you're better off getting players to start their own Pride event in the game. Even if DE had an official Pride event, people would criticize them for making money off of it, even if its something as little as a color palette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Look at the stampede of people claimoring politics need to stay out of Warframe:

LightheartedMeagerHarvestmen-size_restri

1 minute ago, Teksorbkyva said:

Even if DE had an official Pride event, people would criticize them for making money off of it, even if its something as little as a color palette. 

1 cred Market item, free upon login, etcetera. There.

Edited by NightmareT12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MrToastPrime said:

I'm sure I speak for the vast majority of the Warframe community

I'm think you are not, but as I don't have anything to support this guess, I wont say I'm sure of it.

  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm going to start off by stating the obvious. You don't speak for the community, you only speak for yourself. Id rather leave politics out of videogames. 

Edited by (XB1)Eminem2420
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I was refering to the fact that people went berserk because DE "took a side" or something by implementing a USA themed color palette.

 

Do I really need to explain how much of a sh*tstorm a Pride palette would cause?

I went berserk because I missed out on that color palette.


On a side note, will the stars and stripes palette ever come back? I need it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering how toxic similar events got for other games it's a bad idea. One of the main problems is that people link it to the left side of politics while this new pride event this month is being linked to the right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Look at the stampede of people claimoring politics need to stay out of Warframe:

LightheartedMeagerHarvestmen-size_restri

1 cred Market item, free upon login, etcetera. There.

You talk like that's a bad thing. Most people don't log into a game to deal with politics. This is an entertainment medium. If I wanted pointless politics, of watch the news.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, MrToastPrime said:

Seriously, why is this not a thing in Warframe yet?

 

We could have colorful displays in an exclusive relay dedicated to pride and even pride themed missions that would award something like rainbow colored skins or syandanas or palettes.

 

I want to celebrate pride like I do every year IRL, I'm sure I speak for the vast majority of the Warframe community in wanting more inclusive events in Warframe, what do you all think?

How about...... No, keep this bullS#&$ pandering out of our videogames. Not everything needs to be political and I would like to keep it that way thank you. You do not speak for the vast majority of the warframe community, you only speak for yourself just like me and others only speak for ourselves. You do not represent me and niether do I represent you, so do not act like you represent the millions of players that play this game.

Edited by Sonicbullitt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to play my game without having to deal with IRL politics creeping up my video games tyvm, because... you know? video games are a gateway to escape real life right?

and besides, you already have the ability to splatter your warframe with whatever color you like to make it look gay... not homosexual enough for you?

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ah this again? Please no we don't need this stuff in our entertainment.

  • Haha 2
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'd be okay with it, it would cause a S#&$storm. People like to think their opinions are right, and people don't like oposing opinions those Simple facts mean that as soon as DE adds a LGBT related stuff people would call them SJWs and Cry on forums.

I don't think it's a good idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...