Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a Warframe Pride themed event!

MrToastPrime

38 minutes ago, MrToastPrime said:

Seriously, why is this not a thing in Warframe yet?

We could have colorful displays in an exclusive relay dedicated to pride and even pride themed missions that would award something like rainbow colored skins or syandanas or palettes.

I want to celebrate pride like I do every year IRL. 

TLDR - No. While the following was for colour pallettes and not events, the logic still applies:

"Game developers should remain apolitical and never take a stance in anything which is controversial/always act neutrally. In the same vein, colour palettes should be what they are - colour palettes. They should never be attached to any minority/political group/organisation." 

My question to you: What stops here? Why propose supporting only one segment of humanity? What if I identified as the KKK? Should I get my own "white pallette" as is my representational right? 

38 minutes ago, MrToastPrime said:

I'm sure I speak for the vast majority of the Warframe community in wanting more inclusive events in Warframe, what do you all think?

Do you have empirical evidence to back this statement up? 

Edited by sleepychewbacca
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, MrToastPrime said:

I'm sorry but what does Pride have to do with politics? Are we all really this uptight about being inclusive and celebrating everyone?

Pride is entirely political. Whether you like it or not is rather irrelevant. It has nothing to with being uptight and everything to do with people not wanting politics in their game.

Edited by (XB1)Eminem2420
  • Like 5

Anyone who is overly sensitive feels the need to be represented and accepted. People want to celebrate any certain pride for a particular reason, whether it is insecurity about being accepted among the majority for what they are prideful of or because they just really enjoy what they are prideful about and just want to show everyone that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrToastPrime said:

I'm sorry but what does Pride have to do with politics? Are we all really this uptight about being inclusive and celebrating everyone?

Isn't pride celebrating LGBTQ+?

That's not inclusive towards the straight majority. (Pease feel free to correct me if I'm wrong; The question is really meant as such, as I'm not really familiar with this stuff)

• Like 3

Just now, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

Pride is entirely political. Whether you like it or not is rather irrelevant.

Is there a political pride party? Because I've never heard of them. Pride is an entire community combined.

Also I'm not amused people claim pride is just 'gay'. It's an inclusive event, cmon.

6 minutes ago, MrToastPrime said:

Are we all really this uptight about being inclusive and celebrating everyone?

Do you feel that Warframe somehow excludes homosexuals, and thus needs to actively do something to show inclusivity?

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, MrToastPrime said:

Everything, that stance Inherently comes from a certain political side, "pride day" is leftwing celebration in of itself and is most definetly a political statement. Either way, it should not be put into our videogames, all it serves to do is split a community that had no quarrels with each other, that were friendly and amicable with each other over a hobby they both enjoyed. Videogames bring people together, meanwhile politics inherently do not, regardless of what side you support. Thus you want to keep politics as far away from videogames as possible, people come here to get away from all the crap of real life, it is escapism.

Edited by Sonicbullitt
  • Like 1

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Do you feel that Warframe somehow excludes homosexuals, and thus needs to actively do something to show inclusivity?

Not intentionally no, but some representation would be nice, we all have Pride friends, right?

Also pride isn't just about the homosexual community, it's everyone.

What's preventing you from organizing such event yourself? Begging a company to celebrate your sexual orientation seems like utterly histrionic behavior to me.

Besides, some countries have laws forbidding 'gay propaganda', as ridiculous as it may sound.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, MrToastPrime said:

Is there a political pride party? Because I've never heard of them. Pride is an entire community combined.

Also I'm not amused people claim pride is just 'gay'. It's an inclusive event, cmon.

Pride is not an inclusive event and never was. There are plenty of people that attend those events and completely insult and ridicule straight people for just being straight. 

• Like 3

Just now, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

Pride is not an inclusive event and never was. There are plenty of people that attend those events and completely insult and ridicule straight people for just being straight. 

That's lies. I know tons of straight people that attend and are welcomed, Can't believe the opinions on this place.

I thought there'd be more progressives like myself on here. Maybe DE will still agree with me and others.

2 minutes ago, MrToastPrime said:

Not intentionally no, but some representation would be nice, we all have Pride friends, right?

Also pride isn't just about the homosexual community, it's everyone.

A lack of representation is not the same thing as exclusion.

If no one is represented then no one is excluded.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, MrToastPrime said:

inclusive and celebrating everyone

You mean exclusive and "celebrating" a specific group of people? Sorry if this sounds like a di*k thing to say, but all these pride events scream like you guys just want attention. Like you want to be segregated, like you want to be that group over there, just with the spotlight put on you, like you want to be singled out. Inclusivity and celebrating everyone, to me at least, means that there is no discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, skin color or whatever, that you're just an unimportant regular Joe like the rest of us.. So, a pride event is not inclusive or celebratory, it is an event that puts the spotlight on a single group of people. It's just attention who*ing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Admortem_Inimicus said:

Name 1 gay character / warframe 

There's only 2 (well, 3 if we count the whole Onkko/Saya/Konzu triangle) canon romances in the entire WF lore anyway.

Edited by Guest

Just now, MrToastPrime said:

That's lies. I know tons of straight people that attend and are welcomed, Can't believe the opinions on this place.

I thought there'd be more progressives like myself on here. Maybe DE will still agree with me and others.

No its not a lie. There's plenty of evidence to support my claim. How about the term "die cis scum"? And do not insult me. That does not and will not help your case.

• Like 6