Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment Tweaks: Update 25.6.0

[DE]Rebecca

Thank you for the continued work on the augments and I appreciate all the work that went into the themed loadouts as it gives players more options.

However in the spirit of more options could we have a way to opt out of the themed loadouts perhaps as a toggle in our interface options?

For myself as an individual I found the old basic style much cleaner and preferable.

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Target Fixation - Tail Wind Augment - Zephyr

• Remove buff after 2 seconds of being on the ground, instead of immediately
  • Damage increase per target hit

So, testing?

This augment requires, not recommends, that a Zephyr player reduce their Duration down in order to get Tailwind under control enough to use it offensively.

I play a lot of Zephyr. I renamed my account because of it. And I can, and do, use Tailwind wherever it is appropriate, but one thing it is not appropriate for is controlled and repeated targeting of groups of enemies. It is a mobility cast.

And even I had to reduce my Duration to near Neutral (the most controllable was 115% Duration).

Now I know, this is a problem with the fact that we still mod Tailwind with Duration. Which is a silly method. But.

With a 23 second Turbulence she is very, very vulnerable. And what I can also confirm is that you absolutely have to get your Efficiency to around 170% because even when you have Umbral Intensify on there to help keep your Strength up to 155% (which is about what you use for a good Jet Stream or Funnel Clouds build), it takes a ridiculous amount of casts to actually kill things.

I will admit, the 2 second grace period does in fact allow you to stack this. That has, in effect, achieved what you wanted from this augment DE. Except what you want from this augment is not what Zephyr, as a frame, wants to use her ability for. You've made it so that the modding for her other abilities directly counters the use of this one function.

I had to stack the damage up with a minimum of 5-10 casts before it started even dealing a modicum of damage to level 30-35 Heavy enemies. With the multi-hits, that was around 2000% damage. From a base of 500, at 155% Strength for 775 per cast. You get 15k damage out of that, and that is enough to actually kill a level 30 Heavy Gunner, and juuuust about a Frontier Heavy Gunner, but not a Bombard or Napalm.

So you have to get to 2000% stacked damage before you're at the point where Tailwind can actually tackle all the content we see on the Star Chart. More stacks are needed to get higher, like to level 35.

And, lest we forget, this at the cost of making Tailwind actually controllable enough to repeatedly cast in the kind of spaces that will let us stack that damage up by reducing the Duration down far enough that Turbulence needs to be cast more often than the average Loki's Invisibility.

Tailwind is a Mobility cast, DE, it is not and never will be a Damage cast, stop trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole, you'll only end up breaking one or the other.

Make it a timed buff to her other damage, like her weapons, so you hit 8 enemies with Tailwind, you gain 5 seconds of 4x Damage with your weapons, with Duration for a long Turbulence that's 10-15 seconds on that buff, and you can do it again any time. That would be a self-buff on Zephyr that we, as players, could actually use.

This self-buffing of an ability that only does the most mediocre of damage in the first place, and needs you to nerf your other abilities in order to control it, does not hold up.

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Augment Tweaks: Update 25.6.0

Additions:

• Themed Loadout Screens are here! This Arsenal screen has been completely redone to give you as much information about each loadout as possible on a single screen, while also providing new features like custom icons using any Glyph you own! We’ve gone from a single list with information only on hover to a complete presentation of all your Loadouts with the ability to favourite and more!

So you saved players 1 click but DE still hasn't addressed the fact that you cannot see your current configuration for each warframe and change it without needing to go into config which was arguably the most important part of wondering whether your loadout needed to be changed or not. The weapon overview and companion was not where information was lacking as you'd see that without extra clicks. 

Thanks for the other improvements (not having to scroll anymore). The glyph thing is a nice touch.

Hopefully the favorites system will carry over to the other areas like weapons so you don't have to scroll through everything.

6 hours ago, -InV-Ivara_Prime said:

Furious Javelin - Radial Javelin Augment - Excalibur

Current

Increase duration and damage on the buff

Fix

- Enemies that survive the javelin are marked for death

- Enemies marked for death in this manner recieve +300% damage from Slash Dash

- Marked enemies killed by Slash Dash explode on death dealing equivalent damage to enemies within 4m

This idea ends up ruining Slash Dash targetting, and getting you killed as well as being redundant in the synergy with Exalted Blade. 

If you're killing enemies in 4 meters of Slash Dash, it's going to ruin SD's predefined targetting which will end up pulling you out of Slash Dash before you expect it to. The targetting of Slash Dash is already pretty narrow, this will end up hurting slash dash more as it's already a pretty subpar ability without at least one of three conditions: 1.) Having EB casted already 2.) Having Surging Dash equipped 3.) Having high range. 

Marking enemies for death, or in general just... Applying another damage multiplier is basically just buffing the numbers, the same thing you're accusing DE of doing. Slash Dash isn't effected by furious javelin currently, but adding a multiplier really doesn't do much for either ability in the form of an augment. The cast time is ludicrous, the energy cost is base 100 or more since you can't guarantee SD will target all the enemies if say there are some behind you or targetted behind walls and it's just faster and better to melee them at that point since SD is very slow. 

Edit: The redundant synergy, by the way, is how while using EB, Slash Dash will generate a wave when hitting an enemy. The first problem I mentioned is also prevalent with this mechanic, where EB's wave will kill the enemy Slash Dash is targetting and thus force you out of the ability early leaving you without your health invulnerability and getting you killed. The wave travels far further and will do far more damage than even a 300% buffed slash dash.

We'd have to find a better mechanic for base Radial Javelin in general, augmentation can add to it after, but right now it doesn't even have a place in his kit to be worth using. 

let me fix this list:

ASH

>>> (2) Smoke Shadow - Smoke Screen Augment:

- Increased Range.

>>> (4) Rising Storm - Blade Storm Augment:

- Attacks by clones will raise the combo counter
     - Include a passive benefit to extend the combo counter by a duration
---

ATLAS

>>> (4) Titanic Rumbler - Rumblers Augment:

- Increase to damage and speed 
     - Re-triggering the power will activate the taunt, as well as cause a knockdown effect

---

BANSHEE 

>>> (1) Sonic Fracture - Sonic Boom Augment:

- Armor Reduction is applied even if Ragdoll fails.

---

EMBER

>>> (1) Fireball Frenzy - Fireball Augment:

- Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster

---

EXCALIBUR

>>> (3) Furious Javelin - Radial Javelin Augment:

- Increase duration and damage on the buff

---

FROST

>>> (1) Freeze Force - Freeze Augment:

- Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster

---

HYDROID

>>> (2) Tidal Impunity - Tidal Surge:

- Increase the duration of the immunity buff

---

IVARA

>>> (2) Piercing Navigator - Navigator Augment:

- Added 3m Punch Through to Projectile.

---

MAG

>>> (2) Magnetized Discharge - Magnetize Augment:

- Include a passive benefit that increases power range for this Ability only 

---

MESA

>>> (2) Muzzle Flash - Shooting Gallery Augment:

- For kills made by a player (self or ally) with Shooting Gallery activated, generate a blinding AoE when threshold is met

---

MIRAGE

>>> (2) Explosive Legerdemain - Sleight of Hand Augment:

- Increase damage and status chance when triggered

>>> (3) Total Eclipse - Eclipse Augment:

- Increase range on the buff to other players

---

OBERON

>>> (1) Smite Infusion - Smite Augment:

>>> (2) Hallowed Eruption - Hallowed Ground Augment:

- Additional passive ability that adds 100% to Hallowed Ground duration
     - Always applies radiation status on detonation

---

RHINO

>>> (3) Piercing Roar - Roar Augment:

- Allow Roar to be recast when equipped
     - Increase debuff duration based on equipped Mods
     - Generate a stagger effect on enemies when the Roar hits

---

SARYN

>>> (1) Venom Dose - Spores Augment:

>>> (3) Contagion Cloud - Toxic Lash Augment:

- Allow buff to activate when enemy is killed by damage over time effects
     - General increase on range and damage

---

VALKYR

>>> (4) Hysterical Assault - Hysteria Augment: 

- Let invulnerability linger for half a second when aiming to prevent getting downed immediately in high-damage areas 
     - Increased Range 

---

VOLT

>>> (1) Shock Trooper - Shock Augment:

>>> (3) Transistor Shield - Electric Shield Augment:

- No additional energy drain when a shield is picked up by another player
     - Increase damage conversion %

---

ZEPHYR

>>> (1) Target Fixation - Tail Wind Augment:

- Remove buff after 2 seconds of being on the ground, instead of immediately
     - Damage increase per target hit

13 minutes ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

The list looks absolutely fine before, you're just bloating the page. 

Also, the find function exists on most common devices that aren't PS4. 

thanks, if you need a search function, it reinforces the fact that it could be better organized. cya

Being a Valkyr main, I'm struggling to understand the additions to Valkyr's Hysteria Augment. Extra range is welcome but I'm confused with the other addition. 'Let invulnerability linger for a half a second when aiming' does not make sense to me when being in Hysteria already makes you invulnerable and immune to knockdown to begin with. Maybe someone could clarify?

19 minutes ago, SiegeDC said:

Being a Valkyr main, I'm struggling to understand the additions to Valkyr's Hysteria Augment. Extra range is welcome but I'm confused with the other addition. 'Let invulnerability linger for a half a second when aiming' does not make sense to me when being in Hysteria already makes you invulnerable and immune to knockdown to begin with. Maybe someone could clarify?

Not a Kitty main but afaik after melee changes if you aim you start using primary/secondary as you can no longer aim while melee which pauses the 4 invincibility but lets you shoot. So now instead of being immediatly vulnerable you will still be protected for a moment

53 minutes ago, SiegeDC said:

It's their band aid for how they screwed exalted weapons with the melee rework. 

Aiming when in hysteria pulls out your gun and removes invulnerability while gun is held. 

The augment let's you keep invulnerability for a few seconds with gun. 

One nice feature to add would be the ability to rearrange the order of the loadout's in the selection menu, For example if you have multiple eidolon loadouts but they were created at different times so they are not next to each-other, Which can be a massive pain when you have over a dozen loadouts and like to keep things tidy.

Would like to suggest one or two unlockable augment-only mod slots, similar to Exilus slots. As it stands, most Warframes kind of require the majority of their mod slots to be used to increasing defenses and powers enough just to survive later-level content. The game has come a long way over the years, and we've gotten a ton of new mods (thanks for all the hard work btw), including sets that are intended to be used together to increase their effectiveness. However the number of slots and points available to us has really not changed, and few people build with sets in mind for reasons I mentioned before.

A new way to unlock increased max mod points would be nice also. Maybe make Exilus mods increase max points similar to Aura mods rather than drain, since it does cost us TWO formas just to build an Exilus adapter already. Just a thought.

Archived