Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment Tweaks: Update 25.6.0

[DE]Rebecca

Just used furious javelin and I feel as though the damage is okay... the duration is still too low. For 75 energy, I expected 20 second base at least. Right now it's an energy guzzler for those who cannot afford to get arcane energize.

16 minutes ago, Peter said:

Play without mods using the 4 Dragon Keys, you will have difficulty to fulfill your wishes ~ 

I'm with claymence on this one. The game is very often "made easier" in many ways and I too struggle often to find a real decent challenge.
Not sure if it's because people who have to play a mission more than a few times shout the loudest and get their way or that it is something else.
If you keep adding mod slots it becomes way to easy to build whatever and eventually result in yet again lots of people using the same.
Diversity is what I love in this game and the fact that you're forced sometimes to rethink your build and do things differently and thus creating a somewhat new playstyle for the same frame by sacrificing some mod you had in your build for that other one.
Removing mods and equipping all dragon keys as you suggest to have a challenge is just a lame thought.
Everytime a really tough something is added I'm very happy with it but also know that it won't remain so hard for long.
Drop amounts get enhanced, damage of enemies gets debuffed and so on.
I really applaud DE for making the changes to MR needed for lots of things and trying to make sure people start using the obscure things / playing the obscure missions as well.
Things take a little more time now, enjoy the gameplay and not only the farm for new stuffs.

Keep on rocking DE, doing a great job for all these years and I hope many more to come!
Just give us oldies some more really hard and challenging (optional?) things to do!

3 minutes ago, Suryalist said:

Removing mods and equipping all dragon keys as you suggest to have a challenge is just a lame thought.

Pretty sure that's the literal definition of challenge.... 

Warframe is a game where we as players control the difficulty of our experience and if you CHOOSE to go EZ mode, you have no place complaining that thing's aren't difficult enough for you. Because you have the power to dial in exactly the experience you desire, people are just too lazy/stubborn and thing "they shouldn't have to". 

Seriously the last time I read through someone who said that they where "challenging" themselves and was complaining that Warframe was too easy.... do you know what types of "challenge" they where listing off? The Herculean effort of using Inaros to solo the Teralyst..... Picked the frame that literally (figuratively) can't die and then fought the easiest of the Eidolons, such "challenge" much wow. The challenge level was rivaling that of babysitting a mobile defense target as frost... and then whining that mobile defense is too easy. 

Whilst many player are happy to see that a number of underused/unused augments are getting a touch up, it is concerning that instead of considering the reason for the lack of use, we are instead seeing a trend of 'just buff the numbers'. Making the bandaid bigger does not fix the problem. A number of these mods have a great deal more potential than what we are getting, even after these changes - minor additions to either allow the ability better synergy within the frame's selection of abilities, or fundemental changes to how the ability work can be made to drastically increase the viability and attractiveness of the mods, with minimal powercreeping of numbers. Many overhauls can make use of code already implemented within other abilities, so the work required to change such mods is by no means a large task.

As a veteran to warframe with a fairly good understanding of the mechanics of what makes abilities useful and fun to use, I am presenting a number of off-the-cuff changes to a few of the augments affected in this patch. Apologies for any wonky formatting, these were written up on discord and copied over.

*Disclaimer: These have not been meticulously calculated and are not to be treated as such, they are suggestions as to how these augments could be made viable/fun/. Any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated*

Hysterical Assault - Hysteria Augment - Valkyr

Current

Let invulnerability linger for half a second when aiming to prevent getting downed immediately in high-damage areas

Increased Range

Fix

Removed the ability to block from hysteria, since she is invulnerable whilst in hysteria this was unneccesary and caused nuciance by forcing aim-glides whenever player was airborne. The ability to leap onto enemies granted by Hysterical assault has been added as an alt-fire to Hysteria, and as such, the new augment is as follows:

Unbridled Rage: Removes Valkyr's invulnerability, in exchange for the ability to Overheal beyond max health capacity using Hysteria's innate lifesteal. Overheal has a cap of +500 BASE HEALTH. This means that the health cap scales the same way as regular health. Overhealth Cap is affected by power strength, decay rate is inversely proportional to duration (higher duration means slower decay)

Spoiler

Example: Valkyr with Maxed Vitality and 200% power strength has (100) + ((100 + (500 * 2.0)) × 440% = 4840) + (100 × 200% = 200) = 5040 health

Rising Storm - Blade Storm Augment - Ash

Current

Attacks by clones will raise the combo counter

Include a passive benefit to extend the combo counter by a duration

Fix

- Kills by clones add +1 second duration to Ash's Smoke Screen if active, affected by power strength

- Attacks by clones will raise the combo counter

- Include a passive benefit to extend the combo counter by a duration, affected by power duration

Titanic Rumbler - Rumblers Augment - Atlas

Current

Increase to damage and speed

Re-triggering the power will activate the taunt, as well as cause a knockdown effect 

Fix

- Increase to damage and speed

- Enemies that melee attack the Rumbler become petrified

- Enemies killed by Rumbler drop rubble

- Collecting rubble restores %health to the Rumbler

Hallowed Eruption - Hallowed Ground Augment - Oberon

Current

Additional passive ability that adds 100% to Hallowed Ground duration

Always applies radiation status on detonation

Fix

This augment is redundant, everything it does, Reckoning does better, and doesnt required you to wait for hallowed ground to expire, as such, the augment has undergone a complete rework:

Sacred Aurora: Instead of sanctifying the ground around him, Oberon releases a purifying aura that provides status resistance, and instead of granting an armor boost, adds additional radiation damage to himself and allies within range.

- Base of +100% radiation damage

- Behaves as a channeling ability, consuming 2 energy per second, and an additional 1 energy per second per ally within its range. Allies under the effect of Renewal do not contribute to additional energy consumption

Furious Javelin - Radial Javelin Augment - Excalibur

Current

Increase duration and damage on the buff

Fix

- Enemies that survive the javelin are marked for death

- Enemies marked for death in this manner recieve +300% damage from Slash Dash

- Marked enemies killed by Slash Dash explode on death dealing equivalent damage to enemies within 4m

Tidal Impunity - Tidal Surge - Hydroid

Current

Increase the duration of the immunity buff

Fix

- Increase the duration of the immunity buff

- Status procs prevented during the duration of the buff are added to a counter, upon ending, allies within range gain 5 energy per count.

Spoiler

I'll be honest, trying to make a healing support effect out of tidal surge is not what i'd go for, but i figured me might as well roll with it

Magnetized Discharge - Magnetize Augment - Mag

Current

Include a passive benefit that increases power range for this Ability only

Fix

Magnetic Anomaly

- Prevents Mag from sustaining more than 1 magnetise bubble at any time

- Magnetise bubble will create a ring every 3 seconds that pulls in enemies within 25m at 15m/s

- Can be cast without an initial target (ie, at the reticule), but when cast onto a target, gains one of three effects:

Spoiler

- Cast on a target with shields: Deals Magnetic damage equivalent to 5% of the Target's max shields, per second.

- Cast on a target with armor: Enemies within the sphere are stripped of 25% of their current armor per second.

- Cast on a target with only unarmored health: Enemies with the sphere take 2x damage

Explosive Legerdemain - Sleight of Hand Augment - Mirage

Current

Increase damage and status chance when triggered

Fix

- Item pickups primed by Explosive Legerdemain will garuntee a blast proc, and have an additional status chance that allows a second proc based off the type of item

- Increased the range of the item pickup explosion

Total Eclipse - Eclipse Augment - Mirage

Current

Increase range on the buff to other players

Fix

- Allows Mirage to hold to cycle forms, press to activate. No longer swaps between light and dark based off environmental lighting, and allows Mirage to cast the ability again at 50% energy cost, this time on an ally, to grant them the effect of the other (light/dark) form

- Whilst in light form: Draws aggression from enemies within 10m

- Whilst in night form: prevent the player from being seen by enemies further away than 10m

(secondary effect does not scale with mods)

Contagion Cloud - Toxic Lash Augment - Saryn

Current

Allow buff to activate when enemy is killed by damage over time effects

General increase on range and damage

Fix

Venom Dose

- Allows Toxic Lash to be cast on allies for 75% of the energy cost

Spoiler

Bonus meme Augment!

Contagion Cloud - Spores Augment - Saryn

Fix

- Allow buff to activate when enemy is killed by damage over time effects

- Damage of the Gas cloud scales with the amount of Toxin Damage the target took before death

Transistor Shield - Electric Shield Augment - Volt

Current

No additional energy drain when a shield is picked up by another player

Increase damage conversion %

Fix

- No additional energy drain when a shield is picked up by another player

- Volt can now charge the ability, consuming up to an additional 100% energy to increase the size of his shield, gaining up to 200% size and duration. Charged shields cannot be picked up.

Target Fixation - Tail Wind Augment - Zephyr

Current

Remove buff after 2 seconds of being on the ground, instead of immediately

Damage increase per target hit 

Fix

- Damage buff applies to Zephyrs weapons and abilities instead of just Tail Wind itself. Bonus Damage per enemy is reduced to +10% per enemy hit, up to a maximum of +100%

- Increases the damage and range of Tail Wind's Divebomb by +20% per enemy, up to a maximum of +200%

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Piercing Navigator - Navigator Augment - Ivara 

• Added 3m Punch Through to Projectile.

I remain skeptical that this will get Ivara players to want to use Piercing navigator more. That augment already has an infamous past and has earned ire from some players because of its existence. Piercing navigator was already an extremely niche use-case scenario augment, I can't imagine adding the extra 3m punchthrough would actually enhance the experience with using navigator since the few good projectile based weapons that work well with navigator currently already have some form of punchthrough. The change adds little value or no practical value to PN.

Please do not nerf navigator in some way to make this augment appear more useful. Navigator is one of Ivara's last unique abilities and I would just like to see it being bugfixed as it's currently bugged on a host/client issue (among other things). Please see bug report:

Wow... cool...

Can we get now shortcuts for quick warframe ability setup switches while browsing galaxy map? Kinda not the finest curse of actions to constantly go to arsenal, warframe-improvements to switch for another layout. 

Thank you for the update. I guess I'll have to give them a try, although I really feel there ought to be a Augmod slot for these things and I would give all of them a try in a heart being. Though the point you're making is a sacrifice has to be made. Making them all Exilus compatible is an awesome work around.

BUT--

I do appreciate the slight Ability stat boosts added to some of these abilities to make them worthwhile, so I'll take a look and see what does 'what', 'how', and 'why'. Let's see how things hold up and see what new drawbacks are there.

14 minutes ago, -InV-Ivara_Prime said:

Magnetized Discharge - Magnetize Augment - Mag

Current

Include a passive benefit that increases power range for this Ability only

Fix

Magnetic Anomaly

- Prevents Mag from sustaining more than 1 magnetise bubble at any time

- Magnetise bubble will create a ring every 3 seconds that pulls in enemies within 25m at 15m/s

- Can be cast without an initial target (ie, at the reticule), but when cast onto a target, gains one of three effects:

Hide contents

- Cast on a target with shields: Deals Magnetic damage equivalent to 5% of the Target's max shields, per second.

- Cast on a target with armor: Enemies within the sphere are stripped of 25% of their current armor per second.

- Cast on a target with only unarmored health: Enemies with the sphere take 2x damage

I just don't know how the casting part would work. Unless you aim at the ground and the bubble is generated with its center above the ground, as it happens when cast on enemies, then it would be hard to make it work. But these are good suggestions. Way better than the current worthless augment. It can barely be called an augment, considering it makes the ability worse.

I was a bit more modest in mine: make the explosion ignore obstacles, cuz, frankly, it sucks when a massive bubble can't damage a Lancer because there was  a pole between them.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Chroma squad, hit 99999 damage and armor, but we never see it ...

Chroma aren’t exactly known for team play. Oberon is now able to self buff rad damage and Phoenix renewal and his nuke just got buffed. I think you will see many Oberon squads. 

9 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Pretty sure that's the literal definition of challenge.... 

Warframe is a game where we as players control the difficulty of our experience and if you CHOOSE to go EZ mode, you have no place complaining that thing's aren't difficult enough for you. Because you have the power to dial in exactly the experience you desire, people are just too lazy/stubborn and thing "they shouldn't have to". 

Seriously the last time I read through someone who said that they where "challenging" themselves and was complaining that Warframe was too easy.... do you know what types of "challenge" they where listing off? The Herculean effort of using Inaros to solo the Teralyst..... Picked the frame that literally (figuratively) can't die and then fought the easiest of the Eidolons, such "challenge" much wow. The challenge level was rivaling that of babysitting a mobile defense target as frost... and then whining that mobile defense is too easy. 

I agree that is of course a challenge yes, just not the kind of challenge I would enjoy.
I would much rather use my fav setups and so on on something just a tad bit harder compared to having to tone down my newly discovered build just to make it harder.
I was more aming at stuff like hmmm, maybe give us more options to start missons on higher level from the start of the mission? Nightmare Sorties with a double downside maybe?
Whatever, just more options to do more higher level stuffs would be nice.
That way you can still get the big rewarding numbers but still have a challenge.
As I find fine tuning builds and getting to that one build wich really suits me as to how I enjoy playing that frame / weapon very rewarding.
But hey, that's just my opinion. Is something I would like to see more of instead of having to water down what took me some time to find just to have a challenge.

To each their own, have fun Tenno 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

I just don't know how the casting part would work. Unless you aim at the ground and the bubble is generated with its center above the ground, as it happens when cast on enemies, then it would be hard to make it work. But these are good suggestions. Way better than the current worthless augment. It can barely be called an augment, considering it makes the ability worse.

I was a bit more modest in mine: make the explosion ignore obstacles, cuz, frankly, it sucks when a massive bubble can't damage a Lancer because there was  a pole between them.

Use the same Cast mechanic as Cataclysm does, have a small area of 'soft-lock' around the reticule so if an enemy is within that area, it counts as targeting them. I believe its already used for some single target cast abilities so you can easily cast on something without having to be aiming at them perfectly

Yay loadout changes.  Don't care about these augment changes, though.  Still not going to use any of them.  Tested them all, still just as uninteresting for general use as before.

I know we've already told you this a hundred times before, but have a hundred and first time, just for good measure.  A mod that only affects one ability can't compete with a mod that affects all four abilities (except in the case of mods that the entire build - or even the entire frame - hinges around), so long as it's competing for the same mod capacity points and mod slots as other mods.  We ask for an augment slot not because we want power creep, but because there's no possible way these mods can compete with even just a Power Drift (same capacity, same polarity) because Power Drift can go into its own slot, and doesn't have to compete with the big boy mods.

Even with that said, there are a lot of other smaller reasons why augments don't really work well in this game, and I don't really plan to list all of those as they've all been brought up before too, to the point where I feel like it's not even being listened to any more, but I say that only to say that I personally don't think even an augment slot is enough of a fix; I think the augment idea would have to be reworked into its own system entirely separate from mods, if it's going to see any kind of real success, like a skill tree system (similar to the Focus system), or its own mod points pool allowing us to toggle all of the individual components of these ability tweaks separate from one another as well as just base increases to individual abilities' basic functionality and stats (like maybe I want more Hallowed Ground duration, but not the ground rupture?  Or maybe I want extra Hallowed Ground range because Hallowed Ground's range is awful, both horizontally and vertically?).

I appreciate your experimenting with trying to improve these mods, but it's really too little to really make much of a difference, in my opinion.  I do hope you keep trying to make this ability augmenting and tweaking system better in general, though, one way or another.

Archived