The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment Tweaks: Update 25.6.0

[DE]Rebecca

Amazing update thank you! I am so eager to add as many glyphs as I can! My arsenal will look great!

Plus oh, the changes to some of those augments. I will definetly look forward to test them out. I can see a few I am more than eager to try!

10 minutes ago, -InV-Ivara_Prime said:

Use the same Cast mechanic as Cataclysm does, have a small area of 'soft-lock' around the reticule so if an enemy is within that area, it counts as targeting them. I believe its already used for some single target cast abilities so you can easily cast on something without having to be aiming at them perfectly

The problem here is that Cataclysm doesn't work like Magnetize. The latter heavily depends on projectiles flying around the center of the bubble, so you need its center to be free of obstacles, like the ground itself. 

most of these augments are bad. Half a second of invulnerability, 3m punch through, slightly higher range on this one ability, recasting. Why on earth would I use 1 slot for an augment when it could be 30% strength on all my abilities, or 45% range on all my abilities, or outright not using a frame that cant cast it's abilities more than once? I think the only mod that works well here is furious javelin, where the combined scaling of perhaps 200% bonus damage to melee is good enough reason to use it. Just the low duration for a 75 energy move kinda still sucks.

53 minutes ago, Feltal said:

Oh boy! Now it takes me two clicks to switch loadouts instead of one.

Agreed. It would be nice to just click the loadout slot and have it pop up as it did in the old UI.  The "Set as Current Loadout" Is unnecessarily tedious and redundant.

11 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

The problem here is that Cataclysm doesn't work like Magnetize. The latter heavily depends on projectiles flying around the center of the bubble, so you need its center to be free of obstacles, like the ground itself. 

You could be casting it on the ground to use it to pull enemies into a particular area to use as cc rather than for damaging them, its more just to provide that additional option. So long as you have something you want to damage, you have a target to cast it on (with the exception of things immune to abilities), and thus the ability will centre on that target rather than the floor

I want to hands-on workshop some of the augments but I've had time with Magnetized Discharge and I think I like it even though the augment as-is was actually really stupidly good and slept on by way too many people.

Hysteric Assault just does nothing to address the criticisms of Valkyr's current kit. 😞  I'm hoping y'all actually get on this ASAP because Hysteria is just literally broken rn.

5 minutes ago, feralknights said:

I want to hands-on workshop some of the augments but I've had time with Magnetized Discharge and I think I like it even though the augment as-is was actually really stupidly good and slept on by way too many people.

Hysteric Assault just does nothing to address the criticisms of Valkyr's current kit. 😞  I'm hoping y'all actually get on this ASAP because Hysteria is just literally broken rn.

Magnetized discharge is a stupidly bad mod. It gives a chance to disarm enemies affected by the explosion of the magnetise bubble. The issues with this are that the bubble deals a portion of the damage it receives when it detonates, if an enemy is in range to be disarmed, that damage should be enough to kill them. Should you want to detonate the ability early to disarm them, you're missing out on a lot of potential damage, and guaranteed cc while the bubble is active, for a chance to cc them. Furthermore it means you cant have more than one bubble up at a time since trying to cast a second bubble simply detonates the first, so you're reducing the number of areas you can use to shield yourself from enemy fire.

This doesnt even consider the fact that the augment for her Polarise is a guaranteed cc that lasts more than long enough to deal with almost any enemy, is infinitely recastable, has many times more range, for exactly the same mod cost/polarity

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Titanic Rumbler - Rumblers Augment - Atlas

• Increase to damage and speed

Hopefully it's atleast equal to 2 rumblers, otherwise it's not worth it just for that.

Explosive Legerdemain - Sleight of Hand Augment - Mirage

The base ability destroying pick ups makes any buff to this not matter, unless if the aug got buffed to not destroying them but that'd be a huge band aid.

Contagion Cloud - Toxic Lash Augment - Saryn

Still think a proc chance would be better by itself than just a damage and range, unless it's substantial.

The elemental buff augs are the only ones that could now be worth sacrificing a slot for, anything else seems negligible but hopefully I'm wrong.

38 minutes ago, Ruphkinutz said:

Is there a way to change the color or shape of the retical. So far that is my only complaint.

Try the ui. first go to the Options screen via the main menu. From there, choose the Interface tab, then select the UI Customization option.

Looks clean, but the 1st and 2nd slots still share companion choice. My first lists no companion and my second happens to have Shade. Select the first loadout and sure enough Shade is loaded too.

The worst part about this is that my 2nd slot i setup for spy. Before I discovered this bug I would run Spy missions and suddenly realize my companion isn't Shade, but something else and its alerting EVERYONE.

@[DE]Rebecca

First and foremost: I'm glad the designers and developers have bothered to turn their attention to a corner of warframe often overlooked. This has been a huge step in the right direction!

Also, I've noticed that Copy ≈ Duplicate; the only real difference being that duplicate automatically selects an open loadout slot and prompts to name the slot. Just a "Copy" button would suffice. I'll then choose if I want to copy into an open or filled loadout slot. Having two buttons is needlessly complex.

Please remove the "Loadout options" menu/button from the Arsenal screen. It's entirely redundant now. Yay simplification!~

vor 1 Stunde schrieb AaronGamer11:

Thank god i was wrong! it now makes the clones stack a lot more combo counter, this is a really significant buff

It's a pretty band aid - with some Baby Kavats on it.
Can't complain about it, but still doesn't change much about the use of it. ^^

New loadout screen looks nice, now I can even favorite some setup. But still will be nice to have ability to move loadouts freely up and down the "ladder", because my playing preference are changing. The favorites takes care of it somehow, but total customization will be appreciated :-)

Archived